Re: Disgusting

DT1892 wrote:Considering they kept Kirsty Gallagher on after she was found guilty of drink driving, I'd imagine his job is safe.
Although Andy Grey went for sexist comments.

This is not an endorsement of making sexist comments by the way, merely my view that getting drunk and driving sometimes leads to innocent people getting killed. Which is worse. And to be clear spitting is vile and disgusting but kicking someone senseless is worse.

What Jaimie Carragher did was disgusting and vile. A moment of madness when the red mist descended. There but for the grace of God, and all that.......To me he seems like a decent bloke who has done something awful that he probably would have regretted almost immediately. 'Oh sh**, what have I just done' and all that.

He has apologised. He has been suspended, he is getting deserved flack from most sections of the media for what he did. However, I don't think anything can compare to the probable shame and embarrassment that he is feeling right now explaining things to his wife and daughter.

pembsexile wrote:What Jaimie Carragher did was disgusting and vile. A moment of madness when the red mist descended. There but for the grace of God, and all that.......To me he seems like a decent bloke who has done something awful that he probably would have regretted almost immediately. 'Oh sh**, what have I just done' and all that.

He has apologised. He has been suspended, he is getting deserved flack from most sections of the media for what he did. However, I don't think anything can compare to the probable shame and embarrassment that he is feeling right now explaining things to his wife and daughter.

Still needs to be sacked though...not suspended....

neilcork68 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:He's apologized, the father is happy and doesn't want him sacked. Should be given a second chance Imo.

Each to there own.
If it were my kid he did it too I would want him sacked from such a high profile position.
#disgusting

You, like me, i imagine, wouldn't use our mobiles filming whilst driving, especially with your children in the car (who are asking you to stop too) endangering their safety, whilst goading another road user.
Yes its disgusting, yes he should be punished but the fathers actions were piss poor too.
Last edited by Exile 1976 on March 13th, 2018, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
DT1892 wrote:Considering they kept Kirsty Gallagher on after she was found guilty of drink driving, I'd imagine his job is safe.
Although Andy Grey went for sexist comments.

This is not an endorsement of making sexist comments by the way, merely my view that getting drunk and driving sometimes leads to innocent people getting killed. Which is worse. And to be clear spitting is vile and disgusting but kicking someone senseless is worse.
He did tbf, but after years of comments and complaints. Rather than a single incident. You could argue that this Carragher incident is out of character, I doubt anyone could argue the same for Gray's sexism.

Exile 1976 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:He's apologized, the father is happy and doesn't want him sacked. Should be given a second chance Imo.

Each to there own.
If it were my kid he did it too I would want him sacked from such a high profile position.
#disgusting

You, like me, i imagine, wouldn't use our mobiles filming whilst driving, especially with your children in the car (who are asking you to stop too) endangering their safety, whilst goading another road user.
Yes its disgusting, yes he should be punished but the fathers actions were piss poor too.
I have seen photos and dealt with the aftermath of what can happen when people drive in the manner that girls dad drove. I suspect there are people on here who work in the emergency services who have had to deal with the real thing.

For all the hyperbole on here nobody dies, nobody gets hurt. You are absolutely right in what you say I just hope that we all can get some sense of perspective.

Jamie Carragher's behaviour was disgusting, the father's behaviour was worse.

Exile 1976 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:

Each to there own.
#disgusting

Yes I agree , I hope the police look into it and charge the dad for using his phone whilst driving........
I agree with everything you say but we as a society have a problem because the vast majority of people cant function without their mobile phone. As a professional driver you should see some of the things I see on the road what people do whist driving

JonD wrote:Spitting like that takes a degree of practise. I’d have gobbed 90% of that down the inside of my car door.

He had a good clear out didn't he..........The poor kid must have thought she had been hit by a Tsunami of gob.
4-5ft away going at 15-20mph .....fecking good aim to get the gob through the open window if you ask me....pity he couldn't be that accurate when he took a penalty at the Euros 2004 and missed