Re: Our future

whoareya wrote:
Bush wrote:Risdale would have looked for investors. Since Tan arrived they have been in premier league twice and he is in control of the debt.
You ignored the bit about his disqualification as a director.

Risdale asset strips and gambles that he can attract investors before it all goes pop. Cardiff would have gone the same as Leeds if Tan didn't arrive when he did. He's got it wrong more times than he's got it right.

You've slated Les's impact on the club, especially the way he left, but then applauded CB for attracting him and now say you'd have another 'Les'/'Tan' controlling the club.

You say Tan is in control of the debt? Do you mean Tan tolerates the debt and continues to subsidise the club, until he walks away or sells up when they get relegated again next May?
Ok brightspark point out where I have praised Chris bright for bringing les to the club?

newgroundrodney wrote: It's 14 minutes by train, 20-30 mins by car, and 45-60 mins by bus..... a slight inconvenience,but surely better than: Edgar Street, Forest Green, Cheltenham, Bristol, and the like?....
I hope we don't have to leave RP, but we need to look at alternatives. Not to include Cardiff in those options, would be completely irresponsible in view of its closer proximity to Newport than any other realistic option.

I ask again, has anyone even ASKED whether we could go back to Newport Stadium to play?....who knows, they mightn't even want us there again.
You keep missing the point about your Cardiff idea.........it's Cardiff !!!
Anyone with any sense of passion and rivalry wouldn't go anywhere near a groundshare with them, that's regardless of them probably laughing at the prospect anyway.

The Newport Stadium question is easier - if our Rodney Parade tenure comes to end - we will not be going anywhere other than there.
We've got a Board member that also sits on the Board of Newport Live - the Trust set up to manage Newport City Council's basket case, loss making leisure assets, which includes the Newport Stadium.

Newport Live would love to get us in there. It would be their prized deliverable in what must be a money pit.

People need to look around the Spytty area and see the development that has occurred since we left - the housing along the Usk, the housing on the Llanwern steel works site, the infrastructure is improved.

It's not the wasteland it was ten years ago.

Bush wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Bush wrote:Risdale would have looked for investors. Since Tan arrived they have been in premier league twice and he is in control of the debt.
You ignored the bit about his disqualification as a director.

Risdale asset strips and gambles that he can attract investors before it all goes pop. Cardiff would have gone the same as Leeds if Tan didn't arrive when he did. He's got it wrong more times than he's got it right.

You've slated Les's impact on the club, especially the way he left, but then applauded CB for attracting him and now say you'd have another 'Les'/'Tan' controlling the club.

You say Tan is in control of the debt? Do you mean Tan tolerates the debt and continues to subsidise the club, until he walks away or sells up when they get relegated again next May?
Ok brightspark point out where I have praised Chris bright for bringing les to the club?
My mistake, that was rncfc - sorry about that.

What about the Risdale and Tan points?

whoareya wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote: It's 14 minutes by train, 20-30 mins by car, and 45-60 mins by bus..... a slight inconvenience,but surely better than: Edgar Street, Forest Green, Cheltenham, Bristol, and the like?....
I hope we don't have to leave RP, but we need to look at alternatives. Not to include Cardiff in those options, would be completely irresponsible in view of its closer proximity to Newport than any other realistic option.

I ask again, has anyone even ASKED whether we could go back to Newport Stadium to play?....who knows, they mightn't even want us there again.
Anyone with any sense of passion and rivalry wouldn't go anywhere near a groundshare with them, that's regardless of them probably laughing at the prospect anyway.

The Newport Stadium question is easier - if our Rodney Parade tenure comes to end - we will not be going anywhere other than there.
We've got a Board member that also sits on the Board of Newport Live - the Trust set up to manage Newport City Council's basket case, loss making leisure assets, which includes the Newport Stadium.

Newport Live would love to get us in there. It would be their prized deliverable in what must be a money pit.

People need to look around the Spytty area and see the development that has occurred since we left - the housing along the Usk, the housing on the Llanwern steel works site, the infrastructure is improved.

..................................................................................
I may be mistaken, and I stress may be mistaken, but didn't Kevin Ward say something like : " I would have no part in discussions between Newport Live & Newport County AFC due to any perceived conflict of interest".....?

newgroundrodney wrote:
whoareya wrote:

..................................................................................
I may be mistaken, and I stress may be mistaken, but didn't Kevin Ward say something like : " I would have no part in discussions between Newport Live & Newport County AFC due to any perceived conflict of interest".....?
Yes, words to that effect, in the context of direct input, but why would that hinder Newport Live and the County reaching a mutually beneficial outcome?

whoareya wrote:

"Yes, words to that effect, in the context of direct input, but why would that hinder Newport Live and the County reaching a mutually beneficial outcome? "
.........................................................................................

I'm not saying it would, I'm just not sure in light of what he said, whether he'd be ANY part in any such meetings/discussions. That's for Kevin to decide I guess, but I don't see him as a "trump card" for want of a better expression.

disqualification as a director.

You say Tan is in control of the debt? Do you mean Tan tolerates the debt and continues to subsidise the club, until he walks away or sells up when they get relegated again next May?[/quote]

Ok brightspark point out where I have praised Chris bright for bringing les to the club?[/quote]

My mistake, that was rncfc - sorry about that.

What about the Risdale and Tan points?[/quote]

Risdale raised the funds to build the new stadium!

newgroundrodney wrote:whoareya wrote:

"Yes, words to that effect, in the context of direct input, but why would that hinder Newport Live and the County reaching a mutually beneficial outcome? "
.........................................................................................

I'm not saying it would, I'm just not sure in light of what he said, whether he'd be ANY part in any such meetings/discussions. That's for Kevin to decide I guess, but I don't see him as a "trump card" for want of a better expression.
What about your perpetual Cardiff ground share idea - apart from you living there - do you understand why, for most County supporting Newportonians, it would be unpalatable?

whoareya wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:whoareya wrote:

What about your perpetual Cardiff ground share idea - apart from you living there - do you understand why, for most County supporting Newportonians, it would be unpalatable?

Kind of in a way, but I do think of such attitudes as outdated. They'd rather go up to Hereford, where they'll still run the gauntlet of the local mob, than go just 14 mins down the train line.
I like CCS, but my belief in not ruling it out, is given as a Newport FAN, not a Cardiff RESIDENT.......if it's affordable, and allowable, it would be a great option in my view. We may eve pick some extra fans up. Not every Cardiff fan hates Newport Co.

What would be a great help if we had some idea what the rent for Rodney Parade is at this moment in time. And maybe what the agreement was before The WRU took control of Rodney Parade. Then as a group of people sit down and work out what happens next. For instance raising money to pay for the rent at least for the next two seasons. That will give us a bit of time to have an open meeting not at Rodney Parade but at The Riverfront Theatre so more people can attend. It's ok talking on here about it. But we need an open meeting and the Directors need to be as open as possible more transparent and what have been agreed with the WRU concerning the use of Rodney Parade.

Newport stadium is always going to be inferior while there is a running track there. So any ideas how we get round this ? My suggestion would be to cut the ground off at the gates at the right hand side that's looking at it from car park and let Athletics club use that area. You could use the raised grass area to give them extra space It would give them less space but do they need all the space they have now.

old ironside wrote:Newport stadium is always going to be inferior while there is a running track there. So any ideas how we get round this ? My suggestion would be to cut the ground off at the gates at the right hand side that's looking at it from car park and let Athletics club use that area. You could use the raised grass area to give them extra space It would give them less space but do they need all the space they have now.
Don’t they need the running track for a start? As long as that’s there, it’s a non-starter.