Striker shortage

Flynny has stated that McClousky might not play again this season, Hayes is still injured and Jackson's hamstring is playing up again. With Nouble misfiring, a complete overhaul of our strikers is needed this summer. Time to give Toure a chance for a few games.

Re: Striker shortage

I agree to a degree but fast forward to a Saturday 0-3 down, Days gone off injured, youth team keeper drops a couple of clangers and Touray is being completely man handled (spoke to a few Merthy fans and they said he was too light weight for their league), ....... cue the foul mouth tirade they’d be subjected to.

Not for me - potentially too damaging.

League games are not for trying youngsters for match day experience ..... that’s what mid season squad friendlies and pre season friendlies are for imo.

Toure has been looked at by a few higher league teams. We generally never play them then pick up a small fee for them. Throw him in for a few games, a few decent appearances and his confidence and stock will rise. No point in developing these youngsters and never risk playing them.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:I agree to a degree but fast forward to a Saturday 0-3 down, Days gone off injured, youth team keeper drops a couple of clangers and Touray is being completely man handled (spoke to a few Merthy fans and they said he was too light weight for their league), ....... cue the foul mouth tirade they’d be subjected to.

League games are not for trying youngsters for match day experience ..... that’s what mid season squad friendlies and pre season friendlies are for imo.
If we wait for pre season games etc then we never see them play before they join a team higher up the pyramid. Crewe definitely take risks and play their youngsters.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:I agree to a degree but fast forward to a Saturday 0-3 down, Days gone off injured, youth team keeper drops a couple of clangers and Touray is being completely man handled (spoke to a few Merthy fans and they said he was too light weight for their league), ....... cue the foul mouth tirade they’d be subjected to.

When do they get their game then?

Touray is older than Poole, Collins and Foulston when they got their debuts. I highly doubt our fans would start abusing any of our academy graduates if their debut doesn't go to plan.

He’s not gonna learn at dealing with strong defenders by just playing academy games.

If he is not good enough to play he shouldn't be in the squad.

Didn’t mention Academy games ... I said mid season squad friendlies, made up of non academy fringe squad players playing against like minded opposition.

I agree that they shouldn’t be in he squad if not gonna be used, but I think that’s more an iditment of where our squad is at the mo imo.

There’s youngsters and youngsters .... I don’t see many Lge 2 clubs having youngsters plying their trade up front?

Justanordinaryfan wrote:Didn’t mention Academy games ... I said mid season squad friendlies, made up of non academy fringe squad players playing against like minded opposition.

I agree that they shouldn’t be in he squad if not gonna be used, but I think that’s more an iditment of where our squad is at the mo imo.

There’s youngsters and youngsters .... I don’t see many Lge 2 clubs having youngsters plying their trade up front?
Recently Harry McKirdy scored against us for Crewe. On loan at Crewe this season at the age of 20, just turned 21. Spent half of last season at Stevenage up front 19/20. Scott Kashkett at Wycombe too. Eisa is a little older at 22.
Last edited by SULLY34 on April 12th, 2018, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.