Re: Informed sources tell me.

Baladabadi wrote:
county2016 wrote:Heard we offered him 1200 a week and he wants 1500 just another rumour for the pot
So he basically wants League 1 money from a financially struggling League 2 club.
What he wants is the highest possible salary he can get. So do you, so do I, so does everyone. I remember once a County player demanding and getting an extra £1 for every spectator. Best of luck to him. I suppose that in an ideal world that player would have said, no use that money to develop the club.

However that forgets that we love the club, the volunteers love the club, but for our employees, they are earning a living. As a club we should be fair employers. We should treat every single worker, be they player, manager, or administration staff fairly and with respect. No more, no less.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Baladabadi wrote:
county2016 wrote:Heard we offered him 1200 a week and he wants 1500 just another rumour for the pot
So he basically wants League 1 money from a financially struggling League 2 club.
What he wants is the highest possible salary he can get. So do you, so do I, so does everyone. I remember once a County player demanding and getting an extra £1 for every spectator. Best of luck to him. I suppose that in an ideal world that player would have said, no use that money to develop the club.

However that forgets that we love the club, the volunteers love the club, but for our employees, they are earning a living. As a club we should be fair employers. We should treat every single worker, be they player, manager, or administration staff fairly and with respect. No more, no less.
If a company were to offer me an extra £300 a week until I'm 65 of course I would consider it.

Here we are talking about £300 extra a week for 2 years which is not a life changing amount over the period of a lifetime's earnings.

For starters he has to go without salary for several months in the hope that a big paying club offers him a deal if/when he gets fit.

It's a bit of risk considering that a caring club is willing to invest in him here and now.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Bush wrote:
How is it weakness? Still don’t get this. The guy currently doesn’t have a knee good enough to play under 6’s football. We offered him a contract and basically he has till the time he gets fit to sign it. What is the rush? We were trying to sign someone who wouldn’t be ready till jan at the earliest. The club thought they had a chance of signing someone who if fit wouldn’t sign with us. I don’t see any issue with how this has been handled from the club or even joss’s point of view.
By way of analogy.

Imagine there are two equally attractive men who find one of their female colleagues very attractive. Both men are single, as is the woman, both good looking, both thoroughly decent chaps.

The first chap asks the woman on a date. Dinner on Saturday night. She says she'll think about it. Our man rings her the next day but she's still thinking it over. So he rings her again the next day. She still ponders.

At this juncture chap number two calls and asks her out on a date also. Coincidentally dinner on Saturday night. Our fair and lovely young woman says she'll think about it. However man number two says, no sorry, I really like you but you're not the only fish in the sea. If I haven't heard by five o'clock I'll take it as a no and move on.

Now who do you think gets the dinner date?
That would depend entirely on the character of the woman, so not a simple hypothesis.

Ado wrote:
That would depend entirely on the character of the woman, so not a simple hypothesis.
Okay, everyone is entitled to their own view. However I am now going to offer some unsolicited advice to the young men who read this board. It is up to you whether you use it and I will say no more.

Women will test you. It is their nature. They are hardwired to do this. They will be unreasonable in their demands. They do this not because they are cruel, some are but most aren't. They will do this not because they are unreasonable, some are but most aren't. Women will test you to see how you react.

Now ask yourself this. Why should any woman, or any person for that matter respect you if you don't respect yourself. This does not mean you should behave like a jerk. Be kind, be polite, but remember your time is valuable too. If you allow anyone to walk all over you they will.

Seriously there are only three acceptable answers. You have put it on the line. You had the courage to ask someone out. (That's a good start by the way.) So the three replies you can accept are yes, no, or I'm busy Saturday can we make it another time? The one reply you must never accept is maybe. Treat maybe as a no and move on.

One final point. There are a number of women who read this board. Please feel free to tell them I'm right.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Ado wrote:
Okay, everyone is entitled to their own view. However I am now going to offer some unsolicited advice to the young men who read this board. It is up to you whether you use it and I will say no more.

Women will test you. It is their nature. They are hardwired to do this. They will be unreasonable in their demands. They do this not because they are cruel, some are but most aren't. They will do this not because they are unreasonable, some are but most aren't. Women will test you to see how you react.

Now ask yourself this. Why should any woman, or any person for that matter respect you if you don't respect yourself. This does not mean you should behave like a jerk. Be kind, be polite, but remember your time is valuable too. If you allow anyone to walk all over you they will.

Seriously there are only three acceptable answers. You have put it on the line. You had the courage to ask someone out. (That's a good start by the way.) So the three replies you can accept are yes, no, or I'm busy Saturday can we make it another time? The one reply you must never accept is maybe. Treat maybe as a no and move on.

One final point. There are a number of women who read this board. Please feel free to tell them I'm right.
Yes, I'll go with that - yes is yes, no and maybe are no. I'd also add that similar advice should be heeded by women - do not allow a man to walk over you (or anyone else for that matter). We should all be able to respect another's viewpoint. Applies in so many areas :)

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Ado wrote:

Stan - a bit sweeping regarding your comment about women. Not all women are like that - I was lucky enough to meet the right person 20 years ago - you only fairly recently but I can see why you hold that view. I guess we all have different experiences in life and at different ages.

Mr Figo wrote:
Stan - a bit sweeping regarding your comment about women. Not all women are like that - I was lucky enough to meet the right person 20 years ago - you only fairly recently but I can see why you hold that view. I guess we all have different experiences in life and at different ages.
I don't want to get too bogged down by this and I am trying to be light hearted but I think you are missing my point.

Everyone tests in relationships of any nature. Kids try to push boundaries and that's not a bad thing. Women test men. That's not a bad thing. Labadie is pushing for the best deal he can get. That's not a bad thing.

Westsider gets that. Gets my point. Before anyone will respect you, you have to respect yourself. That doesn't mean being a jerk, it just means sometimes saying no. Up with that I shall not put.

Back on topic, Labadie gave us runaround. To blame him for that is like ridiculous. He gave us the runaround because we let him. We made him an offer, he didn't take it. Self respect demanded we should have said to him, sign up now or goodbye. We didn't, we lost face and self respect.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:
I don't want to get too bogged down by this and I am trying to be light hearted but I think you are missing my point.

Everyone tests in relationships of any nature. Kids try to push boundaries and that's not a bad thing. Women test men. That's not a bad thing. Labadie is pushing for the best deal he can get. That's not a bad thing.

Westsider gets that. Gets my point. Before anyone will respect you, you have to respect yourself. That doesn't mean being a jerk, it just means sometimes saying no. Up with that I shall not put.

Back on topic, Labadie gave us runaround. To blame him for that is like ridiculous. He gave us the runaround because we let him. We made him an offer, he didn't take it. Self respect demanded we should have said to him, sign up now or goodbye. We didn't, we lost face and self respect.

How has Labadie given us 'the run around' ? He was made an offer by the club, he refused, the club knows what he wants and, unfortunately, we can't meet it, that's not giving us the run around.
The club have known he isn't signing for what we've offered for 7 months, it's the club that need to move on, withdraw offer and see if he comes running back if he doesn't get a club, then we'll be in the driving seat or he may have missed the boat with his wages being used on his replacement.