Re: Hereford

They’ll find the going a bit tougher in that league. It looks a right nightmare to get out of.

York, Stockport, FCUM, Boston, Kidderminster, Nuneaton, and then the moneybags teams like Brackley. I wouldn’t fancy it!

Bet there will be a few lively Saturdays at Edgar street next season!!!

Cornish Exile wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:Where were all those all those fans when they were struggling in the conference?
They were boycotting home games as a protest against their crooked owners
That worked well then, how many divisions did they drop?

daftasfxxx wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:Where were all those all those fans when they were struggling in the conference?
They were boycotting home games as a protest against their crooked owners
That worked well then, how many divisions did they drop?
1 as things stand today, but they did manage to avoid the ground being stripped.

It makes me wonder whether in the near-ish future, they mightn't introduce a new division to non-League, called something like; "The National League - Championship" ,made up again of the top 12 in the North & South.
Teams like Hereford are neither one nor the other really... Stafford, Worcester, Kidderminster, Solihull Moors and quite a few others besides might benefit from such a division.

newgroundrodney wrote:It makes me wonder whether in the near-ish future, they mightn't introduce a new division to non-League, called something like; "The National League - Championship" ,made up again of the top 12 in the North & South.
Teams like Hereford are neither one nor the other really... Stafford, Worcester, Kidderminster, Solihull Moors and quite a few others besides might benefit from such a division.
At some point leagues have to become regional. It used to be tier three, then four, now five. Whether a tier six national league would work I don't know.

UPTHEPORT wrote:

Question could be turned around mate where's the 3,500 fans of of ours gone from our Wembley game v Spurs
Jim,

All our fans turned up for Wembley. It's not the same 3,500 at every game.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Their chairman was just on Radio 4's Today programme, coming live from the Hay on Wye literary festival. Stressed staying solvent is the absolute priority.

If my great-grandfather hadn't upped sticks for Bassaleg in 1882 I might be supporting them! :)
Likewise, George, my ancestors originated in Ross-on-Wye.