Re: consider yourselves told !

Why should whoever MF has aimed his comments at feel as though they have been told ?
Football is a fickle business , MF needs to realise he needs to take the rough with the smooth and not ' gloat' because a result went his and the clubs way...He is only a poor run of 7/8 games away from the sack in today's modern game. The very fans he may be having a go at are the ones who pay his wages and as long as they don't overstep the boundaries are entitled to criticise.IMO
I can't see many posts , if any calling for his head or saying that the players have 'downed tools and are ' on the beach'....…Yes there are posts , I have posted some as well criticising his management and the teams performance.when they need to be criticised . Are we not allowed to criticise him because he doesn't agree with it ????
Sorry Michael , your quick enough taking the plaudits when things are going well and if you want a career in Football Management you had better learn to grow a thick skin and accept criticism when they don't...

Headline a bit more dramatic than the story.

I don't recall anyone saying the team were taking it easy 'til the end of the season. Yes seven League games without a win is a win less run and I suppose people would find that negative. Further I'm sure that you are correct in that you didn't tell the team to sit back. Just as I'm sure you didn't tell the team to lose 5-0 at Mansfield. Your job though is to stop it happening.

That said having seen the Argus headline I thought you were about to vent. In fairness you didn't. It was Kipling who wrote of the twin impostors, you should read the entire poem but as you may be busy 'If you can meet with triumph and disaster. And treat those two impostors just the same.......' 'You're a better man....'

In short you chose to be a football manager. I'd get used to a bit of criticism if I were you. :grin:

neilcork68 wrote:Why should whoever MF has aimed his comments at feel as though they have been told ?
Football is a fickle business , MF needs to realise he needs to take the rough with the smooth and not ' gloat' because a result went his and the clubs way...He is only a poor run of 7/8 games away from the sack in today's modern game. The very fans he may be having a go at are the ones who pay his wages and as long as they don't overstep the boundaries are entitled to criticise.IMO
I can't see many posts , if any calling for his head or saying that the players have 'downed tools and are ' on the beach'....…Yes there are posts , I have posted some as well criticising his management and the teams performance.when they need to be criticised . Are we not allowed to criticise him because he doesn't agree with it ????
Sorry Michael , your quick enough taking the plaudits when things are going well and if you want a career in Football Management you had better learn to grow a thick skin and accept criticism when they don't...

Tell me why should Mike Flynn accept criticism if he does not feel it is warranted? Surely he has as much right to answer his critics as the likes of you have to criticise. Given that we are 5 points off the play offs with one of the lowest budgets , he has every right to have his say in my opinion.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Why should whoever MF has aimed his comments at feel as though they have been told ?

Tell me why should Mike Flynn accept criticism if he does not feel it is warranted? Surely he has as much right to answer his critics as the likes of you have to criticise. Given that we are 5 points off the play offs with one of the lowest budgets , he has every right to have his say in my opinion.
I don't see where Neil has said that Michael Flynn doesn't have the right to express his views, just that he disagrees with what Flynn has said.

I think you talk unmitigated rubbish, but I will defend your right to say it.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:

I don't see where Neil has said that Michael Flynn doesn't have the right to express his views, just that he disagrees with what Flynn has said.

I think you talk unmitigated rubbish, but I will defend your right to say it.
Perhaps if people listened to what Flynn actually said it might stop themselves making complete idiots of themselves on a message board.
The phrase "not ' gloat' because a result went his and the clubs way..." [SIC] sounds more like the words of someone supporting our arch rivals. As a County supporter, the well deserved result went my way as well.

xisle wrote:a couple of guilty consciences lashing out there?

Why has anyone got a guilty conscience and who is lashing out ?

We are saying that everyone has the right to criticise the manager / team if they feel they aren't doing the job to the best of their ability. Just as MF has the right to agree or disagree with anything that's posted against him.
He is gloating because of the positives result. Would he still be so happy to criticise the same fans if he were to lose 7/8 games in a row and possibly be staring down the barrel of a gun ?

xisle wrote:a couple of guilty consciences lashing out there?
My comments regarding Michael Flynn summed up in two sentences. He is a young inexperienced manager going through a difficult spell. It is to be hoped that he will learn from this experience, time will tell.

I would love to know what it is you think I should have a guilty conscience about. My own view is that whilst I am County through and through, whilst I want the best for our club, licking anybody's @rse is not for me and it doesn't, in any event, do any good.

Alan G Bryant wrote:

If it upsets him that much don't read social media or forums where people might have a different opinion to you that you may not like

Simple really isn't it

Amberexile wrote:
Perhaps if people listened to what Flynn actually said it might stop themselves making complete idiots of themselves on a message board.
The phrase "not ' gloat' because a result went his and the clubs way..." [SIC] sounds more like the words of someone supporting our arch rivals. As a County supporter, the well deserved result went my way as well.

Paul,

Just a little point.

I did not use the word gloat. I did read what Flynn said. I answered the points Flynn did raise and pointed out that unlike the headline in the Argus what Flynn had said was not a rant. By quoting a later post of mine and writing 'Perhaps if people listened to what Flynn actually said it might stop themselves making complete idiots of themselves on a message board.' you will I assure you have people believing that I have said things I have not in fact said.

Regards,

Bren

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:

Paul,

Just a little point.

I did not use the word gloat. I did read what Flynn said. I answered the points Flynn did raise and pointed out that unlike the headline in the Argus what Flynn had said was not a rant. By quoting a later post of mine and writing 'Perhaps if people listened to what Flynn actually said it might stop themselves making complete idiots of themselves on a message board.' you will I assure you have people believing that I have said things I have not in fact said.

Regards,

Bren
Brendan,

A slightly bigger point.

You have quoted me out of context, in my replied I included the post from Neil where he did use the word gloat giving everybody the opportunity to see where the word was used and by whom. My response was clearly to everything copied within it, referring to people (i.e. in the plural). In editing my response, you have distorted that although I believe that is most likely down to the restrictions of the message board rather than any malice on your part.

Secondly, I deliberately used the word listened (not read) in my post. If you listen to the interview rather than reading what the Argus select to tell you, you may have a different and more informed point of view.

Hope that clears it up for you.