Re: Saturdays Team

Day
Pipe White Demetriou Butler

Osadebe Labadie Tozer Dolan

Amond Hayes

I have put in Osadebe over Sheehan because he is quicker more powerful and direct. Judging him after playing 20 minutes as sub. when it was back against the wall against FGR and the other players were out for the count is not a good judgement call give him a start and see what he can really do.

somerton moss wrote:Day
Pipe White Demetriou Butler

Osadebe Labadie Tozer Dolan

Amond Hayes

I have put in Osadebe over Sheehan because he is quicker more powerful and direct. Judging him after playing 20 minutes as sub. when it was back against the wall against FGR and the other players were out for the count is not a good judgement call give him a start and see what he can really do.
With that lineup, you've highlighted the exact problem with the team - lots of central midfielders but not enough wingers/ wide players. We are crying out for some width.

neilcork68 wrote: Newcastle got rid of MITROVIC on loan to Fulham because Rafael Benitez said he was ''a crap trainer and didnt deserve his place in the squad''
He is ripping it up in the Championship
Hilarious. So he's not good enough for the Premier League but doing well in the Championship? Well, that certainly proves your point. :lol:

SJG99 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote: Newcastle got rid of MITROVIC on loan to Fulham because Rafael Benitez said he was ''a crap trainer and didnt deserve his place in the squad''
He is ripping it up in the Championship
Hilarious. So he's not good enough for the Premier League but doing well in the Championship? Well, that certainly proves your point. :lol:

How do you know what he can perform like in the Premier League if Benitez wont give him a prolonged run in the side because he is a crap trainer ?
According to Flynn, Jackson is good in training and thats why he makes the matchday squad. Anybody with eyes and knowledge of football have witnessed that he is no where near League 2 standard and has been crap every game he has managed to get on the pitch.

It appears from the above that you think Flynny does not have any knowledge of football including his 2 aids as well then as "Anybody" would know Jackson is not league 2 standard.
Appreciate that you do appear to have a wealth of knowledge yourself of course.
Regarding Marlon Jackson I would agree under the likes of Feeney he was truly woeful but I blame clueless managers.
Correct me if I am wrong but I think since Flynny took over the fella has come onto the pitch 5 times and apart from FGR has played well the little time he has been given.
It is a worry that you do appear to be stalking the fella at every opportunity blaming him for all the woes we have suffered despite hardly getting a kick.
May I humbly suggest you pick on somebody who is actually playing currently on a regular basis., if you need to have a moan.

Harps62 wrote:Seems so long ago now
But apart from the odd goal what forwards if any were prolific under both of them
Struggling a bit here
Before you start Marlon was awful in those days for sure

Not sure I said prolific, I'll read it again ..... no, I didn't say prolific ... but Rhys Healey, Ryan Bird, Jon Parkin, Aaron Williams all scored League goals under those two managers, (as did Rigg, even though not wanted by Flynn scored 5 of his 6 goals for us under them) all have played less games than Jackson... Even Jaanai Gordon and Jennison Myrie-Williams scored a goal under Westley but not Flynn
Edit:- Also, Jackson, despite you saying he's been a 'revelation' under Flynn, has still to score a goal under him

As a post going round on Twitter and FB states ...

'Since Marlon Jackson last scored .... Josh Sheehan has joined on loan, became our joint top scorer, been out injured for 10 months, joined permanently and scored on Saturday" .... sums up Jacko's time with us i'm afraid.

Think in all fairness nobody imo can say since Flynny became manager he has been awful possibly due to being injured for 95% of his time under Mike.
Cannot argue that he was hopeless under the other 2 but of course they were hopeless also.
Would like to see him get 90 minutes under Flynny especially if we have nothing to play for as of course he is down the pecking order quite correctly.
Then and only then would I be happy to agree or beg to differ.

Harps62 wrote:Think in all fairness nobody imo can say since Flynny became manager he has been awful possibly due to being injured for 95% of his time under Mike.
Cannot argue that he was hopeless under the other 2 but of course they were hopeless also.
Would like to see him get 90 minutes under Flynny especially if we have nothing to play for as of course he is down the pecking order quite correctly.
Then and only then would I be happy to agree or beg to differ.

Under Flynn he was awful against FGR, he has played ok in a couple and good in a further couple of other cameo's.
To me we have far better than him at the club and would not look at giving him any more minutes, let alone 90, and rather give Touray a run out. The other two managers may have been awful as you say, but plenty of other players scored goals under them

neilcork68 wrote: How do you know what he can perform like in the Premier League if Benitez wont give him a prolonged run in the side because he is a crap trainer ?
Apart from the fact Mitrovic has played 65 matches for Newcastle, including an entire season in the Premier League when they got relegated in 2015/16? Benitez has been managing him since March 2016, so I'm guessing that was more of a factor. :grin: