Re: board member resignation

Stan A. Einstein wrote:If the deceased if a close relative or very close friend then delay the meeting. That would be respectful and allow Gavin to answer the questions many people have.

If the deceased person is known to Gavin but isn't close I doubt very much that the funeral will be taking place in the dark.
Was thinking 100% the same.

Harps62 wrote:
Kevin Ward wrote:The chairman of the Trust is Shaun Johnson. He will be there on Thursday.

Gavin is still the figurehead for this club Kevin.
Forget the AGM he needs to be there to answer any questions so clearly it needed postponing again at least the supporters part as his attendance was required.
Who would complain at a postponement for a valid reason?.
The AGM of the Trusts and Club are separate events, as Shaun is the Chair of the Trust and will be present, it is perfectly acceptable for Gavin to not be there and to suggest differently is to demean the status of the role of the Trust Chair. Colin

Are we really debating whether or not Mr Foxall should be going to a funeral. It doesn’t matter if it’s close family or friends on days like that support is always welcomed by the individual that has lost someone.

Sometimes and we all need to understand this is that there is more to life than football/Newport County.

If the meeting needs to be arranged then the club will surely do it. If they feel it should go ahead without Mr Foxall then so be it. Unfortunately funerals can’t be arranged. Just think about that for a while.

UTC

White Magic wrote:Are we really debating whether or not Mr Foxall should be going to a funeral. It doesn’t matter if it’s close family or friends on days like that support is always welcomed by the individual that has lost someone.

Sometimes and we all need to understand this is that there is more to life than football/Newport County.

If the meeting needs to be arranged then the club will surely do it. If they feel it should go ahead without Mr Foxall then so be it. Unfortunately funerals can’t be arranged. Just think about that for a while.

UTC
Another idiot totally missing the point. We rearranged the last meeting with one days notice. Why can't this one be rearranged? What's all this we don't need the actual person in charge to speak to the people who actually put him there?

jonescmj1 wrote:
Harps62 wrote:
Kevin Ward wrote:The chairman of the Trust is Shaun Johnson. He will be there on Thursday.

Forget the AGM he needs to be there to answer any questions so clearly it needed postponing again at least the supporters part as his attendance was required.
The AGM of the Trusts and Club are separate events, as Shaun is the Chair of the Trust and will be present, it is perfectly acceptable for Gavin to not be there and to suggest differently is to demean the status of the role of the Trust Chair. Colin
Forget the trust AGM.
You have missed the point.
Most contributors will be going to the Open meeting for everyone at 7.30 forget the AGM which is only taking 30 minutes to complete.
Whether you like it or not, fans want to ask our Chairman questions again and he will not be around.
I am currently grieving and if it is a family or close friend of course he should be there albeit as Stan states the funeral will be long over.
It may be a long way from Newport no idea.
Regardless even now it should be postponed as that's not a problem.
Assume it was somebody representing Gavin who has informed us as he was a new poster but would any of us known tomorrow night until we turned up.
If he does make the final meeting it will be nearly a year since he turned up to talk with supporters of the club.
Sure most of the board read this board certainly our CEO does.
Just postpone it simple.
Why give people the opportunity to give the fella more grief as it could easily be avoided.

jonescmj1 wrote:
Harps62 wrote:

Charlie Hopkins, who you reliably informed me knew what he was about and was a proper lawyer left the club because he couldn't work alongside the present regime. Shaun can answer for his part in the whys and wherefores of this, if any. He can't answer for Gavin.

Also Shaun is second in command. The allegations raised of a culture of bullying, of staff taking the club to employment tribunals, of decisions being made by Gavin without the approval or knowledge of other directors are matters for Gavin, not his number two. The idea that Gavin Foxall is not in charge is risible. The idea that Shaun is demeaned is nonsense.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
White Magic wrote:Are we really debating whether or not Mr Foxall should be going to a funeral.

UTC

No. We are debating whether Gavin needs to be at the meeting. If the deceased is close to Gavin then postpone the meeting. If not there's no problem, funerals take place in the day the meeting is at night.
hi. Stan. I don't know anything about the supposed funeral. if there is a funeral though, what if the funeral was in Scotland? he would be able to make it would he?

unless you know different?

Jimmy Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
White Magic wrote:Are we really debating whether or not Mr Foxall should be going to a funeral.

UTC

No. We are debating whether Gavin needs to be at the meeting. If the deceased is close to Gavin then postpone the meeting. If not there's no problem, funerals take place in the day the meeting is at night.
hi. Stan. I don't know anything about the supposed funeral. if there is a funeral though, what if the funeral was in Scotland? he would be able to make it would he?

unless you know different?
If the funeral is in Scotland postpone the meeting. In fact if there is any reason why Gavin can't attend postpone the meeting. If the serious accusations had been made about me I would welcome the chance to answer those critics. I hope and trust Gavin feels the same.

Thankfully back up.

This thread is important.

No decent human being would ever question the right of any individual to pay their final respects to any other person. That must come above all else. It is not disputed by any poster on here.

That is not to be confused with a totally different issue. Some supporters, shareholders and trust members have concerns over the leadership of Gavin Foxall. In short that his style of leadership is one where he makes decisions without consultation, where he has behaved in a way which has caused members of staff to leave and commence and conclude litigation against the club, and where fellow directors have left because they are unable to work with him.

If, for whatever reason, Gavin is indisposed on Thursday, surely it is only right that he face his critics on another date. As things stand accusations have been made, if they were made about me I would want to confront my critics.