Some pleasant facts

Let's be honest here

Gates up
Great Cup run
Safe from END of March

As a County fan have we had it so good before

And the board acted rightly in sacking westley when they did or we would probably be fighting to stay in conference now

People knock Gavin but let's look at these facts

Re: Some pleasant facts

Yep agree with that Jim, this thread nearly disappeared under the radar. For the record I'm backing Flynny and this group of players who clearly care for our club to turn this around and learn from it. I've said it elsewhere if we didn't have the fa cup run we'd probably have 7-8 more points on the table, everyone would be buzzing and I reckon we would make the playoffs, we'd be worse off as a club but we'd still be in contention for the playoffs. Pipey nails it in his interview today, don't look to far back or forward. Let's not forget Bristol City who have massive resources compared to us, looked guaranteed for automatic promotion never mind playoffs before their cup run, they beat Man Utd and pushed Man City all they way, the cup run has clearly effected them they're sticking with Lee Johnson and on that note they stuck with him last season when they were really struggling and look what he's achieved. We've got 6 games to go and are still in with a mathematical chance of the playoffs, unlikely but if you'd put that on the table 12 months ago we would all have bitten your hands hands off, if that's not progress I don't know what is. Andrew Perry.

supporter wrote:Yep agree with that Jim, this thread nearly disappeared under the radar. For the record I'm backing Flynny and this group of players who clearly care for our club to turn this around and learn from it. I've said it elsewhere if we didn't have the fa cup run we'd probably have 7-8 more points on the table, everyone would be buzzing and I reckon we would make the playoffs, we'd be worse off as a club but we'd still be in contention for the playoffs. Pipey nails it in his interview today, don't look to far back or forward. Let's not forget Bristol City who have massive resources compared to us, looked guaranteed for automatic promotion never mind playoffs before their cup run, they beat Man Utd and pushed Man City all they way, the cup run has clearly effected them they're sticking with Lee Johnson and on that note they stuck with him last season when they were really struggling and look what he's achieved. We've got 6 games to go and are still in with a mathematical chance of the playoffs, unlikely but if you'd put that on the table 12 months ago we would all have bitten your hands hands off, if that's not progress I don't know what is. Andrew Perry.

I agree with this.

hi. also to add to this a few of us bought a table last month in the Bisley and the girl who is the new business manager was brilliant start to finish as well as her colleagues. so it looks like there is a good amount of good people who work at the county now as well off the field

I know it's implied by the 'great cup run' but that also translates into our club making real hard cash as a result of it. This will help provide a buffer from the usual 'hand to mouth' existence.

Oh and we now have a vastly improved playing surface and it has proven that it can cope with heaviest of rainfall.

And the increased away capacity to take advantage of bigger followings (£).

And improved online ticket ordering being implemented.

And finally much better officials in charge of our games (ok I am joking on that one but at least we saw - during our cup run - that good ones do actually exist!!).

UPTHEPORT wrote:Let's be honest here

Gates up
Great Cup run
Safe from END of March

And the board acted rightly in sacking westley when they did or we would probably be fighting to stay in conference now

Hear Hear!

mike wilks wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Let's be honest here

Gates up
Great Cup run
Safe from END of March

Hear Hear!
Unfortunately, some people never let the facts get in the way of of good moan.

2 wins, 7 draws and 6 defeats in the last 15 matches are the slightly uncomfortable facts. That would translate to 13 points from 15 matches (though we won't have to play Spurs twice in the League any time soon so it's slightly skewed - but P13 W2 D6 L5 isn't much better).

Still happy for the club to continue with the existing management structure at the moment but a solid run-in with a few youngsters tried out to build some confidence for next season would be hugely preferably to maintaining that kind of overall form as we'd be relegation fodder again if we did, and we've seen it already recently with Feeney.