Re: Boreham Wood V Tranmere Conference Play off Final

aberexile wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:
aberexile wrote:The team are not the supporters though, are they?

The fans appear to support the balance of the squad.
My knowledge is from a BBC report. I bow to your superior knowledge. Would rather trust a County fan than the BBC any day
I don't have any superior knowledge, but assumed the team wouldn't have reached the play-offs without the full support of the fans.

Cornish Exile wrote:

Actually at the game I refered to an interesting thing took place. All through the match the Boreham Wood fans sang three songs. Lets all go mental, there's a George in my heart keep me English and We'll keep the white flag flying here.

In the second half Boreham scored. The scorer was black. He ran the length of the pitch, took off his shirt and pointed to his chest.

The unpleasant racist idiots failed to see his point. They just carried on.

Pleased Tranmere won. They had to work their bollocks off with all three subs used by half-time, two of them tactical because of the sending off.

Fair enough if the ref decides to set out his stall on studs-up tackles - a red card for the first one ensured there weren't any more. But if so he should also take a harsh line on diving, and BH got away with two shockers in the first half plus one marginal. They were pretty feeble generally and a lightweight loanee from Watford up front particularly so.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:

Actually at the game I refered to an interesting thing took place. All through the match the Boreham Wood fans sang three songs. Lets all go mental, there's a George in my heart keep me English and We'll keep the white flag flying here.

In the second half Boreham scored. The scorer was black. He ran the length of the pitch, took off his shirt and pointed to his chest.

Agree with your stand on the bigoted racists who behaved in such a manner but had you had a few sherbets? I ask because the equaliser was scored in first half injury time :grin:

"Agree with your stand on the bigoted racists who behaved in such a manner but had you had a few sherbets? I ask because the equaliser was scored in first half injury time."

Fair play to Stan, Lowandhard. I believe he was referring to the game he saw against Bishop Stortford (from earlier post same thread) - unless you're also referring to that game. I may be wrong, however.

"Nasty of supporters at Boreham Stiff. I remember watching them a few years ago at Bishop's Stortford. Unpleasant bunch of racists. Normally go for the underdog but really glad Tranmere won."

aberexile wrote:"Agree with your stand on the bigoted racists who behaved in such a manner but had you had a few sherbets? I ask because the equaliser was scored in first half injury time."

Fair play to Stan, Lowandhard. I believe he was referring to the game he saw against Bishop Stortford (from earlier post same thread) - unless you're also referring to that game. I may be wrong, however.

"Nasty of supporters at Boreham Stiff. I remember watching them a few years ago at Bishop's Stortford. Unpleasant bunch of racists. Normally go for the underdog but really glad Tranmere won."
Probably my mistake, from his post I thought he was referring to the playoff final.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:

As you know, Einstein, everything's relative.

A few years back, we had a black player name of Kevin Stephens.

He left the club following his allegation that some County fans had called out racist chants.

He then joined Boreham Wood, where I believe he was made club captain, before suffering a career ending injury.

Geographically Boreham Wood is a small town in (just about) Barnet. Barnet is a small town in er Harrow. Should make for a tasty local derby next season.

[

The unpleasant racist idiots failed to see his point. They just carried on.[/quote]

As you know, Einstein, everything's relative.

A few years back, we had a black player name of Kevin Stephens.

He left the club following his allegation that some County fans had called out racist chants.

He then joined Boreham Wood, where I believe he was made club captain, before suffering a career ending injury.

Geographically Boreham Wood is a small town in (just about) Barnet. Barnet is a small town in er Harrow. Should make for a tasty local derby next season.[/quote]

Those Racist comments where proved to be a bag of bolloxs and we signed the player the next season so obviously he wasn't aware of these comments or bothered