Re: Supporters'consultation on future ownership of club

I gather if there is a large opinion in the direction of abandoning the supporter funded model, it will go to a vote in which TRUST MEMBERS ONLY can take part. It will require a 'yes' vote of 75% or higher (out of the number of votes cast).
In every likelihood, voting will only be open to Trust members who were signed up before a given date - or at least that's how it should be.
So whether joining now would make any difference I don't know, but I did call upon people AT THE TIME to join up to secure their right to vote in the event of a qualifying date applying, which I hope it does.
If my calculations are anywhere near correct, we have around 500-600 fans who go to games but are not Trust members.
It's only a guess on my part, but I'd imagine Trust members would be in favour of the Trust model, which if true, to defeat it and overturn that into a 75% in favour of abandonment would be a huge swing in fans' opinion. One that could not be ignored.

flat4 wrote:I am sure Mr Penman will enlighten us all with his breaking insider news very soon.
:-)
Quite.

Along with Gavin considering his position. Nine months and waiting.

Labadie considering his position. Five months and waiting.

Interbet website. One week and waiting.

Club song?

Oh it's such a perfect day,
I'm glad I spent it with you,
Oh such a perfect day,
You just keep me hanging on,
You just keep me hanging on.

:lol:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
flat4 wrote:I am sure Mr Penman will enlighten us all with his breaking insider news very soon.
Quite.

Club song?

Oh such a perfect day,

Agree most appropriate song choice. Whilst appreciation the amber army, not quite sure they could master vocals?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Quite.

Club song?

Oh such a perfect day,

Agree most appropriate song choice. Whilst appreciating the amber army, not quite sure they could master the vocals?

neilcork68 wrote:

He is too busy looking for his brown tongue after having a bitch at anyone who posts on here who has a different view to the BOD or MF. He's at it again re Labadie :lol: :wink:
He is entitled to his view. I read the article. He doesn't seem to realize that two statements are contradictory. We should do everything we can to keep Labadie, is a perfectly logical position to take. However that position does not sit with nobody being bigger than the club.

In short if we grovel and beg Labadie not to leave us he is demonstrably bigger than the club. And make no mistake seeing Michael Flynn humiliated and debased is for me more damaging to County than telling Labadie to sling his hook.

Alan G Bryant wrote:I think the club and Flynn are doing the correct thing by Labadie. I guess it is just a case of whether supporters take the knee jerk short sighted view or the bigger picture.
Agree.

The shortsighted view being that we allow a player no matter how good to hold us to ransom, or the bigger picture that the club is always bigger than any individual.

Forgive me Alan, I always believed that you lacked self-awareness, but to publicly acknowledge that you are a short sighted knee-jerker shows a level of accurate self analysis which does you credit. :grin: