Let's 'Buy The Club A Pint'..... (B&R Scheme)....

I know this is a re-hash of a post / idea I gave a good while ago, but I hope it might spur some into action.
I want us to think of the Club as on of our mates, one of our family. When we go out say, once a week, I'd like us to consider buying the club "an invisible pint", or for those who don't do booze, it could be an "invisible cup of coffee".....
Let's say in each case, the drink in a good quality place costs £3.46.......

£3.46 x 52 = £180 or thereabouts...... so, £180 = £15 a month.

We could donate £15 a month to the B&R Scheme......effectively we could "Buy The Club A Pint"...
Just think of the club as one of your mates.
Can we do that?...... 1000 of us doing so, would put £180k into the club each year.

Re: Let's 'Buy The Club A Pint'..... (B&R Scheme)....

amberbhoy wrote:If your mate asked you to give him £100, then came back a few days later and asked you for another £100 and refused to tell you what he done with the last wad. Would you just keep handing over your hard earned

.... but it's not every day. The last time we put a large amount in, in one go was a few years ago, and we KNOW what it was spent on.... and this isn't a large amount in one go, it's a couple of quid a week.

Caerleon Exile wrote:The difference being if you buy your mate a pint you see them enjoying the pint and each other's company. Who knows where your £180 per season would go. Agent fees and hyper inflated wages for average players etc.
How would you run the football club so as to reduce agent fees down from the present level of monies spent? And how would you get the wage bill down whilst securing 'average' players to play for the club?

Fourthousand wrote:
Caerleon Exile wrote:The difference being if you buy your mate a pint you see them enjoying the pint and each other's company. Who knows where your £180 per season would go. Agent fees and hyper inflated wages for average players etc.
How would you run the football club so as to reduce agent fees down from the present level of monies spent? And how would you get the wage bill down whilst securing 'average' players to play for the club?
Sorry, where did I say I wanted to play chairman?

Caerleon Exile wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:
Sorry, where did I say I wanted to play chairman?
You didn't but you could still answer his question.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:
How would you run the football club

You didn't but you could still answer his question.
Let me try. I wouldn't form so close a friendship with the team manager that I ended up offering him £50,000 more than the going rate for a league 2 manager. I would have a proper recruitment policy so that jobs were not given to mates and partners. I would have a proper disciplinary process so that thousands upon thousands of pounds were not wasted on litigation. I think I would have the common sense not to pay massively over the odds for kit. And I would certainly only pay on delivery, so as academy parents wouldn't regard the club as a total joke. I would invite the views and criticism of all supporters.

For starters that is.

newgroundrodney wrote:I know this is a re-hash of a post / idea I gave a good while ago, but I hope it might spur some into action.
I want us to think of the Club as on of our mates, one of our family. When we go out say, once a week, I'd like us to consider buying the club "an invisible pint", or for those who don't do booze, it could be an "invisible cup of coffee".....

We could donate £15 a month to the B&R Scheme......effectively we could "Buy The Club A Pint"...
Can we do that?...... 1000 of us doing so, would put £180k into the club each year.
NGR you don't 'arf come up with some good ideas :cheers:

The £15-a-month works out at only £3.75-a-week. Expanding on your original idea, £15-a-month could be a minimum amount, with supporters donating either as much as they want/can afford, or an increasing fixed scale per month, ie. £20, £25, £30 etc. There could also be a family donation, e.g. £25 for two family members, £40 for three etc.

Beechwood Boy wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:I know this is a re-hash of a post / idea I gave a good while ago, but I hope it might spur some into action.

NGR you don't 'arf come up with some good ideas :cheers:

The £15-a-month works out at only £3.75-a-week. Expanding on your original idea, £15-a-month could be a minimum amount, with supporters donating either as much as they want/can afford, or an increasing fixed scale per month, ie. £20, £25, £30 etc. There could also be a family donation, e.g. £25 for two family members, £40 for three etc.

Thank You...... I think the point of the post is to make people view £3.46 as a tiny "throw away" amount. To get people in the habit of giving the club money without expecting a return as such. The existence of the Club is reward enough.

newgroundrodney wrote:
..... as I said on another thread, the B&R should NOT be for player related costs, just the club.
What do you mean by "just the club"? Aren't the players the reason we all go over to watch the County? No players = no team = no supporters

Beechwood Boy wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
..... as I said on another thread, the B&R should NOT be for player related costs, just the club.
What do you mean by "just the club"? Aren't the players the reason we all go over to watch the County? No players = no team = no supporters
By that I mean the Club's day-to-day bills. The hotels for away games, travel costs, etc..... we need a sum of money coming in that is ONLY used for the running of the club. The Clubs continued existence comes first, whatever division the individual players can perform at. The point of the take over was to secure the future of the club, not any individual player. Players come and go.