No offence meant

Apologies if any of my fellow contributors have been offended by my recent opinions on certain aspects of our clubs business this has never been my intention. As a former player i have seen the club struggles throughout the years first hand i have seen boards of directors (and not rich people) pay wages out of their own pockets, as a fan since i retired i have supported the club home and away and contributed when we needed finance and i am extremely worried that the current fan ownership model will not work, yes i recognise there are not queues of wealthy businessman waiting to invest and we probably need a balance but what is clear to me is if we are to retain our football league status something we all strived for whatever our contributions towards it then the model must change quickly and we need to be prepared to support this and not leave it too late like in 1989 as i fear if we drop to non league again we wont have a club and i couldnt live with that. Apologies again if anyone has been offended by recent posts.

Re: No offence meant

Cut that out mate.
No need to apologise to anybody for your views which I agree with 100%
Few Ostriches think they can take over with insults to those with different views.
Serious concerns ahead so keep them contributions going mate.
UTC

jollysuperstar wrote:Cut that out mate.
No need to apologise to anybody for your views which I agree with 100%
Few Ostriches think they can take over with insults to those with different views.
Serious concerns ahead so keep them contributions going mate.
UTC

You were going so well until that line. :roll:

owlsabout wrote:Apologies if any of my fellow contributors have been offended by my recent opinions on certain aspects of our clubs business this has never been my intention. As a former player i have seen the club struggles throughout the years first hand i have seen boards of directors (and not rich people) pay wages out of their own pockets, as a fan since i retired i have supported the club home and away and contributed when we needed finance and i am extremely worried that the current fan ownership model will not work, yes i recognise there are not queues of wealthy businessman waiting to invest and we probably need a balance but what is clear to me is if we are to retain our football league status something we all strived for whatever our contributions towards it then the model must change quickly and we need to be prepared to support this and not leave it too late like in 1989 as i fear if we drop to non league again we wont have a club and i couldnt live with that. Apologies again if anyone has been offended by recent posts.
hi owls. unless I’ve missed something I don’t see anything for you to apologise for, it’s just a message board at the end of the day.

sometimes I just feel the criticisms of the board etc are over the top and sometimes people on here just chuck a load of crap hoping some of it will stick.

about the model im not sure of the way forward but it’s obvious clubs like ours needs extra funds to carry on but I’m just not sure where we get it from. fingers crossed that there is a plan and we find out more at the meeting