Re: board member resignation

theale wrote:Rats will sink together if he fails to resign.its the king rat that's the problem though.
I could hardly be accused of being Gavin's greatest fan. However I have never seen anything to make me believe that he is corrupt. I also believe that if there are serious allegations about anyone then it is unfair to hint at those concerns.

Only my view Theale but I think that you ought to either come right out and say what you allege Gavin to have done or hold your own counsel on the matter.

theale wrote:I will refrain from further comment on the matter Stan,let people do there own homework and make there own conclusions.
Unfortunately or fortunately whatever way you want to look at it the mud slinging without any hard evidence has muddied the water on what people are to believe on the matter.

Quite ironic that you jump ship like the "rats" you are calling members of the board without answering simple requests of evidence from fellow members on here.

theale wrote:Allegations check your dictionary hope you are about at the meeting,white feather you are one person I would never debate with as your an oddiment
Oh how ironic you use the word dictionary then use a word like oddiment that isn't in the dictionary.

Check out the word debate before you go to the meeting as I fear your definition is way off the mark from the actual definition.

Willthiswork wrote:Please DO NOT put any allegations on this message board. We don't want another thread to disappear.
Really interesting. I don't suggest that Theale does not put allegations on this board. Quite the reverse. What I am saying is that it is unfair to insinuate but not put allegations squarely.

It is also important not to confuse legitimate questions with allegations.

We know a number of staff have left Newport County and that litigation has followed. We do not know the outcome of that litigation. We know that parents have handled over large sums of cash for football kits which have never been delivered. To ask for the truth of these matters is perfectly fair. That the chairman of Newport County AFC refuses to turn up for public meetings is a legitimate matter of concern and comment.

What in my view is unfair is to hint at matters and leave it at that. There may be perfectly adequate explanation to the staff turnover or the non availability of the kit. It is a matter for Gavin if he wishes to turn up to answer those and give answers to those questions. If he does so people must draw their own conclusions. If he does not then people are free to draw their own conclusions about that.

Also a number of meetings have been ended prematurely when difficult questions were posed. Again if this happens people are entitled to draw an inference.

However Gavin Foxall has one right which applies to all of us. As chairman of Newport County he should answer directly any questions posed to the running of our club. He does not have to answer any questions that are not posed but merely hinted at.

Spiderman wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:Please DO NOT put any allegations on this message board. We don't want another thread to disappear.
Why not just ban him or them
Well when you disagree with someone you can argue and reason with them and put alternative points of view. Those that follow these arguments can then make up their own minds on who to believe.

Or you can simply silence those who disagree.

I prefer the former, Spider-Man it seems prefers the latter.