fao Bob Bassett

I seem to recall you mentioning, once or twice, problems with your parking permit at RP. The following appeared on the club website today and may be of interest to you:-
You may have seen the recent appointment of Colin Faulkner as the Club's Disability Access Officer. As his first point of action in the role, Colin would like to bring the following information around Free Assistant Tickets and Accessibly Parking Applications to your attention. Please find all the information below.

The recent Emirates FA Cup run put the Club's ticketing systems under more pressure than it had endured in the Club’s recent history and, as a result, highlighted some areas of the ticketing system that needed improving. One of the points highlighted was a breakdown in “capturing information relevant to disabled supporters” and how the club could provide them with assistance to enjoy their matchday.

Due to new GDPR laws coming into effect last month, and our reason change of Ticket Systems, information held about disabled supporters cannot be migrated from past seasons. Therefore, the Club are taking the opportunity to begin again and ensure that accurate and relevant information is stored to improve the matchday experience.

The club will also be looking to work with Swansea City to replicate their service enable disabled supporters to purchase their tickets online. With this in mind, ALL disabled supporters that require a free assistant will need to register their details again before they can use the concession and have the access to the online system when it is in place.

We appreciate that some would have only just have produced information recently, but this is in the best interests of supporters. You will not then be asked to produce the evidence again until your DWP Award or other evidence you provide expires. Ideally the club wouldn’t ask for evidence; however, there have been incidents of people trying to take advantage of the concession when they do not require it and therefore to ensure that those who do require this added assistance receive it, we ask you to co-operate with this application system.

This registration started with those people who have renewed Season Tickets for the 2018/19 season and is now open for all other supporters who may need assistance at a match. Support will be available to help fill the details in on the relevant paperwork if required. To request an appointment, please contact the club’s Disabled Access Officer via email at dao.newportcounty@gmail.com. If you would prefer for someone to come to your home to assist you with your application, we can look into that also.

Accessible Parking Applications will also be processed through this form. No agreements for parking from last season will automatically carry over to 2018/19. The form can be found on our 2018/19 Season Ticket Page here: www.newport-county.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets.

Examples of how to complete the forms are below:
Click here for an example of a completed Accessibility Form

Click here for an example of a completed Disabled Supporter Season Ticket Form

Click here for an example of a completed Assistant Season Ticket Form

Please note:
When applying for a Season Ticket an additional application form for your Assistant will be required.
Acceptance of the application is not a guarantee of a parking space.

Re: fao Bob Bassett

UPTHEPORT wrote:
The Newport wrote:
big baz wrote:Was that written by a 5 year old? Littered with mistakes
Could you please tell us how it should've d been written?
It

There you go son.
Thanks for that Daddy. But I don't quite understand please explain Daddy?
Said with an American accent.

I must say I am a bit of a Bad English Nazi (not that it stops me making mistakes of my own, like). I once worked with a guy who had begun as a lowly finance clerk but following a meteoric rise through the ranks he soon became the head honcho. I, stuck in the same job for years, used to console myself with the thought that he couldn't spell for toffee. Mwahahahaha.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Can't help but feel that the important thing here is that the relevant information is given to the people who need it.

Reason for recent and the odd split infinitive I can live with.

Yes me too, I think the point big baz is trying to make is that despite now having 12 board members the club are still making mistakes.

The Newport wrote:
Correctly would have been a start or get someone to proof read it. This is a multi million pound business not an ice cream van.

big baz wrote:
The Newport wrote:
Correctly would have been a start or get someone to proof read it. This is a multi million pound business not an ice cream van.
I agree , it is just not acceptable. You just cannot run a successful multi million pound business and make spelling mistakes.

Manchester Evening News 2017

Michael Carrick has been honoured with a testimonial after 11 years service at Manchester United - but the official teamsheet got his name wrong.

The midfielder, who captained the United 2008 XI, was listed as Michael Carrtick in the line-up.

However, he was in good company, with former Real Madrid and Inter Milan legend Clarence Seedorf listed as Clarence Seadorf.

This is a good one, how incompetent are these clubs?

SHEFFIELD UNITED endured an embarrassing blunder by misspelling their own name wrong on their official calendar.
The Blades stocked the calendar on their shelves before somebody had noticed ‘SHEFIELD UNITED FC’ written on the back.

Crikey, and another ice cream van.

Marko Arnautovic continued his red-hot form as he struck a late brace to put the Hammers 3-2 in front before Callum Wilson rescued a point for the hosts in stoppage time.

But whoever was responsible for preparing Arnautovic's matchday shirt spelt his name wrong. The Austria international took to the field with the letters across his back spelling out 'Arnoutovic'.
Last edited by Alan G Bryant on June 15th, 2018, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alan G Bryant wrote:And another,

EFL spell Anthony Knockaert's name wrong on his Championship Player of the Year trophy
The blunder was spotted by an engraver after Knockaert collected his trophy at the EFL awards
Back in the 1970's there was an Irish rugby international player by the name of Colm Tucker. Unfortunately for an international game v France the French programme spelled his surname with an 'F'.