Re: Cardiff miss 2 pens in injurytime

Aber I'm basing the bully boy tag on what I've witnessed on Wales trips I've been on with the exception of the euros which was one big party. Most trips I've been on I've been asked where I'm from, usually when a gang of them are looking for Jack fans to have a pop at, I reply Wales. Correct I don't like the fans because I don't like bullies.

Cornish Exile wrote:
aberexile wrote:Supporter on what grounds are they the bully boy club of Wales? That's not been my experience. Every club has a few supporters who, shall we say, aren't all that nice - including us. So, I take it you don't like Cardiff because of their fans?
Not only their fans, what about their manager?
What does Warnock do that's so different to any other manager? He looks after and speaks up for the interests of the club that pays his wages at the time. He's not everyone's cup of tea, but most managers aren't. All managers do the same.
In actual fact,Warnock's a really nice man....like a kind & friendly uncle.

Serious question: with no prospect of playing Cardiff City on level terms any time soon, who do people consider our local rivals at the moment? Because I always struggle to answer it when I'm asked.

Logically, it should be Cheltenham as the closest club in Division 4 - but the antipathy isn't there.
FGR? Again, there's no real history of rivalry.
When we used to play Weston-super-Mare in Conference South, that always felt like a rivalry - but we're not at the same level now.
People clearly don't like Wrexham much, but they're not a local rival, plus their ire is reserved for Chester.

It's hard to engineer a local rivalry, but I really feel it's something that NCAFC miss.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Serious question: with no prospect of playing Cardiff City on level terms any time soon, who do people consider our local rivals at the moment? Because I always struggle to answer it when I'm asked.

Logically, it should be Cheltenham as the closest club in Division 4 - but the antipathy isn't there.
When we used to play Weston-super-Mare in Conference South, that always felt like a rivalry - but we're not at the same level now.
People clearly don't like Wrexham much, but they're not a local rival, plus their ire is reserved for Chester.

It's hard to engineer a local rivalry, but I really feel it's something that NCAFC miss.
If you take away Cardiff and Swansea I would say the matches that felt most like a Derby and we didn't like them were Wrexham, Hereford, Bristol Rovers and Bath. At present you could argue we don't have any rivals.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Serious question: with no prospect of playing Cardiff City on level terms any time soon, who do people consider our local rivals at the moment? Because I always struggle to answer it when I'm asked.

I'm fairly sure that as Saturday unfolds, it'll become apparent that the answer to your question is Swindon Town. They'll bring a large following, with public order problems all the way back to the train station.... like it was at the reverse fixture.

newgroundrodney wrote: I'm fairly sure that as Saturday unfolds, it'll become apparent that the answer to your question is Swindon Town. They'll bring a large following, with public order problems all the way back to the train station.... like it was at the reverse fixture.
But they have a properly fierce rivalry with Oxford United, and a secondary one with Brizzle Roverzz - we're barely on their radar! Agree though that their fans are horrible six-fingered wurzel-chewing chavvy yokels...

newgroundrodney wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:
aberexile wrote:Supporter on what grounds are they the bully boy club of Wales? That's not been my experience. Every club has a few supporters who, shall we say, aren't all that nice - including us. So, I take it you don't like Cardiff because of their fans?
What does Warnock do that's so different to any other manager? He looks after and speaks up for the interests of the club that pays his wages at the time. He's not everyone's cup of tea, but most managers aren't. All managers do the same.
Is that opinion based on having met the man in a working capacity? I couldn't disagree more.

Amberexile wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:
Is that opinion based on having met the man in a working capacity? I couldn't disagree more.

He's doing one of those "an evening with" gigs at Penydarren Park to help raise money for Merthy Town FC and not charging Merthyr a penny in fairness.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
CTY74 wrote:Oh well so what if we do, we'll still be playing in the Championship & playing at our own ground??
Our situation UTP is one you can only ever dream of, competing at the top end of the Championship at the 'Wales National Football Stadium'!!
It's also so jovial that you & some of your fellow fans are so hypocritical about Cardiff City you welcome in open arms when we loan you players but yet you hate Cardiff City!
It's also laughable how a 'MOD' expresses his views like a school kid
Ha it hurt that much you had to come on a League 2 sides MB

And what hurts them most is that Swansea are the Premier side in Wales well established now as well

Now jog on son
It doesn't hurt at all & after I 'jogged on' DAD I thought I'd return to give you a special mention UTP as you're so parochial & as thick as a Gurkha's foreskin it gives me great pleasure to be back in the Premier League & securing it in front of 32,478 fans (imagine that??).

Plus it doesn't hurt in the slightest that Swansea are established in PL fair paly to them & the all the better for next season's South Wales Derby if they survive that is!! :cheers: :grin: :bounce: :bom: :wink: :lol: 8)