Salford City

Congratulations to Salford on gaining promotion into the National League. This will be their third promotion in four seasons. Ignor the fact that as owners they have some rich ex professionals, namely Neville brothers, Giggs, Scholes and Butt. It is a great achievement.

So it is surprising to hear that their management team of Morley & Johnson were allowed to leave. Whatever "by mutual agreement" actually means ?.

More surprising is that one John Sheridan has been considered for the job. What ever next, oh yes I hear Wesley is available. Couldn't one of those Man Utd boys do the job. But why ditch Morley & Johnson in the first place.

Re: Salford City

Ive watched the programs and they might have got promoted from a few farmers leagues but those managers was very unprofessional and I’m not sure their attitude would be tolerated further up the league.

I’ve also heard they were eyeing up a league job so wouldn’t sign a new contract.

Johnson and Morley left after their contracts could not be agreed. To be fair to Salford it appears that this was due to financial demands for "two" managers which the club appears to have backed away from. To some extent it shows the club are not just throwing money at the demands of others which is a good thing.

TBH if you watched the series, which in fairness the Ex Utd players come across very well (and I’m no fan) .... in the renewal of their last contracts, the fact that there was 2 managers as such, was a big bone of contention !

TBH I think they’ve done well to get Alexander, although he probably isn’t doing it for free!! :grin:

lowandhard wrote:As far as I’m concerned it’s another nowhere club being bought promotion by a bunch of cnuts - bad luck to them , I hope they blow up but of course they can’t because the owners are a bunch of rich tosseurs with no taste.
Eloquently put :mrgreen:

lowandhard wrote:As far as I’m concerned it’s another nowhere club being bought promotion by a bunch of cnuts - bad luck to them , I hope they blow up but of course they can’t because the owners are a bunch of rich tosseurs with no taste.
I think those ex players are putting money back into the game and making opportunities.
Some players earn a wedge and spend it on supercars and other status symbols, giving nothing back the game that gave them their opportunity.

So credit to them and Salford.

I wonder if FC United have now hit the buffers and Salford City fit the criteria that the supposed disillusioned fans were looking for - with the additional prospect of progress to the EFL. My gripe with FCUM was always that if they were objecting to the ownership and sheer impersonality of Manchester United, why didn't they just put their support behind a local non-league club. I suspect that many have now relocated to the seats at Old Trafford. Is there room for both these clubs, maybe not.