Re: The semi-official PRE SEASON FRIENDLY thread...

Exile 1976 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:13th July - Undy
14th July - Chippenham
18th July - Penybont
21st July - Hereford

All away
Are these fixtures confirmed then?

Yes mate
Great.... if that's the case, and they make no last minute changes in dates / times I can get to the Chippenham game on Sat 14th July..
I would need shift swaps / annual leave / lieu days to accommodate the others. I wonder who these two Championship teams might be: My guess is Swansea City & Bristol City, both of which would be great at Rodney Parade if possible.

[

All away[/quote]

Are these fixtures confirmed then?[/quote]

Yes mate[/quote]

Great.... if that's the case, and they make no last minute changes in dates / times I can get to the Chippenham game on Sat 14th July..
I would need shift swaps / annual leave / lieu days to accommodate the others. I wonder who these two Championship teams might be: My guess is Swansea City & Bristol City, both of which would be great at Rodney Parade if possible.[/quote]

Can't see any of those mate Policing would cost a fortune and for friendly we would be out of pocket

newgroundrodney wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
Are these fixtures confirmed then?

Yes mate
I would need shift swaps / annual leave / lieu days to accommodate the others. I wonder who these two Championship teams might be: My guess is Swansea City & Bristol City, both of which would be great at Rodney Parade if possible.

Someone on County Chat page on FB is saying it's Brizzle City & Aston Villa

daftasfxxx wrote:Just remembered we had to move a pre season from Undy to the velodrome a few years back because of an unfit pitch matbe you was thinking of that one
More than likely. In the dark recesses of my brain is a link to the state of the pitch at Undy as mentioned by people on here. Unfortunately I incorrectly related that to the Shop picking up an injury elsewhere. Age and time, great levellers :grin:

Kevinmoorefellover wrote:
AmberCelt wrote:
JonD wrote:The last friendly I remember seeing was Birmingham City at Somerton Park. I can’t remember for sure but suspect Alex Sabella was in the visiting lineup.
Alberto Tarantini maybe?
World Cup winner Alberto Tarantini no less. Don Givens as well.
Trevor Francis was sat in the stand IIRC. Also seem to remember Eddie Woods beating Tarantini for speed to score in I think a 2-2 draw for Keith Saunders' testimonial.