Re: News regarding ex County players

Bush wrote:Ravel Morrison has publically said his career at West Ham Stalled when Big Sam kept asking him to join his son's agency but he refused. Not saying our own manager would do that but why put ourselves in that position by continually using this firm.

People questioned the loan signings of Collins and Osadebe last season. What we don't know is whether two other players who could have made an impact with us were not chosen because of who represented them.

The Reynolds deal highlights this awkward arrangement. Not only was he not good enough for him but he then moves to a manager of another Elite Management client who was at a club that Reynolds should never have joined.

Alan Bryant will try and brush this off and say this is me having a go at the board when infact I have been vocal since a previous board brought Nathan blake into the club. I feel strongly that we shouldn't be bringing an agency too close to the club. Having potentially 8 of their clients on our book at one time is way too much and gives them a greater influence on this club than possibly even our board realise.

I want to see the best players we can possibly afford at Newport County. I don't want to be a club where a football agency can drop off clients they cant get a club for.
Brilliantly argued. Agree with everything you say. Perhaps the only thing I would add is that you don't need to be a particularly sensitive dog to realize that this turd stinks.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Bush wrote:Ravel Morrison has publically said his career at West Ham Stalled when Big Sam kept asking him to join his son's agency but he refused. Not saying our own manager would do that but why put ourselves in that position by continually using this firm.

People questioned the loan signings of Collins and Osadebe last season. What we don't know is whether two other players who could have made an impact with us were not chosen because of who represented them.

The Reynolds deal highlights this awkward arrangement. Not only was he not good enough for him but he then moves to a manager of another Elite Management client who was at a club that Reynolds should never have joined.

Alan Bryant will try and brush this off and say this is me having a go at the board when infact I have been vocal since a previous board brought Nathan blake into the club. I feel strongly that we shouldn't be bringing an agency too close to the club. Having potentially 8 of their clients on our book at one time is way too much and gives them a greater influence on this club than possibly even our board realise.

I want to see the best players we can possibly afford at Newport County. I don't want to be a club where a football agency can drop off clients they cant get a club for.
Brilliantly argued. Agree with everything you say. Perhaps the only thing I would add is that you don't need to be a particularly sensitive dog to realize that this turd stinks.

Why ? What stinks ?

The converse argument is that Ravel
(as many allude to ) was disruptive and unmanageable. Sam was probably trying to help him, if indeed there was any truth in the rumour. Is he still blaming Sam for being awful at Cardiff years later?

As for Collins and Osadebe were they both not known to Hatswell and Flynn so why cynical? Or do you think the management team had an ulterior motive?

Frank we know is not with elite management so that leaves Amond, not a problem for me I have to admit, but if you think he is not worth it, so be it.

I presume by your closing paragraph you are not happy with the squad and progression this year?

Alan G Bryant wrote:

(as many allude to ) was disruptive and unmanageable. Sam was probably trying to help him, if indeed there was any truth in the rumour. Is he still blaming Sam for being awful at Cardiff years later?

As for Collins and Osadebe were they both not known to Hatswell and Flynn so why cynical? Or do you think the management team had an ulterior motive?

Frank we know is not with elite management so that leaves Amond, not a problem for me I have to admit, but if you think he is not worth it, so be it.

I presume by your closing paragraph you are not happy with the squad and progression this year?
Totally missing the point again and using deflection tactics.

I will spell it out again.... I do not want an agency having such a big say in my club.

I don’t want to question every time the manager signs an elite management player whether we are signing him because he’s the best available or because the managers agent has said have a look at this player.

You bring up last season and ask me whether I was happy with the progression and you only have to look back at what I said at end of season that I think we had a really good season. But to throw it back to you in January when we were in a great position to push on and we ended up signing two players from the agency who literally made no impact for us. What if we hadn’t signed those players and signed players who could have made an impact for us?

More alarming though is how much of the 19k spent on agents went to them? And especially how much went to them over Reynolds which is simply one of the strangest signings we have ever made. We are led to believe that the manager/scouts went to the Jamie vardy school and picked out a player who was the client of the agency heavily linked with us. Did we scout him or were we going on the basis of what the agency said? If so why offer him a two year contract when it has been proven he isn’t good enough for conference level.

I think your last paragraph will prove to be correct.
I would guess that our signings in the summer will come from clubs such as Peterborough, Yeovil, etc where we have had players from in the past. I have also said before that I find it interesting that when players leave us they tend to migrate to clubs where other ex-County players have gone.

Bush wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:

Totally missing the point again and using deflection tactics.

I will spell it out again.... I do not want an agency having such a big say in my club.

I don’t want to question every time the manager signs an elite management player whether we are signing him because he’s the best available or because the managers agent has said have a look at this player.

You bring up last season and ask me whether I was happy with the progression and you only have to look back at what I said at end of season that I think we had a really good season. But to throw it back to you in January when we were in a great position to push on and we ended up signing two players from the agency who literally made no impact for us. What if we hadn’t signed those players and signed players who could have made an impact for us?

More alarming though is how much of the 19k spent on agents went to them? And especially how much went to them over Reynolds which is simply one of the strangest signings we have ever made. We are led to believe that the manager/scouts went to the Jamie vardy school and picked out a player who was the client of the agency heavily linked with us. Did we scout him or were we going on the basis of what the agency said? If so why offer him a two year contract when it has been proven he isn’t good enough for conference level.
You win some you lose some , just out of interest, who is Connor Washingtons agent and how did we do out of that recommendation?

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Bush wrote:So you are now admitting that a football agency is scouting players for us? Wow! That’s a staggering admission and very worrying for the club. No wonder you supported the 19k we spent to them!
You did not answer my question
We did very well out of that deal alternatively by allowing this agency to have so much control over so many players and management in this club we also stood no chance of making any money off two valuable players in Jackson and Byrne who ended up at clubs associated to their agents.

Bush wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
Bush wrote:So you are now admitting that a football agency is scouting players for us? Wow! That’s a staggering admission and very worrying for the club. No wonder you supported the 19k we spent to them!
You did not answer my question
We did very well out of that deal alternatively by allowing this agency to have so much control over so many players and management in this club we also stood no chance of making any money off two valuable players in Jackson and Byrne who ended up at clubs associated to their agents.

Both Jackson & Byrne wanted to leave though? Let us be honest , who can blame them , the club was hardly in a stable position at the time.