Re: Kit Sponsorship

Exile 1976 wrote:We ALL know the communication is shite. We get it. It's been shite for years, people have moaned about it for years on here, just keep bombarding the club through the official channels and maybe one day things will get better.
The trouble is that the poor communication is costing the Club money, and currently more of a concern is the Commercial Dept is not fit for purpose.

Willthiswork. It's the same errors time and again but if we are not contacting sponsors to renew their advertising with the club then sorry that is just not on . We need every penny and to keep those already sponsoring with us aswell as drumming up new sponsorship . This is crucial to a club like ours .

Willthiswork wrote:Hands up if you've never made an error in your work? It's been sorted now, i'm sure processes will be in place to stop 'attention to detail' errors occurring again?

With the playing budget going from 55% down to 50% of turnover this season, it was extremely important that our commercial dept was/is doing everything to ensure more revenues are brought in.
Listening to a few current sponsors who haven't even had so much as an email, that is beyond piss poor.

guest101 wrote:

Our commercial manager has been on the sick
for the last few weeks and hopefully is returning soon. I’m producing a digital commercial brouchure with Hayley our media girl which should be ready by very early next week. We have also arranged a selling day where directors will be contacting potential sponsors old and new. Happy to contact anyone who you might think could sponsor us or just want a chat.
please contact me on 07989 448692
or rob.santwrus@yahoo.co.uk . I also feel it’s time us directors embraced our fans more. lots of fans have great skills and we are short staffed or low on volunteer numbers.

Rob Sant
Is that the right email? :mrgreen:

A very refreshing post and good to hear . It's great that a director has taken time out to let the fans know and that you are listening to us.

Obviously hope the commercial manager gets well soon and it's nothing serious because at the end of the day health comes first .

Thank you Rob much appreciated . Utc .

I was hoping that after reading so many problems and issues our regular board contributors, Rob, Kevin and Ryan would pick this up.
In hindsight a more experienced person would of been a bigger benefit to take control of our commercial section but that's too late now.
Have we lost our main sponsor?
Appreciate this cannot be announced on here by our 3 regular contributors though.
The fact that fans wanting to book hospitality last season received a zero response is awful.
With I fear worrying announcements at the meeting concerning cash flow it is so important to get the revenue going.
Dare I ask what have the old board members been doing to generate cash before Rob came up with this idea.
Thank goodness we have at least 3 on the board striving to improve things.
Much appreciate your prompt response Rob

County#9 wrote:Spot on jollysuperstar . As regards to main sponsor Mr.Tom I'm sure we'll soon find out .
To be fair, and I don't know the ins-and-outs of the contract, Mr Tom have had good exposure with County this season. The FA Cup (and replay) and the big scoreboard as well as the programme and team sheets. Also they have ball sponsored a few times too so can't be that unhappy can they?

guest101 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:Hands up if you've never made an error in your work? It's been sorted now, i'm sure processes will be in place to stop 'attention to detail' errors occurring again?

With the playing budget going from 55% down to 50% of turnover this season, it was extremely important that our commercial dept was/is doing everything to ensure more revenues are brought in.
Listening to a few current sponsors who haven't even had so much as an email, that is beyond piss poor.
Exile 1976 wrote:

Our commercial manager has been on the sick
for the last few weeks and hopefully is returning soon. I’m producing a digital commercial brochure with Hayley our media girl which should be ready by very early next week. We have also arranged a selling day where directors will be contacting potential sponsors old and new. Happy to contact anyone who you might think could sponsor us or just want a chat.
please contact me on 07989 448692
or rob.santwris@yahoo.co.uk . I also feel it’s time us directors embraced our fans more. lots of fans have great skills and we are short staffed or low on volunteer numbers.

Rob Sant

Appreciate you doing all this Rob but surely this should have been done Dec/Jan time by the commercial manager when our stock was high and we could possibly ask for more.
Hunting down sponsors now I fear isn't going to be that great, hopefully will be proved wrong though.. With it going down to 50% this should have been hit hard early Imo.

What ever has happened has happened. I have every confidence in the new members of the board. I don't expect to that I will agree with every thing they but already there does seem to be a greater willingness to engage with supporters.

For me this lack of engagement has been disastrous for our club. People wanting and willing to be part of our club will I hope now be able to do so.

A few open and honest discussions will be so much healthier.