Match Report Ratings

Evening All,

Out of interest from the 43 match reports I did last season, these were the average ratings for each player based on starting appearances. It pretty much confirmed my thoughts as I had Demetriou as my player of the year with Labadie in front until his unfortunate injury.

Player Apps Avg Rating
Labadie  24 7.29
Demetriou 40 7.28
Amond 28 6.96
White  35 6.94
Day 42 6.86
Butler 37 6.73
O’Brien 24 6.66
Bennett 16 6.56
Dolan 33 6.45
Pipe 34 6.40
Nouble 34 6.38
Willmott 30 6.33
Tozer 28 6.32
McCoulsky 10 6.00

Cheers
Mark

Re: Match Report Ratings

So I get dogs abuse because of my views on Willmott but you have stated in your views that Nouble performed better by his average ratings than him ??????
Ask 9 out of 10 fans for their views on Nouble ( who IMO played when he wanted too but spent far too many game on the left wing not getting involved) and they will say he didn't perform very well but Willmott was one of our ' stand out performers'...Your ratings of him doesn't back up their argument , and I know you watch the vast majority of our games ( like me ) where they dont .....

Strange that....Maybe Willmott will be calling you out on Twitter next after reading that :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I very much doubt that nine out of ten fans would think Willmott was a 'stand out performer'. Mark rates them both at about six and a half and that seems about right in respect of a mid table season with inconsistent performances from both. However, both have put in occasional stand out performances, Nouble moreso than Willmott.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Bush wrote:Is that starts or appearances? if its appearances how did Bennett justify a two year contract after making only 16 appearances or is that a typo?

Got to be starts i think Bush, McCoulsky played more than 10 times.
That's what I was thinking. surely made more than 16?

Bush wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Bush wrote:Is that starts or appearances? if its appearances how did Bennett justify a two year contract after making only 16 appearances or is that a typo?

Got to be starts i think Bush, McCoulsky played more than 10 times.
That's what I was thinking. surely made more than 16?
Plus its the 43 games MV reported on - would guess we played closer to 60 games including cups.

They are indeed based on starting appearances. They can be deceptive and McCoulsky played much better off the bench and gave us a lot of value. I would argue that Willmott and Tozer played a lot better second half of the season but conversely Nouble did suffer loss of form.

Cheers
Mark