The only show in town.

Let's draw a line. Lunchtime 2nd July 2018.
-------------- :grin: little joke there. But from now on a really serious post.

Unless the directors of Newport County have completely lost their senses they must realize that there is only one option.

They enter talks with Newport City Council with one goal in mind. The only way to save our club is for Newport City Council to buy Rodney Parade. Having done so they let the stadium to both Newport County and the premier rugby team in the town.

I suspect that this has already begun. I would hope so. It is my view that the Council will need to be lobbied as to why such an action and expenditure will be good for the followers of both codes and generally for the good folk of our beloved Newport.

To lobby effectively we all need to be involved. Letters to councillors, the press, a media campaign. Full on 100% commitment. It really is now or never. I am tired of being embarrassed by my town. Tired of listening to the same old voices telling us why we can't go forward. I truly believe that there is now our best chance of creating for ourselves a better future. However I also believe that this might also be our last chance.

Time for Newport County AFC to come out and say what needs to be done and to embrace the supporters and ask us to be involved. Please don't use that old cliche of this being a delicate situation. After 30 years time for us all to show a bit of cohones.

Re: The only show in town.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Let's draw a line. Lunchtime 2nd July 2018.

Unless the directors of Newport County have completely lost their senses they must realize that there is only one option.

They enter talks with Newport City Council with one goal in mind. The only way to save our club is for Newport City Council to buy Rodney Parade. Having done so they let the stadium to both Newport County and the premier rugby team in the town.

I suspect that this has already begun. I would hope so. It is my view that the Council will need to be lobbied as to why such an action and expenditure will be good for the followers of both codes and generally for the good folk of our beloved Newport.

To lobby effectively we all need to be involved. Letters to councillors, the press, a media campaign. Full on 100% commitment. It really is now or never. I am tired of being embarrassed by my town. Tired of listening to the same old voices telling us why we can't go forward. I truly believe that there is now our best chance of creating for ourselves a better future. However I also believe that this might also be our last chance.

Time for Newport County AFC to come out and say what needs to be done and to embrace the supporters and ask us to be involved. Please don't use that old cliche of this being a delicate situation. After 30 years time for us all to show a bit of cohones.

The council buy a stadium and rent it out to us?.... We don't have the best of track records with Newport Council do we:

Somebody explain the comments at 11:54 - 13:05 ......

daftasfxxx wrote:I think NCC missed the boat,what where they thinking about when they let the wru buy it for a song, it will cost a lot more to crow bar their shifty mitts off it, though they do still holds some cards, as in denying planning permission etc
Your logic is correct. However you have missed the obvious point.

Being able to deny planning permission is not just any card, it is the ace of trumps.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:I think NCC missed the boat,what where they thinking about when they let the wru buy it for a song, it will cost a lot more to crow bar their shifty mitts off it, though they do still holds some cards, as in denying planning permission etc
Your logic is correct. However you have missed the obvious point.

Being able to deny planning permission is not just any card, it is the ace of trumps.
Could they deny planning permission just to be awkward?.. wouldn't they need to demonstrate sound reason for denying any application?

Please see page 2 at https://www.newport-county.co.uk/siteas ... .04.18.pdf

Colin Faulkner wrote:

Are the minutes of the June board meeting available yet?

EDITED: The May minutes say the next Board meeting is July 5th - is that a typo, or did the Board not meet in June?
Last edited by whoareya on July 2nd, 2018, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newport City Council had nothing whatsoever to do with the sale of RP. Existing Directors of Newport RFC were willing to sell only to the WRU as a means of retaining professional rugby in Newport.

Colin Faulkner wrote:

I hope you don't mind but what does the following mean "contracts for GDPR and Safeguarding compliance."?

The Newport wrote:
Colin Faulkner wrote:

I hope you don't mind but what does the following mean "contracts for GDPR and Safeguarding compliance."?
No problem at all.

An IT company has been subcontracted to ensure that we remain GDPR compliant at all times with all our data that is stored

The EFL requires a Safeguarding audit across the club including the Academy, CitC, volunteers etc. As you can imagine with recent events they need to ensure that anyone vulnerable is looked after correctly and that the club has processes etc in place to deal with any potential issues.

whoareya wrote:
Colin Faulkner wrote:

EDITED: The May minutes say the next Board meeting is July 5th - is that a typo, or did the Board not meet in June?
There was a meeting then and they’ll be out very soon. Apologies for the delay

Colin Faulkner wrote:
The Newport wrote:

No problem at all.

An IT company has been subcontracted to ensure that we remain GDPR compliant at all times with all our data that is stored

The EFL requires a Safeguarding audit across the club including the Academy, CitC, volunteers etc. As you can imagine with recent events they need to ensure that anyone vulnerable is looked after correctly and that the club has processes etc in place to deal with any potential issues.

****Starts countdown clock to 'someone' asking if the IT contract was tendered and what was the cost of the awarded contract****

whoareya wrote:
Colin Faulkner wrote:

Minutes now available at https://www.newport-county.co.uk/siteas ... .06.18.pdf

Let's put this to bed.

Let's just see if I can post up some very straightforward facts on which we can all agree. And let's start by accepting that regardless of past arguments everyone on here is united in wanting the best for Newport County.

Fact 1) There is a belief among certain supporters that the WRU are holding Newport County to ransom over payments for the use of Rodney Parade.

Fact 2) That belief may be true or it may be false.

Fact 3) If that belief is false then this speculation can only cause unnecessary damage to our club.

Fact 4) Everyone on this board hopes that the belief is wrong and would be delighted if it is unfounded.

Fact 5) Every director would want to do everything possible to stem anything which might damage our club.

Fact 6) There are four directors of Newport County who have posted under their own names on this board.

Fact 7) Everybody on this board would accept without question the word of any of those four directors.

Fact 8) Therefore if the speculation is not correct then I can think of no reason why the club simply don't quell that which is being said.