Re: League two Players released list

JonD wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Campbell-Ryce skinned Ben White twice to snatch a win for Barnet in November.Westley let him go and now Carlisle don't want him.Funny old game.
This guy was running the game for Carlisle last Saturday until their manager inexplicably subbed him. Looks a class act.
A Carlisle fan says this about him. Expletive deleted. Maybe he was chasing a contract...

Jamal Campbell-Ryce - arrived in January, had a couple of ok games but spent too much time doing stepovers and trying to beat his man twice, and not enough time actually crossing the ******* thing.
Sounds a bit like Nouble...

Re: League two Players released list

jollysuperstar wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:I hadn't realised we'd already got rid of Barnum-Bobb.

So two strikers (I realise that's a loose term in the case of Jackson), two defenders and the reserve goalkeeper. Doesn't strike me as an exercise in getting rid of some of the dead wood in the squad and perhaps explains the rumour of little money to spend in the run-up to the new season. There won't be money available if you keep the same squad intact.
Would love to have your list of all the "dead wood" left in the squad, bearing in mind apart from Labs, Ben T and big Frank they are all under contract for next year. :lol:
I think it's been fairly much agreed that the midfield hasn't worked this past season. No protection in front of the defence and not creating anything for the strikers. So lets start there (in shirt number order) - Labs injured and looking to sign, Willmott signed, Dolan signed, Tozer looking to sign, Bennett signed, TOE signed but shipped out for most of past season, Lewis Collins ?2nd year Apprentice won't be used, Sheehan signed, Evan Press/Tom Hillman/Owen Taylor see Lewis Collins.

So if Flynn gets his three "wanted" to sign there will have been no change in the midfield. The term "pissing in the same bucket" springs to mind...