Saturdays Team

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Posts

1956

Re: Saturdays Team

Postby Percy plunkett » March 9th, 2018, 6:46 pm

owlsabout wrote:Percy scary thing is that cd well happen .

Even more scary,MF has spoken to Frank about a new contract.
no avatar
User

somerton moss

Posts

1828

Re: Saturdays Team

Postby somerton moss » March 10th, 2018, 8:16 am

Day
Pipe White Demetriou Butler


Osadebe Labadie Tozer Dolan

Amond Hayes

I have put in Osadebe over Sheehan because he is quicker more powerful and direct. Judging him after playing 20 minutes as sub. when it was back against the wall against FGR and the other players were out for the count is not a good judgement call give him a start and see what he can really do.
User avatar
User

daftasfxxx

Posts

4925

Location

Newport

Re: Saturdays Team

Postby daftasfxxx » March 10th, 2018, 11:30 am

Personally i would pack Osadebe and Jackson off to Billy smarts circus, how those two are robbing a living as professional footballers i'll never know
User avatar
User

Ado

Posts

507

Re: Saturdays Team

Postby Ado » March 10th, 2018, 1:03 pm

somerton moss wrote:Day
Pipe White Demetriou Butler


Osadebe Labadie Tozer Dolan

Amond Hayes

I have put in Osadebe over Sheehan because he is quicker more powerful and direct. Judging him after playing 20 minutes as sub. when it was back against the wall against FGR and the other players were out for the count is not a good judgement call give him a start and see what he can really do.


With that lineup, you've highlighted the exact problem with the team - lots of central midfielders but not enough wingers/ wide players. We are crying out for some width.
User avatar
User

SJG99

Posts

1546

Location

The End of the Hedge

Re: Saturdays Team

Postby SJG99 » March 12th, 2018, 9:01 pm

neilcork68 wrote:Newcastle got rid of MITROVIC on loan to Fulham because Rafael Benitez said he was ''a crap trainer and didnt deserve his place in the squad''
He is ripping it up in the Championship


Hilarious. So he's not good enough for the Premier League but doing well in the Championship? Well, that certainly proves your point. :lol:
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Posts

5728

Re: Saturdays Team

Postby neilcork68 » March 13th, 2018, 2:52 pm

SJG99 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Newcastle got rid of MITROVIC on loan to Fulham because Rafael Benitez said he was ''a crap trainer and didnt deserve his place in the squad''
He is ripping it up in the Championship


Hilarious. So he's not good enough for the Premier League but doing well in the Championship? Well, that certainly proves your point. :lol:



How do you know what he can perform like in the Premier League if Benitez wont give him a prolonged run in the side because he is a crap trainer ?
According to Flynn, Jackson is good in training and thats why he makes the matchday squad. Anybody with eyes and knowledge of football have witnessed that he is no where near League 2 standard and has been crap every game he has managed to get on the pitch.
no avatar
User

Mike Kear

Re: Saturdays Team

Postby Mike Kear » March 13th, 2018, 3:26 pm

It appears from the above that you think Flynny does not have any knowledge of football including his 2 aids as well then as "Anybody" would know Jackson is not league 2 standard.
Appreciate that you do appear to have a wealth of knowledge yourself of course.
Regarding Marlon Jackson I would agree under the likes of Feeney he was truly woeful but I blame clueless managers.
Correct me if I am wrong but I think since Flynny took over the fella has come onto the pitch 5 times and apart from FGR has played well the little time he has been given.
It is a worry that you do appear to be stalking the fella at every opportunity blaming him for all the woes we have suffered despite hardly getting a kick.
May I humbly suggest you pick on somebody who is actually playing currently on a regular basis., if you need to have a moan.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

13872

Location

MT

Re: Saturdays Team

Postby Exile 1976 » March 13th, 2018, 3:41 pm

Pretty much all the other clubs he's been at it's been the managers fault that Jackson hasn't scored many goals then, definitely not down to him hey!?
Amazing how other forwards managed to score under Feeney and Westley though...
no avatar
User

Harps62

Posts

4326

Re: Saturdays Team

Postby Harps62 » March 13th, 2018, 5:18 pm

Seems so long ago now
But apart from the odd goal what forwards if any were prolific under both of them
Struggling a bit here
Before you start Marlon was awful in those days for sure
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

13872

Location

MT

Re: Saturdays Team

Postby Exile 1976 » March 13th, 2018, 5:32 pm

Harps62 wrote:Seems so long ago now
But apart from the odd goal what forwards if any were prolific under both of them
Struggling a bit here
Before you start Marlon was awful in those days for sure



Not sure I said prolific, I'll read it again ..... no, I didn't say prolific ... but Rhys Healey, Ryan Bird, Jon Parkin, Aaron Williams all scored League goals under those two managers, (as did Rigg, even though not wanted by Flynn scored 5 of his 6 goals for us under them) all have played less games than Jackson... Even Jaanai Gordon and Jennison Myrie-Williams scored a goal under Westley but not Flynn
Edit:- Also, Jackson, despite you saying he's been a 'revelation' under Flynn, has still to score a goal under him

As a post going round on Twitter and FB states ...

'Since Marlon Jackson last scored .... Josh Sheehan has joined on loan, became our joint top scorer, been out injured for 10 months, joined permanently and scored on Saturday" .... sums up Jacko's time with us i'm afraid.
no avatar
User

Harps62

Posts

4326

Re: Saturdays Team

Postby Harps62 » March 13th, 2018, 6:21 pm

Think in all fairness nobody imo can say since Flynny became manager he has been awful possibly due to being injured for 95% of his time under Mike.
Cannot argue that he was hopeless under the other 2 but of course they were hopeless also.
Would like to see him get 90 minutes under Flynny especially if we have nothing to play for as of course he is down the pecking order quite correctly.
Then and only then would I be happy to agree or beg to differ.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

13872

Location

MT

Re: Saturdays Team

Postby Exile 1976 » March 13th, 2018, 6:28 pm

Harps62 wrote:Think in all fairness nobody imo can say since Flynny became manager he has been awful possibly due to being injured for 95% of his time under Mike.
Cannot argue that he was hopeless under the other 2 but of course they were hopeless also.
Would like to see him get 90 minutes under Flynny especially if we have nothing to play for as of course he is down the pecking order quite correctly.
Then and only then would I be happy to agree or beg to differ.



Under Flynn he was awful against FGR, he has played ok in a couple and good in a further couple of other cameo's.
To me we have far better than him at the club and would not look at giving him any more minutes, let alone 90, and rather give Touray a run out. The other two managers may have been awful as you say, but plenty of other players scored goals under them
User avatar
User

SJG99

Posts

1546

Location

The End of the Hedge

Re: Saturdays Team

Postby SJG99 » March 14th, 2018, 9:35 pm

neilcork68 wrote:How do you know what he can perform like in the Premier League if Benitez wont give him a prolonged run in the side because he is a crap trainer ?


Apart from the fact Mitrovic has played 65 matches for Newcastle, including an entire season in the Premier League when they got relegated in 2015/16? Benitez has been managing him since March 2016, so I'm guessing that was more of a factor. :grin:
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beechwood Boy, Corpaboy, Kairdiff Exile, mad norm, rncfc and 48 guests

Powered by phpBB ®