Re: Neymar

With each game that passes with wankers rolling around the pitch the less I want to watch football.

Home fans have got to call their own fairies out too.

I try to do this with our own players.

Any player who requires treatment should sit out 5 minutes after his treatment has finished.

Teams may substitute treated players at anytime if theyre genuine.

The game should continue around injured players who do not have the trainer on. This includes head injuries. Another player can call on the trainer at any time for his team mate but the 5 minute has to be invoked.

Ive watched 4 WC games so far, Neymar killed it for me.

Don't get the fuss around play acting. Neymar did it and got into the Mexican players heads. Job done.

I've seen players do it at RP and our players have reacted to it and allowed it to wind them up. While there's no laws/retrospective action, it's a pointless debate for me. Players will seek any advantage to win.

Part of me wonders if VAR has actually made some of this worse. It's like "I'll roll around like I've been shot then I'll make them look at the video". There's been a lot of tangling at corners and sometimes the attackers are forcing the contact, going down and then hoping the video will find in their favour.

To be honest I'd quite like it if we trialled the rugby way. Neymar is rolling around in such pain so the ref calls on the physio and meanwhile they carry on playing. I bet he'd soon get up then!

Collars wrote:Part of me wonders if VAR has actually made some of this worse. It's like "I'll roll around like I've been shot then I'll make them look at the video". There's been a lot of tangling at corners and sometimes the attackers are forcing the contact, going down and then hoping the video will find in their favour.

To be honest I'd quite like it if we trialled the rugby way. Neymar is rolling around in such pain so the ref calls on the physio and meanwhile they carry on playing. I bet he'd soon get up then!
Agree with the principle, unfortunately football doesn't have the same risk as rugby of being trampled over by several heavy players, hence not the same incentive to get up when possible

Collars wrote:Part of me wonders if VAR has actually made some of this worse. It's like "I'll roll around like I've been shot then I'll make them look at the video".
I think that conclusion is exactly right.

If part of the VAR assessment was “Did the injured player clearly exaggerate his injury? Then yellow card” that would make things interesting, as well as reducing the times I kick the cat in anger whenever Neymar (other pillocks are available) feigns injury.

It's now so commonplace for a player to hold his head in the knowledge that the referee is duty bound to stop the play. Just seen one by a Swiss player, think he got a poke in the ribs. Time for this rule to be changed. Allow the physio to come on automatically. The player still gets attention, in fact even quicker, so it can't be said that the injury is being ignored. Play goes on and the cheats will get up a lot more quickly.

It's awful isn't it? That Neymar ankle reaction reminded me of the angler catching a fish goal celebration.i hadn't seen a great deal of Neymar before this world cup so can anyone tell me is he having a bad few games or is he normally this crap

Neymar is known for being 'theatrical'. He must have been distraught. He couldn't exactly throw himself to the ground and roll around too much as he was already there. Poor chap. He has to show his colours, what do you expect.

I agree with the previous poster. We should ask ourselves one question, would he have behaved in this manner if VAR wasn't there? The VAR World Cup indeed. The way it is being abused and used is pathetic. One for FIFA.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Just read on the BBC website that Neymar divides opinion.

I'm not so sure. Is there anyone who doesn't think he is a wonderfully gifted footballer who is also a cheating little shit?
Not only that, I fear for the safety of any health professional should the occasion arise that when or if Neymar is in severe pain that he needs a morphine injection.