Re: GRANDSTAND: EXILES v SWINDON

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Great game, much more positive performance esp in the first half.
Thought Tozer deserved his MOTM award, right place at the right time to steer a header in unchallenged for 2-0.
Great first goal, pressure from Pipe down the right and Podge pounced.
Every player did their bit in a good passing and pressing performance.
Ref did well apart from not controlling the shirt-pulling by both sides, Big Franck made a mess of their no.3's shirt.
Swinetown made us look better with a poor first half, their goal was 2 yards offside IMO but the assistant ref wasn't in line with play so couldn't give it.
Good day all round.
Dee

I've seen it again on Sky and it was definitely onside.

Exile 1976 wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Great game, much more positive performance esp in the first half.
Thought Tozer deserved his MOTM award, right place at the right time to steer a header in unchallenged for 2-0.
Ref did well apart from not controlling the shirt-pulling by both sides, Big Franck made a mess of their no.3's shirt.
Swinetown made us look better with a poor first half, their goal was 2 yards offside IMO but the assistant ref wasn't in line with play so couldn't give it.
Good day all round.
Dee

Disallowed for a free kick to us I thought, nothing to do with being offside??

SULLY34 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Good day all round.
Dee

Disallowed for a free kick to us I thought, nothing to do with being offside??
Their goal.

Agree about Bennett he does the ugly things well and defensively is adept.
Thought the first half showed commitment ,organisation good passing and movement. Used the flanks well with Pipe and Butler creating chances and the midfield worked in tandem to defend and attack as a unit. The only player who was poor was Collins who was too fragile and did not show enough physicality and strength, very ineffective.
Second Half we seemed to sit deep again and allow Swindon to take the initiative which they nearly did. So many more positives than the Crewe and Stevenage debacle.
Butler has grown as a wing back is as strong defensively as offensively where last season was a liability in defence.

SULLY34 wrote:
Kevinmoorefellover wrote:Menayese was a big donkey that spent most of the first half man handling Aaron Collins.
He had a great game up until then. Local lad on loan from Bristol.
I agree he was effective but only until his approach to this particular game got him sent off and reduced Swindon to 10 men for most of the second half. I maintain he was a donkey.

Kevinmoorefellover wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:
Kevinmoorefellover wrote:Menayese was a big donkey that spent most of the first half man handling Aaron Collins.
He had a great game up until then. Local lad on loan from Bristol.
I agree he was effective but only until his approach to this particular game got him sent off and reduced Swindon to 10 men for most of the second half. I maintain he was a donkey.
I maintain he played very well up until then. If he was a donkey then Amond is Shrek. Collins was awful today btw.