Re: Let's put this to bed.

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Fact 8) Therefore if the speculation is not correct then I can think of no reason why the club simply don't quell that which is being said.
Apart from Commercial Confidentiality issues?

What could possibly be confidential about having a healthy relationship between landlord and tenant?

Brendan, seriously you're just better off knocking it on the head. We've tried to tell people, some are not prepared to listen so let them watch as it unfolds.
If we're wrong, we're wrong, the club has a great relationship, everything is hunky dory and we're only using Neon to sell and pick up our ST's instead of our supposed new all singing, all dancing new club shop for the sake of it.
If we're right however, then some people are in for a rude awakening.

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Fact 8) Therefore if the speculation is not correct then I can think of no reason why the club simply don't quell that which is being said.
Apart from Commercial Confidentiality issues?
Don’t get that really. If we can’t use the facilities because of re-organisation that’s fine, if it’s not and is due to some sort of dispute I can’t see why that can’t be said.

This for me is why I strongly suspect that the 'rumour' is well founded.

I agree with Corpaboy, and Daftas, and Loyalfoot, and Jimmyexile. If the rumours are not true then the continued speculation is damaging our club. If the directors of Newport County who can kill the speculation choose not to do so, then logic dictates that either they collectively wish to damage our club or at least are happy to stand by and let our club be damaged or the rumour has substance.

Exile 1976 wrote:Brendan, seriously you're just better off knocking it on the head. We've tried to tell people, some are not prepared to listen so let them watch as it unfolds.
If we're wrong, we're wrong, the club has a great relationship, everything is hunky dory and we're only using Neon to sell and pick up our ST's instead of our supposed new all singing, all dancing new club shop for the sake of it.
If we're right however, then some people are in for a rude awakening.
I really hope we are wrong. But I don't think we are.

As for knocking it on the head. Well I remain an optimist. I think that we can and should develop a stadium fit for purpose. I believe that if you face up to problems eventually you will find a way of overcoming them. I believe that the people of Newport are as good as everyone else. I believe that you only lose when you give up.

I know we have not always seen eye to eye. I know also that you and me can sometimes let our passion run away with us. However I know also that you share my ridiculous passion for our club. Don't you dare give up either.

Stan
You're a man who likes dealing in FACTS . As you state , and quite rightly so .

At the moment , the only FACTS that we have is Kevin Ward stating that the current arrangement with the WRU over our use of Rodney Parade is not sustainable in the long term . The WRU have stated back that they believe that Newport County still have a fair deal over there .

This has now developed into rumours of us being "locked out" of not only RP , but also our training ground .
Rumours not based on FACTS at all and damaging to our preseason and attracting more new players , either on loan or permanent .

I'm guessing that the reason that the Board haven't commented is
1) this is an Unofficial Messageboard , and
2) they may be in conversation with WRU over re-negotiating .

I agree that nobody should "give up" and stop asking questions which are relevant and properly conducted .

But not on here , eh ?
Corpa

Rob stated there was a board meeting Friday and I believe he said he would report back anything not confidential.

Think its time to get our Top Argus reporter on the case to quell all these "unfounded rumours"

The new shop will be looking superb once its kitted out, unfortunately its going to take longer than expected 2 months!!!.

Locked out for sure, hopefully not permanently of course.

Heard they are going to paint the Neon Black and Amber next week

jollysuperstar wrote:Rob stated there was a board meeting Friday and I believe he said he would report back anything not confidential.

Think its time to get our Top Argus reporter on the case to quell all these "unfounded rumours"

The new shop will be looking superb once its kitted out, unfortunately its going to take longer than expected 2 months!!!.

So let's wait until Friday then and see what comes from "the horses mouth" ?

Corpaboy wrote:
jollysuperstar wrote:Rob stated there was a board meeting Friday and I believe he said he would report back anything not confidential.

Ah yes, the magical Friday when 'things' are announced. Didn't someone say on here that last Friday was the last opportunity for Interbet to go live as they needed to be open for Saturday? (Can't remember the exact reason but last Friday was mentioned).

Anyway, just checked the Interbet site and it states 'sponsors of Newport County'. Sign up for an email for notification when we go live.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:This for me is why I strongly suspect that the 'rumour' is well founded.

I agree with Corpaboy, and Daftas, and Loyalfoot, and Jimmyexile. If the rumours are not true then the continued speculation is damaging our club. If the directors of Newport County who can kill the speculation choose not to do so, then logic dictates that either they collectively wish to damage our club or at least are happy to stand by and let our club be damaged or the rumour has substance.
You are the fella who says by responding to a rumour and denying it,you are saying that it is fact.You have said ,the best thing to do with rumours is to ignore them.Make your mind up.

pembsexile wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:

Ah yes, the magical Friday when 'things' are announced. Didn't someone say on here that last Friday was the last opportunity for Interbet to go live as they needed to be open for Saturday? (Can't remember the exact reason but last Friday was mentioned).

Anyway, just checked the Interbet site and it states 'sponsors of Newport County'. Sign up for an email for notification when we go live.

TBH I'm not bothered by that Mike, we've had the money, so that's the main thing.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Let's just see if I can post up some very straightforward facts on which we can all agree. And let's start by accepting that regardless of past arguments everyone on here is united in wanting the best for Newport County.

Fact 1) There is a belief among certain supporters that the WRU are holding Newport County to ransom over payments for the use of Rodney Parade.

Fact 2) That belief may be true or it may be false.

Fact 3) If that belief is false then this speculation can only cause unnecessary damage to our club.

Fact 4) Everyone on this board hopes that the belief is wrong and would be delighted if it is unfounded.

Fact 5) Every director would want to do everything possible to stem anything which might damage our club.

Fact 6) There are four directors of Newport County who have posted under their own names on this board.

Fact 7) Everybody on this board would accept without question the word of any of those four directors.

No facts. Fact.

pembsexile wrote: Ah yes, the magical Friday when 'things' are announced. Didn't someone say on here that last Friday was the last opportunity for Interbet to go live as they needed to be open for Saturday? (Can't remember the exact reason but last Friday was mentioned).

That was me. They also have an arrangement with Chepstow Racecourse who's first meeting of the season starts on Friday.

As you noticed from their website, they do seem to be moving towards a launch

So we have been paid on our sponsorship according to one poster, we have also negated the fire at bar amber to set up an excellent arrangement with the FAW, signed some quality players ( on paper ). It looks a pretty positive month to me, unless of course you believe there will be 3,000 locked out of RP on August 11th.