Re: Transfer targets

newgroundrodney wrote:Sometimes it's nice to be completely biased and blinkered.... plastic sunglasses with blu & white hoops across the lenses. I actually HAVE a pair somewhere! :grin:

Admittedly he was certainly a lot better than that other superstar player we had on loan from QPR, Tyler Blackwood .... now playing for Swope Park Rangers in the USL. :lol: :lol:

Exile 1976 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:Sometimes it's nice to be completely biased and blinkered.... plastic sunglasses with blu & white hoops across the lenses. I actually HAVE a pair somewhere! :grin:

Admittedly he was certainly a lot better than that other superstar player we had on loan from QPR, Tyler Blackwood .... now playing for Swope Park Rangers in the USL. :lol: :lol:
I often wonder whether any of the current Newport squad could do a job at QPR, and I think if I had to start anyone tomorrow against Sheffield Weds, I think I'd start Labadie if fit, and mayb Willmott, purely because of the players around to support (but not carry) them..... also, very reluctantly, I have to say Joe Day is very much in the QPR goalkeeper mould, but he'd have more reliable defender in front of him.
That's my whole point about any transfer targets, it's about the players around you AT THE TIME....that's what makes a transfer work or fail.
Last edited by newgroundrodney on April 9th, 2018, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newgroundrodney wrote:Reece Greco-Cox for me.

Possibly the best loanee to ever play for us. Took Barnet apart playing ankle-deep in water.
Why he's not a league player I've no idea.
Currently at Woking FFS!...... I'm sure we could get him.
Very good loanee for sure but best?
A certain McBurnie may disagree really rated Conor Wilkinson also.
Barnet game he was superb despite the deluge.

Percy plunkett wrote:

Possibly the best loanee to ever play for us. Took Barnet apart playing ankle-deep in water.
Better than White,Mccoulsky,Sheehan or Healey? Your QPR heart is leading your head I think.Agree I did like him before Westley played him with his knee strapped and knackered him.Would you prefer him to Collins as that is the role where he would play.Can't see Wolves giving him a new deal so I would take Collins.I did like him though.
I would prefer him over Collins who has shown very little so far.

jollysuperstar wrote:

Very good loanee for sure but best?
A certain McBurnie may disagree really rated Conor Wilkinson also.
Barnet game he was superb despite the deluge.

I think you all forgot Darlow best loan player ever for us #endofthread :mrgreen:

Conor Wilkinson looked incredible the first 6-8 weeks,then he seemed to lose interest,something he has done regular it seems.Tommy O'sullivan impressed to start with.So much so that someone on here suggested offered £100k for him.He tailed off as well and his second spell was a waste of time.Flo Bojaj got all of 10 minutes for us yet is now playing Bulgarian first Division so what happened there.It has to be Ben White as our best loan signing.

Percy plunkett wrote:Conor Wilkinson looked incredible the first 6-8 weeks,then he seemed to lose interest,something he has done regular it seems.Tommy O'sullivan impressed to start with.So much so that someone on here suggested offered £100k for him.He tailed off as well and his second spell was a waste of time.Flo Bojaj got all of 10 minutes for us yet is now playing Bulgarian first Division so what happened there.It has to be Ben White as our best loan signing.

Disagree if it wasn't for Darlow we would have ended up in conny South that was best loan ever

Percy plunkett wrote:

Better than White,Mccoulsky,Sheehan or Healey? Your QPR heart is leading your head I think.Agree I did like him before Westley played him with his knee strapped and knackered him.Would you prefer him to Collins as that is the role where he would play.Can't see Wolves giving him a new deal so I would take Collins.I did like him though.
I'd much prefer him to Collins, agree with newground.

I would take all of these loans we have had since 2010 over Grego-Cox;

Darlow, White, Gilbey, Goodhall, Chapman, Little Jack, Jolley, Michael Smith, Minshull, Naylor, Max Porter, Kevin Feely, Day, Bennett, McBurnie,Sheehan, Pipe, Healey, Samuel, Ben Davies, Wilkinson, Macaulsky.

Darlow the best by a mile. The only one you could say is a premier league player. White and McBurnie will potentially be up there but Darlow saved us from relegation as well.