Shawn McCoulsky

From Argus:-
NEWPORT County AFC loan star Shawn McCoulsky is set to miss Saturday’s home clash with Stevenage after complaining of chest pains this week.

The Bristol City striker, joint top scorer for County with 11 goals in 35 appearances, has been diagnosed with pericarditis – inflammation of the fibrous sac surrounding the heart known as the pericardium.

Manager Michael Flynn said: “Shawn McCoulsky is out.

He’s had chest pains and he’s been checked out by the hospital. It’s something called pericarditis.

“The doctor spoke to Bristol City yesterday and I’d obviously never risk a players’ health.”

Re: Shawn McCoulsky

County Exile wrote:From Argus:-
NEWPORT County AFC loan star Shawn McCoulsky is set to miss Saturday’s home clash with Stevenage after complaining of chest pains this week.

The Bristol City striker, joint top scorer for County with 11 goals in 35 appearances, has been diagnosed with pericarditis – inflammation of the fibrous sac surrounding the heart known as the pericardium.

Manager Michael Flynn said: “Shawn McCoulsky is out.

He’s had chest pains and he’s been checked out by the hospital. It’s something called pericarditis.

“The doctor spoke to Bristol City yesterday and I’d obviously never risk a players’ health.”

Apparently quite painful and concerning at first until diagnosed, but then when inflamation gone, all normally fine... I know someone who had it, they thought they were having a heart attack, but they are fine after it. Hopefully McGoalsky has a quick recovery.

From the American Heart association

Pericarditis is inflammation of the pericardium, two thin layers of a sac-like tissue that surrounds the heart, holds it in place and helps it work. A small amount of fluid keeps the layers separate so that there’s no friction between them.

A common symptom of pericarditis is chest pain, caused by the sac’s layers becoming inflamed and possibly rubbing against the heart. It may feel like pain from a heart attack. If you have chest pain, call 9–1–1 right away because you may be having a heart attack.

Overview
Pericarditis can be attributed to other factors, including viral, bacterial, fungal, and other infections. Other possible causes are heart attack or heart surgery, other medical conditions, injuries and medicines.

Pericarditis can be acute, meaning it happens suddenly and typically doesn't last long, or chronic,” meaning it develops over time and may take longer to treat. Both types of pericarditis can disrupt your heart's normal rhythm or function and possibly, though rarely, lead to death.

Outlook
Most of the time, pericarditis is mild and clears up on its own with rest or simple treatment. Sometimes, to prevent complications, more intense treatment is needed.

Recovery from pericarditis may take a few days to weeks or even months.

Percy plunkett wrote:Not sure how much of Shawn's wages we are paying.The Bristol doctor seems to be dragging it out to tell us that he won't play this season.
To be fair the lad scored the most valuable goal in the clubs history so what ever we are paying its money well spent.

From twitter this evening:-
Shawn McCoulsky

Verified account

@SMccoulsky
Follow Follow @SMccoulsky
More
Sad to say my season has come to an end. Want to say a big thank you to all the fans and everyone at @NewportCounty for your support..Fully enjoyed my loan and will definitely not forget the great memories that were created this season! Will be back stronger next season!

Yes, I had Pericarditus about well over 10 years ago, I now have angina, but I'll be 80 in October so I donk think he needs to worry too much as he's a fit lad, but all the very best young man, I hope your career doesn't be affected, in the long term
All the very best , get well soon !!.......................Bob Bassett