An inside perspective.

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10163

Re: An inside perspective.

Postby Stan A. Einstein » April 12th, 2018, 9:19 am

Percy plunkett wrote:6 months notice? Most of us live and work in the real world.Which professions give pay offs like that.


Percy,

I don't disagree with you. But do you blame Mr Redwood, who is simply trying to get the best deal for himself and his family or do you blame a weak board of directors?
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10163

Re: An inside perspective.

Postby Stan A. Einstein » April 12th, 2018, 9:38 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:I just love the notion of a barrister who would be so professionally reckless as to send an abusive personal electronic communication littered with the C-word to someone he has never met pontificating about moral compasses!


I really am trying not to say everything that comes into my head. My apologies. It was though many years ago and littered is a bit of an exaggeration, as I recall I only used the word once.

Back on topic, how would you have reacted in the work place had you asked for a copy of your contract only to be rebuffed?
no avatar
User

The Cat

Posts

1139

Location

Ponthir,Wales

Re: An inside perspective.

Postby The Cat » April 12th, 2018, 10:12 am

Can I ask why AR wanted a copy of his contract? Not many employees ask for one even if they're entitled.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10163

Re: An inside perspective.

Postby Stan A. Einstein » April 12th, 2018, 10:41 am

The Cat wrote:Can I ask why AR wanted a copy of his contract? Not many employees ask for one even if they're entitled.


I didn't ask Anthony. I will when I next speak to him.

However I should add this. I am not Anthony's advocate. He like you, like me has a first duty to himself and his family. The fact remains that in not giving Mr Redwood a copy of his contract, by even saying I am not giving it to you Gavin ensured County were stuffed.

Worst case scenario. Every detractor of me is right. Anthony Redwood was the employee from Hell and County are well rid of him. If that were true the management style of Gavin Foxall cost Newport County £21,000. I don't believe Anthony Redwood was the employee from Hell but if he was if anything it makes it worse.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10163

Re: An inside perspective.

Postby Stan A. Einstein » April 12th, 2018, 10:53 am

Serious question for everyone.

Is there anyone of you who would find it acceptable if in your workplace you asked for a copy of your contract of employment and were told by your boss that s/he was not going to let you have it?

Jimmy, George, whoareya? Would any one of you be prepared to accept that?
User avatar
User

Bush

Posts

7350

Re: An inside perspective.

Postby Bush » April 12th, 2018, 1:24 pm

The Cat wrote:Can I ask why AR wanted a copy of his contract? Not many employees ask for one even if they're entitled.


I asked for a copy of mine to take to my union when I wasn't happy with something I was asked to do that I felt wasn't in my contract.
no avatar
User

The Cat

Posts

1139

Location

Ponthir,Wales

Re: An inside perspective.

Postby The Cat » April 12th, 2018, 4:55 pm

Bush wrote:
The Cat wrote:Can I ask why AR wanted a copy of his contract? Not many employees ask for one even if they're entitled.


I asked for a copy of mine to take to my union when I wasn't happy with something I was asked to do that I felt wasn't in my contract.

I'm not saying it never happens or it shouldn't happen, just wondered why AR wanted to view his. It has been answered now, but I would like to hear GF's version for the whole picture.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10163

Re: An inside perspective.

Postby Stan A. Einstein » April 12th, 2018, 5:24 pm

The Cat wrote:
Bush wrote:
The Cat wrote:Can I ask why AR wanted a copy of his contract? Not many employees ask for one even if they're entitled.


I asked for a copy of mine to take to my union when I wasn't happy with something I was asked to do that I felt wasn't in my contract.

I'm not saying it never happens or it shouldn't happen, just wondered why AR wanted to view his. It has been answered now, but I would like to hear GF's version for the whole picture.


Cat,

You have Gavin's response. Perhaps when Gavin Foxall turns up to a supporters meeting we can ask him to explain.

I chose to behave unlawfully because.........

Can't wait.
no avatar
User

Jimmy Exile

Posts

339

Re: An inside perspective.

Postby Jimmy Exile » April 12th, 2018, 6:31 pm

hi. Trying to re read the email threads and what you say about bowcott, maybe they couldn't give him a contract as they thought that is was unlawfully done by bowcott and were checking it out.

either way nothing in anything you have said makes Gavin and the board look bad in fact it's the opposite and the only person who looks bad is redwood, and thank god the club got rid of him
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10163

Re: An inside perspective.

Postby Stan A. Einstein » April 12th, 2018, 6:44 pm

Jimmy Exile wrote:hi. Trying to re read the email threads and what you say about bowcott, maybe they couldn't give him a contract as they thought that is was unlawfully done by bowcott and were checking it out.

either way nothing in anything you have said makes Gavin and the board look bad in fact it's the opposite and the only person who looks bad is redwood, and thank god the club got rid of him


Hi Jimmy.

Can't you just answer a simple question? Let me try again.

If you asked your employer to see your contract of employment and s/he refused would you find that acceptable?



.
no avatar
User

Jimmy Exile

Posts

339

Re: An inside perspective.

Postby Jimmy Exile » April 12th, 2018, 8:21 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Jimmy Exile wrote:hi. Trying to re read the email threads and what you say about bowcott, maybe they couldn't give him a contract as they thought that is was unlawfully done by bowcott and were checking it out.

either way nothing in anything you have said makes Gavin and the board look bad in fact it's the opposite and the only person who looks bad is redwood, and thank god the club got rid of him


Hi Jimmy.

Can't you just answer a simple question? Let me try again.

If you asked your employer to see your contract of employment and s/he refused would you find that acceptable?



.



hi I wouldn't bother me. I've never seen my contract. people who ask for contracts normally do because they are worried about theirs job or trouble makers. your email thread doesn't prove anything really. Bearing in mind that everything you've posted is one sided and against Gavin and we haven't seen his side of the story, I still think Gavin comes out of it with credit. and that's just on hearing redwards side of the story.

that should tell all you need to know about fans making their mind up. everyone knows that redward is useless and an idiot. he has sucked you in and because of that and because of your blind hate campaign you look an idiot as well.

just my opinion which I have a right to express.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10163

Re: An inside perspective.

Postby Stan A. Einstein » April 12th, 2018, 9:13 pm

Jimmy Exile wrote:

hi I wouldn't bother me. I've never seen my contract. people who ask for contracts normally do because they are worried about theirs job or trouble makers. your email thread doesn't prove anything really. Bearing in mind that everything you've posted is one sided and against Gavin and we haven't seen his side of the story, I still think Gavin comes out of it with credit. and that's just on hearing redwards side of the story.

that should tell all you need to know about fans making their mind up. everyone knows that redward is useless and an idiot. he has sucked you in and because of that and because of your blind hate campaign you look an idiot as well.

just my opinion which I have a right to express.


Hi Jimmy,

I agree entirely with you about your having a right to express your opinion.
As for the rest of your contribution to this thread perhaps it is best that people read it and make their own minds up.

Have a very pleasant evening.
no avatar
User

The Newport

Posts

231

Gavin Foxall and Newport County

Postby The Newport » April 13th, 2018, 9:23 pm

no avatar
User

Corpaboy

Posts

3717

Re: Gavin Foxall and Newport County

Postby Corpaboy » April 14th, 2018, 12:06 am

What a completely pointless post that is !?

So . A Chairman of a League 2 Football Club , every so often , speaks to the local newspaper about what's happening at the Club he's Chairman of ??

Have you got nothing better to do than troll through old Argus stories with Gavin Foxhall's name included in them ?
no avatar
User

Threadbare

Posts

153

Re: Gavin Foxall and Newport County

Postby Threadbare » April 14th, 2018, 12:19 am

Don't understand the animosity to every chairman we have had over the last ten or so years.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exile 1976 and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB ®