Re: Hayes

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:1 year deal but no appearance trigger,that way he can play a full season and then decide about extension.
I agree. I think this extension trigger is of benefit to no one other than players (and their agents) well into their thirties..
Surely an extension trigger is in the hands of the manager who decides how many games a player is selected for.

Cornish Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:1 year deal but no appearance trigger,that way he can play a full season and then decide about extension.
I agree. I think this extension trigger is of benefit to no one other than players (and their agents) well into their thirties..
Surely an extension trigger is in the hands of the manager who decides how many games a player is selected for.
No the manager pulls the trigger, the extension is agreed by whoever negotiates the contract. You will recall after lotto stopped putting in the cash certain players, if memory serves Michael Flynn included, were no longer selected. It appears even the selection of the team/pulling the trigger was taken away from the manager.

These trigger contracts are bad news.Jazzi was only here this season because of his trigger contract.MF didn't want him and it wasted a wage for us plus wasting a year of Jazzi's career.Rigg suddenly had hip flexor strains as he got near his target.I would prefer Hayes to play all next season rather than be left out from January because MF thinks he might be too old for another year extension.

This age thing is getting boring Akinfenwa, Stead, Ellison and Hayes in League 2 will get in any line up in The league and like a fine wine get better with age.
Of course give him a new contract shown he can score create and cause defences problems.
Between Nouble and Hayes who would you want to sign on the dotted line ? No brainer.

somerton moss wrote:This age thing is getting boring Akinfenwa, Stead, Ellison and Hayes in League 2 will get in any line up in The league and like a fine wine get better with age.
Of course give him a new contract shown he can score create and cause defences problems.
Between Nouble and Hayes who would you want to sign on the dotted line ? No brainer.
After seeing them perform yesterday-sign both.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Yes.

On my limited watching of County this season he may be a solution to a problem I think we have.

Put simply he is a target man who the less physically imposing Amond can play off.

For the sake of completeness, Nouble is not a target man, he is useless in the air. Neither is Frank a goal scorer, he won't get more than six or seven in a season. But in his defence Frank holds the ball up well. Ashurst often used Tommy Tynan in that role. Now I'm not suggesting that Frank is in Tynan's league, as Tommy was the master of holding the ball up and could score. But Frank as a holding forward might perhaps do a good job for us.

Two final points. I will of course defer to those who understand football and have seen County this year far more often than I have. Secondly I will never alter my view that had he had pace Tommy Tynan would be remembered now as one of the greatest footballers of the 70's and 80's. Kenny Dalglish is perhaps the closest comparison. For those of you below the age of 45 he really was that good.
Brendan ..... Tynan was very good .

But ......
Comparing him to Dalglish ???? ..... come on ..

Corpaboy wrote:

On my limited watching of County this season he may be a solution to a problem I think we have.

Put simply he is a target man who the less physically imposing Amond can play off.

For the sake of completeness, Nouble is not a target man, he is useless in the air. Neither is Frank a goal scorer, he won't get more than six or seven in a season. But in his defence Frank holds the ball up well. Ashurst often used Tommy Tynan in that role. Now I'm not suggesting that Frank is in Tynan's league, as Tommy was the master of holding the ball up and could score. But Frank as a holding forward might perhaps do a good job for us.

Two final points. I will of course defer to those who understand football and have seen County this year far more often than I have. Secondly I will never alter my view that had he had pace Tommy Tynan would be remembered now as one of the greatest footballers of the 70's and 80's. Kenny Dalglish is perhaps the closest comparison. For those of you below the age of 45 he really was that good.

But ......
Kenny can't drive taxis !!!

G Guest wrote:Don't get too exited. Hayes has scored 4 goals in two starts but that is not typical of his career.For instance in 101 appearances for Wycombe he scored only 19 goals. I suggest that even big Frank could manage 19 goals in 2 and a half seasons.

I'm not knocking him, he is clearly a good player and looks worth retaining.
Has he "officially" been given the hat trick against the Veggies , or has he just claimed it himself ???

somerton moss wrote:This age thing is getting boring Akinfenwa, Stead, Ellison and Hayes in League 2 will get in any line up in The league and like a fine wine get better with age.
Both !

Justanordinaryfan wrote:It’s a funny ole game ..... people have spent months an here venting their opinion on wanting Nouble gone, now after a small cameo role yesterday, some seem to think he’s earned a new contract??
Reminiscent of the Jackson "holding it at the corner flag" discussion last year. Pity he hasn't done it more regularly through the season otherwise I might have agreed.

Corpaboy wrote:

But ......
Had Tynan had pace yes, He is I think the fifth highest scorer in the history of League football. With pace he would have produced in the first tier.

That is my view. It is no more and no less than my opinion.

Mr Figo wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:It’s a funny ole game ..... people have spent months an here venting their opinion on wanting Nouble gone, now after a small cameo role yesterday, some seem to think he’s earned a new contract??
Reminiscent of the Jackson "holding it at the corner flag" discussion last year. Pity he hasn't done it more regularly through the season otherwise I might have agreed.
Not me.
Hope Frank stays.
Sure Marlon will go due to lack of playing time clearly due to the long injury.
Love this forum when the subs come out and get all the blame for the rest having a mediocre performance virtually every time.
Its all the bench's fault.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:

Simply Yes or No Stan :-)

First paragraph of my post above.

'Yes.'. :)
'Yes' but not 'Simply' Yes