Re: Should I Renew.

BertieB wrote:I have bought season tickets for all the past seasons and paid £250 for this season too AFTER BOOKING MY CAR TO PARK IN THE GROUND as I have done preseason every year, no mention of the WRU 20 allotted spaces maximum --I saw the first two matches and was then told to see some woman in the shop who curtly informed me that I would NOT be allowed to park at Rodney Parade NOR at Maindee school. I had purchased £200 worth of shares,. when County were begging for finance for the takeover, I had already set up a monthly donation of £10 per month --they had received a total of £30 and I then cancelled it I am a member No 263 of the trust -----I am looking at the poxy Amber Loyalty Card I a write ............... I'm have emailed the club to reconsider the ban a number of times , I got no reply to any of them, Yes and I also read a couple of offers by people offering to pick me up etc on match days Thank You but no thanks . I believe they knew of the WRU rubbish when they took my £250 for the ticket but chose NOT to warn me of the rule--I should perhaps point out that I am nearly 80 years old in October 2018, a supporter since 1950
I have held a Blue Badge for about nine years as I have collapsed instep in my right foot My emails to the club were ignored so as far as I'm concerned County can drop the price to a fiver as many times as they like I hope they get what they deserve
Bob Bassett
I can fully understand your frustrations Bob.

SULLY34 wrote:
BertieB wrote:I have bought season tickets for all the past seasons and paid £250 for this season too AFTER BOOKING MY CAR TO PARK IN THE GROUND as I have done preseason every year, no mention of the WRU 20 allotted spaces maximum --I saw the first two matches and was then told to see some woman in the shop who curtly informed me that I would NOT be allowed to park at Rodney Parade NOR at Maindee school. I had purchased £200 worth of shares,. when County were begging for finance for the takeover, I had already set up a monthly donation of £10 per month --they had received a total of £30 and I then cancelled it I am a member No 263 of the trust -----I am looking at the poxy Amber Loyalty Card I a write ............... I'm have emailed the club to reconsider the ban a number of times , I got no reply to any of them, Yes and I also read a couple of offers by people offering to pick me up etc on match days Thank You but no thanks . I believe they knew of the WRU rubbish when they took my £250 for the ticket but chose NOT to warn me of the rule--I should perhaps point out that I am nearly 80 years old in October 2018, a supporter since 1950
I have held a Blue Badge for about nine years as I have collapsed instep in my right foot My emails to the club were ignored so as far as I'm concerned County can drop the price to a fiver as many times as they like I hope they get what they deserve
Bob Bassett
I can fully understand your frustrations Bob.
Frankly an appalling reflection on those who ignore your loyalty.
Good story for the 'gus
Hope BB gets some immediate positive outcome

Bob Bassett

Bob, I'm pretty sure the first couple of times you ranted about this you hadn't actually booked the car park.

Out of interest, what do you mean by "I hope they get what they deserve" ?

Bob Bassett
Bob, I'm glad you posted a full account of your situation - you've clearly been treated very shoddily and you have every right to feel let down.

This is clearly a case of poor judgement by the club as I see plenty of able bodied drivers parking along the approach to The Bisley stand every game.

Perhaps one of the new Trust board members could look into this ?

This is clearly a case of poor judgement by the club as I see plenty of able bodied drivers parking along the approach to The Bisley stand every game. [/quote]

Not a comment on BB situation or any thing regards the parking at RP but dangerous to assume that because someone looks able bodied they are without problems.

IMB wrote:This is clearly a case of poor judgement by the club as I see plenty of able bodied drivers parking along the approach to The Bisley stand every game.
Not a comment on BB situation or any thing regards the parking at RP but dangerous to assume that because someone looks able bodied they are without problems.[/quote]

Very true. For this reason my football watching days are coming to an end. I'm hoping to get a few more games at Loftus Rd, and ultimately, that I'll be able to continue coming to RP because it's RELATIVELY close to home....but I'm sure the day will come when I can't. For me it's trapped nerves in my back & ribs area, and down the legs, that attack suddenly without warning causing severe pain and immobility. Even sitting in a car is difficult, sitting on an aircraft is way too risky, so holidays are out for the foreseeable.... I've always said to my family, semi-jokingly, "when I can't get to football and back unassisted, that's the time I'll stop going".....until then, I'm squeezing as many games in, at both clubs as I can.
But when you can't SEE the problem, people assume you're ok.

IMB wrote:This is clearly a case of poor judgement by the club as I see plenty of able bodied drivers parking along the approach to The Bisley stand every game.
Not a comment on BB situation or any thing regards the parking at RP but dangerous to assume that because someone looks able bodied they are without problems.
IMB wrote:
Dangerous? A bit over dramatic that, able bodied meaning just that.

To the person who doubts that in earlier posts, I omitted to mention "booking my car to park in Rodney Parade"----I certainly did make sure I had prebooked every season, because Dave, ?-- the gateman warned me that it was a "first come" basis ---I also made a point of arriving usually over an hour before K.O times , including evening matches. I have supported County since 1950 although I did see a certain George Roffi score four goals in the route of Aldershot 7-0 at Somerton Park a season or so earlier. In answer to another post, I did write and ask for a refund of my ticket (minus 2 matches of course) but "the buck was deftly passed" and I was told to see someone else.

As I’m sure there is someone ie one person at least from the club that reads the posts on this board, I think it’s absolutely shameful that not one individual at the club has seen fit to sort this problem out. BertieB , why don’t you directly approach a director on matchday?