Re: Neymar

In the last world cup Neymar was kicked out of it and broke his back. How do you expect him to act? hes kicked from pillar to post every game.

Ironically Maguire against Colombia still the most obvious dive of the tournament.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:Start giving the cheats red cards. Perhaps VAR could be extended to cover acts of cheating.
I agree.

Let's though not take the moral high ground, all teams cheat.
yes all teams cheat or try to cheat, and the more they go unpunished for doing so the more they will do it.

Retrospective punishments must be the way forward. The referee has to make an instantaneous decision and logic says he or she will get some wrong, after all the intention is to deceive. Discovering 48 hours later that you've been rumbled and suspended may make a difference.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:Start giving the cheats red cards. Perhaps VAR could be extended to cover acts of cheating.
I agree.

Let's though not take the moral high ground, all teams cheat.
I agree. But you've got to start somewhere. If you start with the professional game then perhaps the whole concept of attempting to con the ref will filter downwards.

I don't hold my breath on any action being taken. If you take away the contentious issues in football then you lose the whole cabal of football experts that pontificate on each game and a signioficant amount of the bullshit surrounding the game...

Retrospective punishment would mean harry maguire would now be suspended for the semi. this is what makes me laugh. English media slagging neymar off yet even though he might go over the top he has been fouled in each incident and not dived. The one time he dived he got straight back up.