Re: Tweet from Flynn

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:"Just to stop some rumours gathering the club has not had any bids for @padraigamond21 I’m trying to sign good players not let them go"
This will upset a lot of people.

Michael Flynn's quote that the club hasn't received any offers for Padraig. Not the same as Newport County will not sell Amond. Not the same as Newport County are unaware of any interest in Amond. It also begs the question why this particular message board rumour is worthy of comment when others aren't?

In fact if you wanted to fuel speculation you really couldn't have done a better job. As per Sir Humphrey Appleton's famous dictum 'never believe a rumour until it is officially denied'. By the way, every single player we have is for sale. That is true of every player in the UK.

For me there are two possibilities. Firstly Flynn is trying to keep Amond and this is a coded message to the board of directors. Secondly Flynn has let his mouth run away with him, the rumour was dead, it isn't now.
No doubt you were trying to provoke a reaction but your comment really is pedantic.

Snowman wrote:I find it ironic that a common theme on this message board is that the club doesn't communicate to supporters enough. Then when MF sends out a tweet people get triggered saying he shouldn't do that

Totally bizarre isn't it? Two weeks after an open meeting which nearly every director attended some people are still moaning about lack of communication when there is not anything to communicate.

Snowman wrote:I find it ironic that a common theme on this message board is that the club doesn't communicate to supporters enough. Then when MF sends out a tweet people get triggered saying he shouldn't do that

+1^^^

I think the message was to stop the rumours be a bit more at ease. I know he has the job he has but let’s not forget he is still a fan too and wants the best for the club