Re: Worried?

But he’s a total egotistical knob. A number of times he’s ranted at Vale fans only to subsequently claim to have his Twitter account hacked, he’s alleged he got beaten up by Vale fans outside the ground, he promised to sack the manager after a cup defeat at Exeter (but didn’t). He’s a loon.

jollysuperstar wrote:AGB
"few more on the inbound flight"
How about 1 to start with?
Worried - 100%

Ben T & Big Frank gone for better pay days.
Labs holding out for more cash elsewhere but if we keep him we could be paying for a long time crock who may never get back to previous levels.
Best loanee ever in Ben W imo with 6 assists also.
How do you find an equivalent.
Super sub again how do you find another.
Fortune we got from the cup has all but gone.
Doubt if the budget will be on a par with last year.
Not a sniff of a signing.
If Padraig goes to Vale we need a 6 figure fee otherwise its a total farce.
No money to attract anybody decent.
Crocks, Journeymen plus the odd trialist is what we are looking forward too.
Few Morgans, Bignotts and Hayes possibly
Hope I am 100% incorrect.
Seriously unless a few miracles come our way we are in the brown stuff
Did I hear at the meeting the shop would be shut for all July due to the move.
if so little revenue coming in
Lots of silly threads on here recently (people are bored) but this thread is the one contributors should be looking at..
If you had listened at the last meeting,it was stated that the club was in a healthy position financially but didn't want to blow the cup money in one season and have to rely on selling a player or another cup run to balance the books.The "fortune" isn't gone.Alex told us that the shop was being moved back to where it started,in the rugby shop,but had to close from early June to the start of July for an upgrade.It has also been announced on the club website.Why try to scaremonger Jollysuperharp?

Percy head in the sand Plunket
Firstly I am virtually totally deaf in my right ear and have 50/50 in my left.
Alex said the shop would be shut for a month apologies as it was for all of June not July.
Pedantic but that's okay but no funds throughout June.
Have attended every meeting since the inaugural Riverside meet.
Asked at least one question on every occasion.
Have a lot more than one £50 share plus season ticket already bought.
How dare you say I am scaremongering.
Get on well with Gavin, Shaun, Rob, Kevin & Ryan.
Do not really know the rest.
Shaun stated we had £40 K in the bank at the last meeting.
The fortune has gone fact.
Believe what you want Percy.
We are heading in my humble opinion for worrying times.
What I said above is my opinion.
My username is Jolly Superstar not Jolly superharps.
Tit for tat as I will just call you Ostrich from now on.
Like I said really hope I am wrong.
You are bang out of order Percy as I do not scaremonger I just state what I think.
Why do you think as previously promised the profit was not put in a separate account.
Simple most has now gone

jollysuperstar wrote:Percy head in the sand Plunket
Alex said the shop would be shut for a month apologies as it was for all of June not July.
You are bang out of order Percy as I do not scaremonger I just state what I think.
Why do you think as previously promised the profit was not put in a separate account.
Simple most has now gone
You are correct,Shaun did say there is 40k in the bank.That is the Trust account not the club account.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Simple most has now gone
You are correct,Shaun did say there is 40k in the bank.That is the Trust account not the club account.

Here is my idea to resolve this.

I confess that the financial position of Newport County, is beyond me. With it's Trust, the club itself and it's form for dissembling 'Great news we've cleared our historical debt'. 'Do ya mean by that you paid off our creditors by borrowing from someone else?' 'Oh dear we were hoping you wouldn't see that Stan. :oops:

So why don't the board simply say? 'Shareholders, this is how much we need to be competitive, can you help?' That has a chance of working.

Saying simply, You're not giving us enough of your hard earned won't suffice. I know unsolicited advice tends to rankle but believe me I offer it in good faith. Unless you say how much money you need and why you have absolutely no chance of getting it.

theale wrote:Alan gavin Bryant you are bankrupting our club,I have many questions for you and ward,both need removing from the county board asap.
lord evan morgan jones
lord tredegar
Shame you never ask them when you get the opportunity to do so?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:I confess that the financial position of Newport County, is beyond me. With it's Trust, the club itself and it's form for dissembling 'Great news we've cleared our historical debt'. 'Do ya mean by that you paid off our creditors by borrowing from someone else?' 'Oh dear we were hoping you wouldn't see that Stan. :oops:

So why don't the board simply say? 'Shareholders, this is how much we need to be competitive, can you help?' That has a chance of working.

Saying simply, You're not giving us enough of your hard earned won't suffice. I know unsolicited advice tends to rankle but believe me I offer it in good faith. Unless you say how much money you need and why you have absolutely no chance of getting it.
While hunting around for evidence of Amond being on his way to Port Vale (couldn't find any, but maybe that's down to ineptitude) I read that in 2016/17 Vale made a profit of almost half a million pounds. They got relegated, like, but I was surprised that they didn't lose a shedload of cash like everyone else seems to.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
Simple most has now gone

Here is my idea to resolve this.

I confess that the financial position of Newport County, is beyond me. With it's Trust, the club itself and it's form for dissembling 'Great news we've cleared our historical debt'. 'Do ya mean by that you paid off our creditors by borrowing from someone else?' 'Oh dear we were hoping you wouldn't see that Stan. :oops:

The club have kind of let it slip that £30,000 a year is generated by the Trust and £100,000 is required for the system to be viable.
Nothing has been done about sorting this out, presumably because of the fans' consultation they have launched.
Seems to me that we are losing valuable time to get people onside with the Trust model and contributing at the required level.
Makes me wonder whether some of the board have given up.

I would imagine that the results of that survey were drastically different to what they had imagined, and as a result focus is now elsewhere (i.e. trying to find an ownership structure that will enable us to succeed at this level).