Re: League two Players released list

Snowman wrote:Samuel had lots of energy but he didn't score very many when he was here.

We should be looking for better players than him now
I agree with your first point. His asset was of course that he ran defenders ragged. For example, last year in away games at Crewe and Carlisle the home fans were raving about him. Certainly his injury at Carlisle changed the game that day. So he scores practically nothing but given the right players around him I do believe he could be a real asset.

I hadn't realised we'd already got rid of Barnum-Bobb.

So two strikers (I realise that's a loose term in the case of Jackson), two defenders and the reserve goalkeeper. Doesn't strike me as an exercise in getting rid of some of the dead wood in the squad and perhaps explains the rumour of little money to spend in the run-up to the new season. There won't be money available if you keep the same squad intact.

wattsville_boy wrote:I hadn't realised we'd already got rid of Barnum-Bobb.

So two strikers (I realise that's a loose term in the case of Jackson), two defenders and the reserve goalkeeper. Doesn't strike me as an exercise in getting rid of some of the dead wood in the squad and perhaps explains the rumour of little money to spend in the run-up to the new season. There won't be money available if you keep the same squad intact.
Would love to have your list of all the "dead wood" left in the squad, bearing in mind apart from Labs, Ben T and big Frank they are all under contract for next year. :lol:

lowandhard wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Campbell-Ryce skinned Ben White twice to snatch a win for Barnet in November.Westley let him go and now Carlisle don't want him.Funny old game.
This guy was running the game for Carlisle last Saturday until their manager inexplicably subbed him. Looks a class act.
A Carlisle fan says this about him. Expletive deleted. Maybe he was chasing a contract...

Jamal Campbell-Ryce - arrived in January, had a couple of ok games but spent too much time doing stepovers and trying to beat his man twice, and not enough time actually crossing the ******* thing.