Jackorais - RE Harps 62

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Jackorais - RE Harps 62

Postby neilcork68 » March 27th, 2018, 1:08 pm

As I am one of the main reasons why Harps62 probably made another account to try and prove his points against me and the amount of 'abuse/negative comments ' aimed at my responses I make a heartfelt plea for his account to be reinstated by the moderates because it's probably killing him missing out on not posting on here recently.

I know he broke the rules but I am big enough and ugly enough ( well that's not strictly true as someone who did modelling as a youngster into my early twenties - I am certainly not ugly :wink: :lol: ) to forgive him as his posts mean nothing to me and any abuse off him or others are like water off a ducks back to me...
Come on 'Jack' for the sanity of the man.......Unblock his account and let him back on.....I actually do miss the old sod :wink:

Neil
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Jackorais - RE Harps 62

Postby pembsexile » March 27th, 2018, 6:41 pm

Well said Neil. I would like to see Harps back on here. Didn't always agree with him (and told him so) but he always had the County at heart. I enjoyed his posts anyway. I can't even contact him any more to see how he is getting on with his coin collection! :grin:

Now the negative bit. Don't build your hopes up. I made a plea to Admin several years ago for the reinstatement on Ncfc67. I was responsible for starting a post that he commented on. He got banned. The post to Admin remains unopened in my outbox which I think is a disgrace (big time). Admin are quick to point out the rules on here, but in my experience, don't respond to queries. The words aloof and unreasonable spring to mind. Shame, damn shame.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » March 27th, 2018, 10:12 pm

I wondered why there was no MOM this week,not that anyone deserved a vote.What did he say that was so awful.
no avatar
User

The Newport

Postby The Newport » March 28th, 2018, 4:58 am

neilcork68 wrote:As I am one of the main reasons why Harps62 probably made another account to try and prove his points against me and the amount of 'abuse/negative comments ' aimed at my responses I make a heartfelt plea for his account to be reinstated by the moderates because it's probably killing him missing out on not posting on here recently.

I know he broke the rules but I am big enough and ugly enough ( well that's not strictly true as someone who did modelling as a youngster into my early twenties - I am certainly not ugly :wink: :lol: ) to forgive him as his posts mean nothing to me and any abuse off him or others are like water off a ducks back to me...
Come on 'Jack' for the sanity of the man.......Unblock his account and let him back on.....I actually do miss the old sod :wink:

Neil

Do you really think he is going to listen to you?
You're living on a different planet.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » March 28th, 2018, 6:29 am

Percy plunkett wrote:I wondered why there was no MOM this week,not that anyone deserved a vote.What did he say that was so awful.

It wasn't that he said anything awful. I think it was the fact that due to certain circumstances, he owned up to having one other account. Heaven forbid that anyone else should do it.

I would like to see a general amnesty for this type of behaviour. If you make racist or homophobic comments, suggest violence etc then you should be rightly banned, but for different accounts, hm.
no avatar
User

Taunton Iron Cider

Taunton

Postby Taunton Iron Cider » March 28th, 2018, 6:48 am

I don't think that Harps is the only thing to have been hit by unacceptable censorship, where has Stan's serialisation of the Redwood diaries gone? Indeed, he is also conspicuous by his unusual absence.
User

Tony Soprano

np2o

Postby Tony Soprano » March 28th, 2018, 8:52 am

What ever happened to " freedom of speech? "
Seems to me this forum is being moderated by the Gestapo, say anything that doesn't agree with the powers that be & you're gone!!

Just a little reminder to the Gestapo, it's an UNOFFICIAL message board!!
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » March 28th, 2018, 9:04 am

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:I don't think that Harps is the only thing to have been hit by unacceptable censorship, where has Stan's serialisation of the Redwood diaries gone? Indeed, he is also conspicuous by his unusual absence.

It's been moved to the 'Everything Else' section for some reason.
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » March 28th, 2018, 9:17 am

I think Mods have a difficult job in this politically correct day and age..

Massive great diatribes about behind the scenes comings ,goings and who is nice and who is not do tend to detract from the main board.."Football natter and chatter"
Maybe the main board should be titled On the pitch and everything else Off the pitch
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » March 28th, 2018, 9:28 am

mad norm wrote:I think Mods have a difficult job in this politically correct day and age..

Massive great diatribes about behind the scenes comings ,goings and who is nice and who is not do tend to detract from the main board.."Football natter and chatter"
Maybe the main board should be titled On the pitch and everything else Off the pitch

That's a great idea Norm time for Jack to have another poll we did it when we went all football not just Newport County
no avatar
User

Chris K

Postby Chris K » March 28th, 2018, 9:48 am

Where is Stan also.
Having followed the news on here for many months, whether you like or dislike he sure keeps this board ticking over.
Surely he is not also banned?
With the CEO resigning I would of thought that he would be straight on here with some comments.
no avatar
User

whoareya

Postby whoareya » March 28th, 2018, 9:52 am

UPTHEPORT wrote:
mad norm wrote:I think Mods have a difficult job in this politically correct day and age..

That's a great idea Norm time for Jack to have another poll we did it when we went all football not just Newport County

Agreed, other club forums do that and it seems to make the 'off the pitch' or 'all forums' section more popular. For some reason it works the opposite way on here.

All that's needed is to drop the 'Else' from Everything Else and then have the Football forum filtered out for people who only want to discuss/argue/bitch about football.

Having said that, other football forums are far more 'lively' than this one - an awful lot of posters would be permanently offended on other forums.....
no avatar
User

whoareya

Postby whoareya » March 28th, 2018, 10:02 am

pembsexile wrote:Well said Neil. I would like to see Harps back on here. Didn't always agree with him (and told him so) but he always had the County at heart. I enjoyed his posts anyway. I can't even contact him any more to see how he is getting on with his coin collection! :grin:

Now the negative bit. Don't build your hopes up. I made a plea to Admin several years ago for the reinstatement on Ncfc67. I was responsible for starting a post that he commented on. He got banned. The post to Admin remains unopened in my outbox which I think is a disgrace (big time). Admin are quick to point out the rules on here, but in my experience, don't respond to queries. The words aloof and unreasonable spring to mind. Shame, damn shame.

Disagree with you - he was regularly getting moderators to delete posts he didn't like and then had the front to deny he had another ID. You can't go squealing to moderators and then expect special treatment.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Postby neilcork68 » March 28th, 2018, 11:13 am

whoareya wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Well said Neil. I would like to see Harps back on here. Didn't always agree with him (and told him so) but he always had the County at heart. I enjoyed his posts anyway. I can't even contact him any more to see how he is getting on with his coin collection! :grin:

Disagree with you - he was regularly getting moderators to delete posts he didn't like and then had the front to deny he had another ID. You can't go squealing to moderators and then expect special treatment.

yeah but it was great pushing him to 'the edge' and watch him slither away trying to think of a reply :wink: :lol:

no seriously I bet its killing him not posting on here
no avatar
User

DT1892

Postby DT1892 » March 28th, 2018, 12:17 pm

Cries of 'freedom of speech' and 'political correctness' on an internet messageboard.. :lol:

Whoever owns this place can do whatever they like, they don't have to host any conversation they don't want. That's the way these things work. Don't like it, start up your own one. If enough people agree with you, you'll have the messageboard you want in no time.

As for harps, is it a permanent ban or a temporary one? A short ban for multiple accounts is fair enough, but a permanent one seems a little harsh - unless it's been a persistent problem. But as I said, I don't make the rules.
Next