Re: Our future

We probably should have let risdale take over the club after Les. Atleast he would have been actively looking for future investment instead of our board at the time not trusting anyone else being involved and having this fairytale dream of Newport county being a trust run club.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Developing NGR's last two posts, an idea. I agree with Ms Parsons by the way.

Vice President's club. Every perk that we can imagine. Interview in a match programme. Super seat in the stand. Coffee and biscuits at half time. A chance for the well healed County supporter to have the opportunity to show off a bit. £1,000. Membership limited to 100. Vice President's Company membership. As above but eight seats, plus full page add in the programme. £10,000 limited to ten companies. A chance for Gwent based small and medium sized companies to sponsor and raise their profile.

If you could do that it's £200,000 pa.

By all means feel free to improve upon the idea
Really good suggestions imho and would give us a good foundation while still continuing to encourage trust members to make a regular contribution, I hope someone at the club is working to achieve your idea or similar. It shouldn’t be too hard to achieve , after all I retired a long time ago but manage 100 club membership at about £400 a year for nothing but a programme and shelter on a winter night, so a grand for a working guy to get a Vice Presidents ticket should be saleable surely?
The club should be flogging these like hot cakes.

newgroundrodney wrote:CTY74 wrote:

"What I recall Tan became involved with City as part of a consortium led by Dato Chan Tien Ghee who was attracted to the club by Peter Ridsdale in 2010. The sale of Ninian Park and the building of CCS came a few years before Tan arrived at the club.

NP was owned by Cardiff City FC but the land it was built on was on a long term lease from Cardiff City Council, again what I recall CCC donated the land under NP to the club along with the Leckwith Stadium and car park so that the club could build a new stadium on the provision the club builds/pays for a new athletic stadium near by and improve the road infrastructure around the stadium. Which was all done after NP was sold to Redrow for housing."
........................................................................................................................................................................................

So Tan comes into a Cardiff City where the CCS (2nd best ground I've ever been to by the way - love the place!) is already built. He takes over presumably with the Premier League as his goal. But with the higher level, comes higher wages etc, though admittedly higher attendances somewhat, and higher ticket prices perhaps, but there doesn't SEEM to be much more option to Tan to make money than any other middling football chaiman. In the light of that, with no stadium in place, I can't see how Newport County are going to attract anyone if that investor's first outlay is going to be £15M to build a ground......unless we get REALLY lucky!
Watching it unfold as I did & in my opinion yes Tan's goal was the Premier League & making City an established PL team so he could then promote, sell the image rights and merchandise etc of the club to the Malaysian/South East Asia market as he'd seen how big the PL was in Asia & how much the PL clubs could make in Asia
Tan is not a football man he's a business man hence his ill-fated attempt to change the colours to red which is seen to be lucky & more favourable in South East Asia, when this didn't work out he significantly reduced his investment in the club & his decisions divided the club hence the in fighting & the disastrous first season in the PL. As it stands I believe the club owes him somewhere around £160m maybe with better understanding & a united club he will be able to sell the club to the Asian market!!

Bush wrote:We probably should have let risdale take over the club after Les. Atleast he would have been actively looking for future investment instead of our board at the time not trusting anyone else being involved and having this fairytale dream of Newport county being a trust run club.
I think he's at Preston in some sort of advisor role at present maybe somebody should give him a call??

Bush wrote:We probably should have let risdale take over the club after Les. Atleast he would have been actively looking for future investment instead of our board at the time not trusting anyone else being involved and having this fairytale dream of Newport county being a trust run club.
Wow , on what grounds should we just have let Ridsdale take over, was it his tenure at Leeds United that seen him offload £50m worth of talent yet still leave the club £72m in debt , the collossal management pay offs or the extornotiate goldfish costs?

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Wow , on what grounds should we just have let Ridsdale take over, was it his tenure at Leeds United that seen him offload £50m worth of talent yet still leave the club £72m in debt , the collossal management pay offs or the extornotiate goldfish costs?
Have to agree with Alan on this. Ridsdale is exactly the type that convinces me that the trust model is the way forward.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Also saved Cardiff.

Bush wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
Also saved Cardiff.

Really, how? by brokering a deal with Vincent Tan that has left Cardiff City well over a £100m in debt.

I am more intrigued though as to why you advocate that we should have just given our football club to a man that has no affiliation to Newport and who, due to financial irregularities was in the middle of a 7 year ban from being a company director?

County#9 wrote:Alan I agree Risdale would have been a bad option but why does anybody need to have an affiliation with Newport to takeover ?

They do not , but perhaps you misunderstood the context.
Why would a businessman with no affiliation to Newport want to take over a league 2 club laden with debt and no tangible assets?

Alan G Bryant wrote:
County#9 wrote:Alan I agree Risdale would have been a bad option but why does anybody need to have an affiliation with Newport to takeover ?

Why would a businessman with no affiliation to Newport want to take over a league 2 club laden with debt and no tangible assets?
I get the no tangible assets bit, but are we "laden with debt"?..... at the last meeting we were told words to the effect of: "the only person we really owe money to as such is Les"....

newgroundrodney wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:

I get the no tangible assets bit, but are we "laden with debt"?..... at the last meeting we were told words to the effect of: "the only person we really owe money to as such is Les"....
Was thinking the same, maybe Alan can tell us about all this debt were laden with