Re: Cardiff miss 2 pens in injurytime

aberexile wrote:Don't get the anti-Cardiff thing. A bit naive if you ask me. Like England when they play Germany. We are no rivals to Cardiff and England were rivals to Germany once, in 1966. Time to embrace our neighbours I say, and the players we'll get off them on loan!!
There's nothing stopping them loaning us players, they have done many times and those players get our full backing.

Well I went there tonight. Never been to the new stadium. I have to say that I was impressed.

I was impressed at the organisation and the sheer number of fans. Pre booked tickets were easy to collect. All the staff I met were courteous. Food and drink prices were impressive (for the wrong reasons!). It was a decent game of football. 29000 crowd.

2 teams that are likely to be in the Premier League next year, were heading for a 0-0, as neither side wanted to lose. A good free kick won the game, but Cardiff had gone close. 2 penalties in injury time is not seen very often, neither of which could be put away.

We have not been proper rivals since the 1980s. The atmosphere there tonight was like our home games against Leeds and Spurs this season. Imagine if it was like that at RP every home game.

The poster above is correct. We should embrace them, as they are likely to be a 'top league' club again, they could certainly help us in many ways.

Don't get me wrong, I won't be making it a habit and some of the time I got confused as one club's kit reminded me of our team in the 70/80s. But if you get the chance to visit, you might just be pleasantly surprised.

countyareup wrote:Well I went there tonight. Never been to the new stadium. I have to say that I was impressed.

I was impressed at the organisation and the sheer number of fans. Pre booked tickets were easy to collect. All the staff I met were courteous. Food and drink prices were impressive (for the wrong reasons!). It was a decent game of football. 29000 crowd.

2 teams that are likely to be in the Premier League next year, were heading for a 0-0, as neither side wanted to lose. A good free kick won the game, but Cardiff had gone close. 2 penalties in injury time is not seen very often, neither of which could be put away.

We have not been proper rivals since the 1980s. The atmosphere there tonight was like our home games against Leeds and Spurs this season. Imagine if it was like that at RP every home game.

The poster above is correct. We should embrace them, as they are likely to be a 'top league' club again, they could certainly help us in many ways.

Don't get me wrong, I won't be making it a habit and some of the time I got confused as one club's kit reminded me of our team in the 70/80s. But if you get the chance to visit, you might just be pleasantly surprised.

If I was you i would bleach my eye's asap