Re: Striker shortage

SULLY34 wrote:I'd love to see Akinde come in to partner Amond next season.
He’s more focussed on his academic studies than playing football. Main reason he hasn’t left Barnet. Be very expensive and not sure his heart would be in playing. Big fan of his but wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole.

Percy plunkett wrote:Even with three strikers missing,it is hardly a striker shortage as MF may be suggesting.Podge,Frank and Aaron still available plus Touray.No reason why he shouldn't get 10 minutes on Saturday.
Out of the three mentioned Percy he only plays one as a striker.....Amond. He plays Nouble and Collins as wingers.

Bush wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:I'd love to see Akinde come in to partner Amond next season.
He’s more focussed on his academic studies than playing football. Main reason he hasn’t left Barnet. Be very expensive and not sure his heart would be in playing. Big fan of his but wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole.
Never realised that Bush. Let's see how commited he is to playing in the Conference.

SULLY34 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Even with three strikers missing,it is hardly a striker shortage as MF may be suggesting.Podge,Frank and Aaron still available plus Touray.No reason why he shouldn't get 10 minutes on Saturday.
Out of the three mentioned Percy he only plays one as a striker.....Amond. He plays Nouble and Collins as wingers.
Collins played in a front two running the channels most of his first spell with us,that makes him a striker in my book.We all want Frank down the middle and not hugging the touch line,he might not be as poor as we think he is if he did.Eitherway,we still have four fit strikers for Saturday as they are playing up front.

Of course County have a shortage and of scoring goals.
Our tactics lately have been woeful pumping high balls to Amond who needs a step ladder to out jump the 6ft plus centre backs. Collins looks lightweight and clueless except when he played against Luton and Nouble (like Tozer wins more ball defensively) offensively does not attack the ball some people ask why is he picked on because what does he do wrong ? What does he do right ?
We need probably 3 new strikers next season especially one who is dominant in the air and a target man to assist Amond who is worth his weight in gold for his effort and work rate.
For Saturday I would play Amond and Collins through the middle shortage of class and options.

somerton moss wrote:Of course County have a shortage and of scoring goals.
Our tactics lately have been woeful pumping high balls to Amond who needs a step ladder to out jump the 6ft plus centre backs. Collins looks lightweight and clueless except when he played against Luton and Nouble (like Tozer wins more ball defensively) offensively does not attack the ball some people ask why is he picked on because what does he do wrong ? What does he do right ?
We need probably 3 new strikers next season especially one who is dominant in the air and a target man to assist Amond who is worth his weight in gold for his effort and work rate.
For Saturday I would play Amond and Collins through the middle shortage of class and options.
Couldn't put it better myself Somerton.

Post Frank's signing last summer there was a YouTube clip of his goals and assists. The majority of them came from out wide so it was no surprise to me that he graduated towards the wing. That is clearly where he wants to play and, despite being a big chap, he has rarely looked centre forward material. I can understand why people might see him as a target man in conjunction with a small striker like Amond but it's never going to happen. I believe Frank sees himself as a wide player with the ability to cut into the box.