Re: Wales v Russia at Spytty Park

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Apparently derived from the welsh word for hospital i.e ysbyty. Allegedly a isolation hospital was located in the area in the middle ages by monks. Plague sufferers, Lepers perhaps ?
You're right. The name comes from the Latin word for hospital which is very similar to the Welsh word "ysbyty" which is derived from the Latin original. But the word was applied to a place of rest for travellers rather than a place for people who are ill. A place of hospitality if you like. Spytty is near the medieval Ridgeway which pilgrims travelling to St David's used. The monastery was at Goldcliff. Virtually no trace of it remains.

Exile 1976 wrote:Fair play, that Fishlock is having a great game. She'd walk into our midfield...
Are you serious!!!

Not one player on that pitch would "walk" into any Football League side...or any semi/pro side playing in any league in this country....get a grip man!

Nice to see Wales women doing well and good luck to them but on a par with men's footy...no chance.

russia wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Fair play, that Fishlock is having a great game. She'd walk into our midfield...
Are you serious!!!

Not one player on that pitch would "walk" into any Football League side...or any semi/pro side playing in any league in this country....get a grip man!

Nice to see Wales women doing well and good luck to them but on a par with men's footy...no chance.

No I'm not serious you idiot.
Last edited by Exile 1976 on June 12th, 2018, 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Exile 1976 wrote:
russia wrote:
Are you serious!!!

Think i'll say my last on the forum...you are a total prick !!!!
Judging by your posts on here...yes,you probably were serious!!!
Haven't got a clue ....spouting off on a faceless forum ...pm me dummy and anytime ..know do one dick head!

russia wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
russia wrote:
Are you serious!!!

Think i'll say my last on the forum...you are a total prick !!!!
Judging by your posts on here...yes,you probably were serious!!!
Haven't got a clue ....spouting off on a faceless forum ...pm me dummy and anytime ..know do one dick head!

Hahahaha, what an idiot.

*now not know