Perhaps one of the moderators could explain

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Perhaps one of the moderators could explain

Postby Stan A. Einstein » June 13th, 2018, 9:01 am

Not football or County related, so on this part of the board. I am perplexed and would appreciate very much if one of the moderators could explain to me and every one else a difficulty I have. My own personal view is that nobody should be banned from this board for what they say. However I don't make the rules and am happy to accept them. My problem is that I simply fail to understand how these rules are applied.

Why is it that I received a two week ban for calling someone a perfect idiot whilst George Street Bridge can liken me to a 'dog sniffing a turd in a park' without sanction?

Perhaps it's me. Perhaps I have gone mad. I mean perhaps being called a perfect idiot is far more offensive than being called a dog sniffing a turd in the park.

Or then again......... :grin:
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Perhaps one of the moderators could explain

Postby pembsexile » June 13th, 2018, 10:27 am

Brendan, I am as perplexed as you on this one. I dont really understand as to why your own situation has panned out this way.

Many weeks ago I emailed Admin after he said if people need reasons as to why Harps was banned they could PM him and he would explain. Two emails to him later and still nothing. What is the point of making a promise when you don't back it up. They don't care, they don't listen and they are an unholy law answerable only to themselves. They do a excellent job in generally administrating this board, but in Policing it, they are awful in my opinion.
User

JonD

Corridor of Uncertainty

Postby JonD » June 13th, 2018, 10:46 am

On the naughty step with you two!!

To assist with the smooth running of the website, moderator decisions should not be debated publicly on the forum.

"should not"? That's a bit wishy washy.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Postby pembsexile » June 13th, 2018, 11:22 am

JonD wrote:On the naughty step with you two!!

To assist with the smooth running of the website, moderator decisions should not be debated publicly on the forum.

I take your point Jon but my issue was with Admin (Jackorias). He was the one who made the promise, I asked and he didn't comply.
no avatar
User

whoareya

Postby whoareya » June 14th, 2018, 4:52 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Perhaps it's me. Perhaps I have gone mad.

Penny finally dropped
User

Jack - Admin

Rank

Administrator

Postby Jack - Admin » June 14th, 2018, 5:18 pm

No reports in on that matter. To bring these things to our attention, using the report button helps muchly.
User

Jack - Admin

Rank

Administrator

Postby Jack - Admin » June 14th, 2018, 5:21 pm

pembsexile wrote:Brendan, I am as perplexed as you on this one. I dont really understand as to why your own situation has panned out this way.

Many weeks ago I emailed Admin after he said if people need reasons as to why Harps was banned they could PM him and he would explain. Two emails to him later and still nothing. What is the point of making a promise when you don't back it up. They don't care, they don't listen and they are an unholy law answerable only to themselves. They do a excellent job in generally administrating this board, but in Policing it, they are awful in my opinion.

On the Harps matter; not just one but numerous accounts were created to dodge a ban and from what I can remember I had received reports about unsavoury private messages.

Did you send them to the Admin account or me?
User

Jack - Admin

Rank

Administrator

Postby Jack - Admin » June 14th, 2018, 5:22 pm

JonD wrote:On the naughty step with you two!!

We like to have a bit of transparency and make people feel that they can comment on goings on should they like though private message enquiries are invariably preferred.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Postby pembsexile » June 14th, 2018, 5:53 pm

Jackorias wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Brendan, I am as perplexed as you on this one. I dont really understand as to why your own situation has panned out this way.

On the Harps matter; not just one but numerous accounts were created to dodge a ban and from what I can remember I had received reports about unsavoury private messages.

Thanks for responding Jack.
The Team info' says that you and Admin are the same person. I was a bit confused because I still have an unopened email to Admin about a previous ban to someone else dated 29/3/15.
Anyway, I sent an email to you on 11/4/18. This was the one about Harps.
User

Jack - Admin

Rank

Administrator

Postby Jack - Admin » June 14th, 2018, 11:36 pm

pembsexile wrote:
Jackorias wrote:

Thanks for responding Jack.
The Team info' says that you and Admin are the same person. I was a bit confused because I still have an unopened email to Admin about a previous ban to someone else dated 29/3/15.
Anyway, I sent an email to you on 11/4/18. This was the one about Harps.

Sorry matey, I think because my inbox was full (having recently deleted a few to make room for new messages), the server must have just not placed your message into my inbox.

The admin account is the old admin's account from years and years ago (Dave) and is now a dormant account. I keep it there just in case my own account malfunctions so that I can retain access to the admin control panel if need be. That being said, it hasn't been accessed in years and years.

Many apologies.