Re: Worried?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
countymadbel wrote:Really worried now, no signings in the pipe line now our best player linked to another club and our manager gone very quiet. Really hope you know what your doing Mike. :shock:
Don’t blame MF as the real villains are the WRU and their money grabbing strategy. What should have been a good season with a decent playing budget thanks to the cup run, will now likely be one of a fight for survival.
RP is about to become the graveyard of our ambitions.
The Welsh Rugby Union have only the best interests of Welsh Rugby Union clubs. The clue is in the name. To blame the WRU is rather akin to picking up a rattlesnake and then complaining about getting bitten.
Being a landlord should come with it moral and professional responsibility towards your tenant, that is unless you are totally unscrupulous. Your right, sadly the WRU are displaying all the attributes of a viper.

I still believe that the WRU are working to a strategy with an end game, and I just hope the City Council get to realise that before it is too late for County and a much loved sporting facility. The widely discussed Plan B option of moving back to Spytty is no longer realistic, as the exit costs from the lease will be prohibitive and the WRU are certain to want their pound of flesh. Rock and hard place springs to mind!

So after Tozer and big Frank we are now only waiting on Labadie.

Not for one moment blaming the lad, nor doubting his ability but........ He is badly injured and will take a long time to recover and in truth may never fully recover. And yet he feels in a strong enough position to make the club wait whilst he looks at his options.

Worried?

Frankly, yes.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:So after Tozer and big Frank we are now only waiting on Labadie.

Not for one moment blaming the lad, nor doubting his ability but........ He is badly injured and will take a long time to recover and in truth may never fully recover. And yet he feels in a strong enough position to make the club wait whilst he looks at his options.

Worried?

Frankly, yes.
Does'nt his contract run out in 3 weeks? I think he will be quick enough to commit to us if no other club wants him with the injury he has and he realises he has to pay his own medical bills.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:So after Tozer and big Frank we are now only waiting on Labadie.

Worried?

Frankly, yes.

Its worrying that two out of the three players MF wanted to keep have left us...Possibly /probably three with Labadie

Its very quiet with very few / if any rumours of players joining us too,

If Amond goes too then we could be b uggered .

Worried?

Frankly, yes.
Whilst I agree , it would be preferable to see a few more on the inbound flight , I do not see anything alarming with the Labadie situation. It would be madness to offer him a lucrative contract. Let us not forget the offer was on the table before he got injured. My bet is the club have simply offered him reduced terms due to his injury. Joss is probably just waiting to see if another club are prepared to take a gamble on his fitness, which anyone would do in his situation.

I do not see that he is making the club wait, it is my view that we have said that is all we are currently prepared to offer. Unfortunately we are not in a position to gamble big contracts on injured players and If he does sign,it will hopefully be on our terms.

AGB
"few more on the inbound flight"
How about 1 to start with?
Worried - 100%

Ben T & Big Frank gone for better pay days.
Labs holding out for more cash elsewhere but if we keep him we could be paying for a long time crock who may never get back to previous levels.
Best loanee ever in Ben W imo with 6 assists also.
How do you find an equivalent.
Super sub again how do you find another.
Fortune we got from the cup has all but gone.
Doubt if the budget will be on a par with last year.
Not a sniff of a signing.
If Padraig goes to Vale we need a 6 figure fee otherwise its a total farce.
No money to attract anybody decent.
Crocks, Journeymen plus the odd trialist is what we are looking forward too.
Few Morgans, Bignotts and Hayes possibly
Hope I am 100% incorrect.
Seriously unless a few miracles come our way we are in the brown stuff
Did I hear at the meeting the shop would be shut for all July due to the move.
if so little revenue coming in
Lots of silly threads on here recently (people are bored) but this thread is the one contributors should be looking at..

jollysuperstar wrote:AGB
Worried - 100%

Labs holding out for more cash elsewhere but if we keep him we could be paying for a long time crock who may never get back to previous levels.
Lots of silly threads on here recently (people are bored) but this thread is the one contributors should be looking at..
Question
When did we last play a competitive game in June or July?

Let’s hope Guy Price can use his Bristol contacts to bring some much needed revenue to the club. He looks the highest profile staff member we have ever gone for so he must be able to sort a lot of this out due to his experience and contacts.

Worried about lack of signings by nearly the middle of June? No.

Worried that the football club don’t have a shirt sponsor by nearly the middle of June? Absolutely. I’m scratching my head wondering how we have even got to June and no sponsorship lined up. Someone hasn’t done their job.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:AGB
Worried - 100%

Question
When did we last play a competitive game in June or July?
Oh, I see. We should only have the shop open when we have either just played a competitive game or have one coming up.

Question. Has the shop ever sold any products at all in the close season? I don't expect an answer as you never seem to answer mine (4 times asked now).

Cornish Exile wrote:
JonD wrote:Where has this Amond to Vale story come from? Any credible sources? I’ve not been able to find one so is it safe to assume it’s made up?
Speculation on the Vale fans' message board.
Ahh, right. Cheers. So in all likelihood bollcocks then :)

It looks as if Vale's owner, Norman Smurthwaite, is set to take over at Nuneaton - so what impact that will have on Vale's plans to sign players is yet to be seen.

Personally, I think the story is junk - I did hear that Vale were looking at taking a few players from non-league including a striker from Grantham Town called Lee Shaw (apparently Scunthorpe United were interested in him last year - sounds a half decent player too!) so I would suspect that if their budget is going to be small as a result of Smurthwaite's departure then they will be looking at loans/non-league potential stars.