Re: Supporters' Meeting - 23 May

Jimmy Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:IMHO it's very interesting to see who holds their opinions consistently over time and what posters' tracks records are on some subjects.
I agree. That said there is rather little point in having a discussion board unless people can accept that they might be wrong.

I have been wrong on a number of occasions. Whereas others are never wrong.
Hi. Did you think you were wrong in publishing Anthony redwoods one sided and unfair version of events, especially when he had huge things wrong like the beer sold at the county.

do you accept you caused needless trouble and that it wasn’t worth it and that your source had sold you down the river? I am wrong about many things being just a thick bar man but I’ve never seen you admit you are wrong
No.

I was right to Publish Mr Redwood's perspective. I didn't cause needless trouble. We are all now aware of how County financially messed up. The meeting on the 23rd will tell us to what extent.

People must make their own minds up. I would suggest that all you do is throw around insults and lies. If people want to believe you that is a matter for them.

Personally spewing out venom at a well respected former player doesn't in my view help your cause. Although your childish tantrums probably don't garner that much support in any event.

Hang on - how do we know county financially messed up?

Also this former player? what venom did I say? Do you mean mark price? I didn’t know he was a former player must be before my time but does being a former player mean you can’t criticise his opinions?

all he does is post negative stuff most of which is just scaremungering so don’t see why he can’t be challenged.

also please explain where I spewed venom? stop making things up

I agree. That said there is rather little point in having a discussion board unless people can accept that they might be wrong.

I have been wrong on a number of occasions. Whereas others are never wrong.[/quote]

Hi. Did you think you were wrong in publishing Anthony redwoods one sided and unfair version of events, especially when he had huge things wrong like the beer sold at the county.

do you accept you caused needless trouble and that it wasn’t worth it and that your source had sold you down the river? I am wrong about many things being just a thick bar man but I’ve never seen you admit you are wrong[/quote]

No.

I was right to Publish Mr Redwood's perspective. I didn't cause needless trouble. We are all now aware of how County financially messed up. The meeting on the 23rd will tell us to what extent.

People must make their own minds up. I would suggest that all you do is throw around insults and lies. If people want to believe you that is a matter for them.

Personally spewing out venom at a well respected former player doesn't in my view help your cause. Although your childish tantrums probably don't garner that much support in any event.[/quote]

I believe your action was wrong on the 'Redwood tapes. I also believe that the board that stewards our club is wrong in not publishing a snapshot of cashflow and year end forecast of that fig. and f'cast year end P/L. It's not going to disadvantage the club in any way (unless we are knowingly trading insolvently) and it will give us fans confidence that they have a handle on/and financial control. We as as fans would not get worked up speculating that there is going to be a big hole that can't be filled and so 'bang' goes our club; it would help fans understand why certain financial decisions are made eg why we can't fund the purchase of Messi and if there were to be a predicted shortfall it would give time to pull something together rather than at the 11th hour.

Fourthousand wrote:I agree. That said there is rather little point in having a discussion board unless people can accept that they might be wrong.

I have been wrong on a number of occasions. Whereas others are never wrong.

do you accept you caused needless trouble and that it wasn’t worth it and that your source had sold you down the river? I am wrong about many things being just a thick bar man but I’ve never seen you admit you are wrong[/quote]

No.

Personally spewing out venom at a well respected former player doesn't in my view help your cause. Although your childish tantrums probably don't garner that much support in any event.[/quote]

I believe your action was wrong on the 'Redwood tapes. I also believe that the board that stewards our club is wrong in not publishing a snapshot of cashflow and year end forecast of that fig. and f'cast year end P/L. It's not going to disadvantage the club in any way (unless we are knowingly trading insolvently) and it will give us fans confidence that they have a handle on/and financial control. We as as fans would not get worked up speculating that there is going to be a big hole that can't be filled and so 'bang' goes our club; it would help fans understand why certain financial decisions are made eg why we can't fund the purchase of Messi and if there were to be a predicted shortfall it would give time to pull something together rather than at the 11th hour.[/quote]

You're entitled to your view that I was wrong to post up the case of Mr Redwood. Everything I published was in the public domain. It was contained in the bundle for the employment tribunal.

It is germane to the running of our club, indeed the documentation was put together by Newport County AFC. People must make up their own minds what to make of it. However and I suspect this is where you and I will always differ, I believe if information is withheld then the upshot is that people are not in a position to choose how we should progress.

It is all about opinions but I thought you were in the wrong to post it, all you did was inadvertently galvanise support for Gavin. I think when Mr Redwood looks to seek pastures new in terms of employment, that may come back and haunt him. I also think that you may regret not advising him that long term It would not have been in his best interests to act as maliciously has he did. As the saying goes- A still tongue keeps a wise head.

The end game is you have both achieved nothing.

Alan G Bryant wrote:It is all about opinions but I thought you were in the wrong to post it, all you did was inadvertently galvanise support for Gavin. I think when Mr Redwood looks to seek pastures new in terms of employment, that may come back and haunt him. I also think that you may regret not advising him that long term It would not have been in his best interests to act as maliciously has he did. As the saying goes- A still tongue keeps a wise head.

The end game is you have both achieved nothing.
You're entitled to your opinion.

As for support or otherwise for Gavin, no doubt aware of how much he is supported he will come and answer questions from supporters on the 23rd May although in keeping with your view that a still tongue keeping a wise head, as you seem to have the inside track on Gavin, am I to take it he'll not be gracing us with his presence?

Jimmy Exile wrote:Hang on - how do we know county financially messed up?

Also this former player? what venom did I say? Do you mean mark price? I didn’t know he was a former player must be before my time but does being a former player mean you can’t criticise his opinions?

all he does is post negative stuff most of which is just scaremungering so don’t see why he can’t be challenged.

Well saying that you have been critical of the board of directors on many occasions. I asked you to flag up one. You couldn't.

Yes Mark Price. Of course you can be critical of his views but you were abusive towards him. To say all he posts is negative and scaremongering is another lie.

As for financially messing up. Try reading the minutes of the last board meeting. Having just had a windfall of £900,000 the board are saying that this is just plugging the gaps.

Now off to bed, you have school tomorrow. 8)

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Jimmy Exile wrote:Hang on - how do we know county financially messed up?

Well saying that you have been critical of the board of directors on many occasions. I asked you to flag up one. You couldn't.

Yes Mark Price. Of course you can be critical of his views but you were abusive towards him. To say all he posts is negative and scaremongering is another lie.

As for financially messing up. Try reading the minutes of the last board meeting. Having just had a windfall of £900,000 the board are saying that this is just plugging the gaps.

Now off to bed, you have school tomorrow. 8)
hi stan. Nice one, you have called me a liar and then have basically lied when asked to justify it lol.

you are not very bright stan are you. Yes you are right I go to school every day - but only to teach you yet another lesson lol

Having digested comments over the last few days I would like to raise quite a few concerns

Firstly Alex will be leaving shortly and no replacement has been announced.

The club appointed a young lady as Commercial manager with little if any experience who is now it appears sadly on 3 months sick leave
Assuming nobody is covering for her albeit she hardly started the job before falling ill.

I here that our main sponsor has been totally neglected and will be pulling out.
Also contributors on here who are also sponsors are stating nobody is in contact with them from the club beggars belief.
As far as I know we have only one County legend contributing on here regularly who is also in the county Hall of fame.
Maybe people should listen to what he has to contribute rather that take a pop at his contributions which I am sure are spot on.
Get rid of the child ground antics and insults of some (jimmy Exile for starters) and we may all have an enjoyable read.
Alan G Bryant is employed by the club it seems so you will never get any founded criticsm of anything relating to the club coming from his direction.
Without the cup run and transfers we have basically had it unless somebody comes up with a miracle cure.
to all the ostriches out there think maybe you should be a little more concerned than you show currently..

If Owlsabout is the ex-player people say he is, he is one of the first names on my team sheet for a best ever XI in the Newport AFC era. Maybe even the first.

But the idea that this adds value to his views about running a League 2 club as a business with a turnover in the millions a quarter of a century later is ludicrously inward- and backward-looking.