Re: EFL Summer Conference

newgroundrodney wrote:So does that mean Newport Athletics Stadium may be no longer an option?
No, because it would still be only two sports. Academic given how far removed from current standards Spytty must now be.

Struggling to think of clubs which have ever shared with two other sports. Anyone ever shared with both rugby codes?

George Street-Bridge wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:So does that mean Newport Athletics Stadium may be no longer an option?
No, because it would still be only two sports. Academic given how far removed from current standards Spytty must now be.

Struggling to think of clubs which have ever shared with two other sports. Anyone ever shared with both rugby codes?
I think teams have shared with cricket teams as well in the past

Collars wrote:I see in the notes of the meeting a restriction on ground sharing in future. As it mentions a limit on the number of “sports” sharing rather than “teams” I hope that it doesn’t cause us any problems?

If people on here had taken the trouble to read your post properly they might have seen your point. If I have understood you correctly your concern is that the EFL might mean teams even if they say sports.

I don't know the answer to your question, neither it seems does anyone else. I would hope that those with charge of administering our club find out for sure one way or the other.

[quote="George Street-Bridge"]Just guessing, /quote]

As usual you miss the point. You are probably right but what if you are wrong?

Did you know that 95% of the snakes in Tunisia are harmless? Walking back to your hotel in Tunis one evening you see a snake. It not unnaturally captures your interest. Knowing that it is very probably harmless, do you pick it up, or do you think that in the circumstances being 95% certain isn't quite enough?

G Guest wrote:Reading, who share with London Irish, say that the rule applies to the number of sports and the maximum is two. They are confident that their ground sharing arrangement is compliant with the new rule.
And if Reading shared with London Irish and Reading RFC your point would be well made.

But they don't and it isn't.

In any event what is the problem with just checking?

Stan, when you are in a hole stop digging. Any time there's an off-chance of poking a disagreement here, you're on it like a dog sniffing turds in the park.

The release meant what it said, simples.

No-one can think of any instance when a League club has shared with more than one sport. The interesting bit is the EFL insisting groundshares use a hybrid or similar pitch.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Stan, when you are in a hole stop digging. Any time there's an off-chance of poking a disagreement here, you're on it like a dog sniffing turds in the park.

The release meant what it said, simples.

No-one can think of any instance when a League club has shared with more than one sport. The interesting bit is the EFL insisting groundshares use a hybrid or similar pitch.
Well let's examine this.

If as you say nobody can think of an instance where league club has shared with more than one sport, why mention it? I mean nobody can think of an instance where a football club has built an ornamental pool in the centre circle. Have the EFL issued a edict that League clubs must not build such pools in their centre circles?

I must say that I am glad I had finished my breakfast before I read your latest little effort. Dogs sniffing turds in the park. Really you are such a potty mouth. Still I suppose when you run out of arguments. Although such self loathing is not healthy, presumably if you regard me as dog doing the sniffing you regard yourself as the turd being sniffed. :shock: