Informed sources tell me.

Josh Labadie has gone.

He will do his re-hab with Dagenham and Redbridge. And if/when recovered will turn out for them. It appears that if all goes to plan he will be joining Forest Green Rovers in the January transfer window.

This is known to Mike Flynn and others. Again whilst I trust my source, it is only one source and therefore should be treated with caution.

Re: Informed sources tell me.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Josh Labadie has gone.

He will do his re-hab with Dagenham and Redbridge. And if/when recovered will turn out for them. It appears that if all goes to plan he will be joining Forest Green Rovers in the January transfer window.

This is known to Mike Flynn and others. Again whilst I trust my source, it is only one source and therefore should be treated with caution.
So who'll pay him wages from Aug-Jan?

newgroundrodney wrote:

Not us.

newgroundrodney wrote:

Who cares? It won't be us.

If that’s the case it underlines the opinion I have of some footballers these days. Despite the hicks up the road being apparently unwilling to commit until his fitness is proved if the January transfer info is true, he’s willing to chance it to get a bigger payday. This despite the fact that we gave him his chance and further committed to support him during his recuperation and have been good with him throughout.
At least Flynn can now finalise his plans without him, perhaps we’ll be better off without him long term, he was either injured or suspended for a considerable number of games when with us anyway. Thanks for your efforts Labadie but why you’d choose that option when you could play for a proper football club mystifies me.

So if true then I believe that Labadie is in the top few highest earners at the club why is MF insisting on the 'I'm prepared to wait and see if he signs line ?'..Move on and use the fairly sizeable chunk of money that Labadie is taking , or is sitting waiiting to see of he would re sign and replace him ?????
He is a decent player at our level but can be replaced. Maybe not like for like but get a worker or two in midfield and let Crofts be the play maker. Lets be fair Labadie never 'ran the midfield' did he ? he worked hard and won a lot of balls but then let himself down with poor distribution.I believe if we have players to get the ball and give it to Crofts then he could be a decent ball playing midfielder we lacked over the last few seasons.Our midfielders always seem to get over run during games and never dominate games

newgroundrodney wrote:

Fgr i expect, D&R havn't a pot to piss in

lowandhard wrote:If that’s the case it underlines the opinion I have of some footballers these days. Despite the hicks up the road being apparently unwilling to commit until his fitness is proved if the January transfer info is true, he’s willing to chance it to get a bigger payday. This despite the fact that we gave him his chance and further committed to support him during his recuperation and have been good with him throughout.
At least Flynn can now finalise his plans without him, perhaps we’ll be better off without him long term, he was either injured or suspended for a considerable number of games when with us anyway. Thanks for your efforts Labadie but why you’d choose that option when you could play for a proper football club mystifies me.
Dinero Senor, mucho dinero.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
lowandhard wrote:If that’s the case it underlines the opinion I have of some footballers these days. Despite the hicks up the road being apparently unwilling to commit until his fitness is proved if the January transfer info is true, he’s willing to chance it to get a bigger payday. This despite the fact that we gave him his chance and further committed to support him during his recuperation and have been good with him throughout.
That a new café?

mad norm wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
That a new café?
Yes been built on the Costa Lot apparently

I’d argue it would be typical of a modern day player to sign a long term deal with us even though he wants to leave just so he gets paid. Fair play to him if he is will to walk away and get fit before joining a club. Don’t see enough kids of this. We have even had players say they are so homesick they want to leave us but not want to rip up their contracts and still want us to pay them to leave. I wish him well if he leaves.

In regards to Neil’s question about him being one of the high earners surely the new season budget was based on his new contract offer which would be nowhere near what he was on.

If this does turn out to be correct, perhaps the club, board and manager can move forward and sort this mess out for once and all.

flat4 wrote:

If this does turn out to be correct, perhaps the club, board and manager can move forward and sort this mess out for once and all.
What mess? When his contract is up we stop paying it. I don’t see what the mess is.