Re: Kit Launch

newgroundrodney wrote:
Taffweigan wrote:A bit disappointed with this. I'd have liked to go but don't finish work until 5
Will they not even allow us to use Rodney Parade to launch our kit?..... If that's the case, I say IF, then we are in shit street.
Locked out of there is the rumour. Which yes agree if it’s true we are screwed. I’m hoping that rumour is fake news.

daftasfxxx wrote:Depresses me this board, any opportunity to have a dig, posting rumours as if they are fact and needing an answer off the club, ******* pathetic

That's as maybe, but you think a kit launch at 4:00pm on a Tuesday afternoon at the local shopping precinct is better than using our home ground as backdrop? Bars open, shirts in stock, fans buying merchandise, just a better atmosphere all round.
Afterwards, then the word can go out wider.
But you miss my point of IF...and I stress IF we can't be allowed to use our home ground for what is a major event in our calendar, doesn't that ring any alarms for you at all?
So that's season ticket sales at the local former cinema, no club shop, kit launch in town when most fans are still in work and a few other issues besides. Think back to last season, and if true, and I stress IF, our relationship with our landlords must now be at an all time low.
But that's OK, it's just messageboarders having a dig.

Threadbare wrote:If this is true I hope that The Dragons Chairman can look his father in the eye.
Why, Is it not the WRU that own the ground not the Dragons?Sooner or later the Council need to step in and sort this debacle. Why they did not buy the ground in the first place is a mystery. It really is a crazy situation that we are stuck in the middle of.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Threadbare wrote:If this is true I hope that The Dragons Chairman can look his father in the eye.
Why, Is it not the WRU that own the ground not the Dragons?Sooner or later the Council need to step in and sort this debacle. Why they did not buy the ground in the first place is a mystery. It really is a crazy situation that we are stuck in the middle of.
The council don’t have enough money for education, social services and highways. Why should they fund two sports clubs for what 10% of the city’s population? There would be outrage in the city if they did.

I would suggest that there is currently an unbreakable link between The Dragons , its Chairman and The WRU. As the Chairmans father is a season ticket holder at The County ( so has been said on here, can't confirm personally) perhaps the late night cup of cocoa could be difficult. Just Drink.

Maybe , but there would also be outrage if they allowed the WRU to force out both our rugby and football teams from the City to develop a stadium for housing.

This would mean it would be the second time in 35 years for the football team after they promisied us a stadium fit for purpose and then renaging on the deal.

Alan G Bryant wrote:Maybe , but there would also be outrage if they allowed the WRU to force out both our rugby and football teams from the City to develop a stadium for housing.

This would mean it would be the second time in 35 years for the football team after they promisied us a stadium fit for purpose and then renaging on the deal.
Would you spend your own money, building a new house for an old tenant, who you know will fall behind with the rent, whose visitors are often rowdy and even violent?