Serious question.

Judging by the vitriol coming my way it seems pretty clear that the usual crowd realize that the fear raised by Bush is true.

Looking at the evidence it seems pretty clear that the contract held by the WRU is weighted very much in their favour. It is also obvious that the WRU are demanding every benefit they can. Clearly the directors of Newport County have decided to call their bluff. And I can see why.

Just one question.

What if the WRU aren't bluffing?

Re: Serious question.

Exile 1976 wrote:I don't think they are. Listening to what my mate was telling me, they seem to be doing all they can to make it impossible for us to remain there.
I thought looking at the evidence that is the case. The amount of abuse I have received these last few days rather served to corroborate it.

If it is true, and I stress I don't know, and at the risk of asking a 'facile' question. What are we to do? Other than set the old satnav for The Lawn, Forest Green.

George Street-Bridge wrote:How can any comment by any supporter on a messageboard "corroborate" anything about WRU intentions? The idea is completely cracked.
George,

Clearly the amount of abuse directed at me from any number of people who are posting incognito on this board is being orchestrated by elements within the club.

I have noticed that this abuse tends to increase when the club wish to deflect. Not all of course, they can rely on school children and middle-aged bigots to join in.

You are so delightfully facile George.

Edit.

However back on topic. Sources inform me that we are indeed currently locked out of Rodney Parade. Now what should we do if the WRU doesn't budge?

It seems to me that there are only three options. Beg another club to ground share, give in to blackmail or fold.

If anyone has any other ideas, I would love to hear them.

George Street-Bridge wrote:How can any comment by any supporter on a messageboard "corroborate" anything about WRU intentions? The idea is completely cracked.

George, my source has nothing to do with Newport County, he's not even a fan, but i trust everything he has told me. This will come out sooner rather than later and you'll be surprised how bad things are for us under the WRU

George Street-Bridge wrote:You really do see yourself as central to the club, don't you? Beyond ludicrous, get some help.
Please don't tell me how I see myself. That's rude. I should point out also that down the years more than one director at Newport County has contacted me to say that there are concerted efforts made to rubbish my views but that I should keep on asking the questions.

More importantly I would be interested in what you have to say on the topic in hand. I stress that I can't be sure but I am as certain as I can be, that the WRU are enforcing to the letter our license agreement to play at Rodney Parade. The agreement, which I have seen, is weighted very heavily in favour of the Landlord. My interpretation although my expertise is not in land law, is that we are between a rock and a hard place.

So what do you think we should do. Fold the club and start again? Give in to blackmail? Move to Stroud or Cardiff? Or do you perhaps have another solution? If you are able to not reply with either vulgar abuse or some facile comments, I would really like to know your opinion.

My views on the WRU haven't changed since the last time we debated this in a thread you started, or the time before that.

Kicking us out would be cutting off their nose to spite their face and us upping sticks would be the same.

Tip when discussing commercial law - "license" is a verb and the noun is "licence".

flat4 wrote:There is never any smoke with out fire, ask your self why a consultation was called,
If things are that delicate between all parties concerned, why have we the fans/owners being kept in the dark, Transparency is all we ask for.
Or maybe you've been sucked into the 'debate' by the speculation which seems to be fuelled by an awful lot of ifs, buts and hearsay.

Posted on another thread.

Can’t anybody see what’s going on ?
FONR (egg chasers) those that were opposed to the WRU take over seen it coming and are still adamant that the objective is for them and us to be ousted from RP and the Dragons to play their games around other grounds in the region, and before anybody says the other grounds aren’t up to scratch, the plan is to use the money generated by the sale and regeneration of the land that RP sits on to refurbish the other grounds around the region to enable them to stage the Dragons games.
They are and will twist and scheme within the boundaries of their contractual obligations to make it impossible for us to survive financially, and eventually forcing us and NRFC to breach our contracts/license to the point of financial ruin or that we have to walk away, The Earl of Goldcliff seem to think that the WRU don’t want any fingers of blame being pointed at them so will be very careful to push the boundaries to their full legal parameters by getting their lawyers to play upon any ambiguity within the wording of any agreements, bottom line is that the level of rugby NRFC play doesn’t really need a stadium, and “fook the soccer”

We are not behind with the rent !!!
We are no longer in to our overdraft !!!
We do owe Les and this is being serviced !!!
We are actually earning interest at the moment!!

We are being asked to pay towards things that should be the sole remit of the landlord.
we pay rent to use the facilities of RP that we need, so why should we pay towards the purchase of a new scrummaging machine that we will not benefit from, just because the WRU say it’s going to be a new part of the facilities of RP.
please don’t misunderstand, they don’t want to increase our rent because of the new facilities they actually want us to pay towards the purchase.

I’m reliably told by the Earl of Goldcliff this is just the beginning of the plan to oust both clubs.

George Street-Bridge wrote:My views on the WRU haven't changed since the last time we debated this in a thread you started, or the time before that.

Kicking us out would be cutting off their nose to spite their face and us upping sticks would be the same.

Tip when discussing commercial law - "license" is a verb and the noun is "licence".
Thanks for the tip George. As I have said, being dyslexic I chose a career where my vocal skills were required. The spell checker is invaluable to me but is not perfect. Your insults don't worry me but perhaps you ought consider how you might effect ( or should that be affect? :? ) children and indeed some adults who have educational difficulties.

Just a little point for our younger readers. People like Mr Tanner, who feel that it appropriate to try to undermine you, are pedants who say far more about themselves than they do about you. Those of you living with disabilities, seen and unseen, should just ignore this unpleasant and vulgar little man.

Back on point. Whilst I disagree with you, I think that the WRU are acting in their own best interest, let us assume that the WRU are cutting off their nose to spite their face. We are still having the life crushed out of our club.

So, what do you suggest we do?

excessbee wrote:
flat4 wrote:There is never any smoke with out fire, ask your self why a consultation was called,
If things are that delicate between all parties concerned, why have we the fans/owners being kept in the dark, Transparency is all we ask for.
Or maybe you've been sucked into the 'debate' by the speculation which seems to be fuelled by an awful lot of ifs, buts and hearsay.
I hope we are being sucked into such a debate. I hope our fears are unfounded.

We know that since the influx of new directors at Newport County four of the intake have been more than willing to come on this board and explain why certain speculation is incorrect.

Now I will always say what I think. And whilst I don't always agree with anyone there are those people I trust completely. On the present board of directors there are in the new intake at least four whom I have every confidence in. I should point out that having every confidence in and always agreeing with are two different things which is rather too nuanced for some posters but that's not my problem.

So if Rob Sant' or Kevin Ward want to come on here and say that the relationship between Newport County AFC and the Welsh Rugby Football Union is healthy and mutually beneficial and supportive I would be delighted to hear such news.