Re: New Kit leak

I went to the kit launch and the kit does look better in reality than in photo form. The third kit is still the better of the three.

But what an amateurish kit launch it was. If County are going to do things like this it really needs to be better thought out that what we got this afternoon. There was no structure to the event and the PA system wasn't fit for the purpose. Instead of the amateur Newport City Radio perhaps if tried again they could pay for a professional outfit to run it.

I quite enjoyed Jack Perrett though

Still a few clubs who haven't launched their new kits - see FGR press release below. Northampton and Carlisle haven't released theirs yet either.

Tuesday 17 July 2018
Forest Green Rovers has appointed the Danish sportswear brand Hummel as the club’s official kit supplier for the 2018-2020 seasons.
But fans will have to wait until Saturday's match against Bristol Rovers to get a look at the new kit due to logistical issues with Hummel, which mean that Rovers won't be wearing the new kit in tonight's match.
Tom Sinclair, sport market manager UK & Ireland for Hummel, said:
“We are extremely pleased to be partnering with Forest Green Rovers for the 2018/20 seasons and beyond.
“As a company with similar values we greatly admire the work you are doing and look forward to doing some great projects as we begin our journey together.
“This season we have partnered with the club to co-design and develop for you two stunning bespoke Home and Away kits.
“It had been planned to launch the new home kit in time for your game against Leeds tonight but unfortunately due to logistical issues this has not been possible, rest assured we are working hard to resolve these issues and we look forward to launching both kits in the very near future.
“Both home and away kits will be available to pre order from next week and the club shop will take delivery of both home and away kits in all sizes prior to the start of the season on the 4th of August.
“We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused to fans eager to get their hands on the new kits.”

I was speaking a couple of weeks ago with a mate who was paid last season to sort the new kit for the first team squad of a championship club. Basically to open all the boxes and put together set of playing, training, travel etc kit together for each player. He was sworn to secrecy over the design so decided to wait until everything had arrived before opening any of the boxes. He reckons it was a complete nightmare with missing or wrong items for almost every player. He won't be doing it again this season.

It seems that football clubs just accept dreadful service where kit is concerned.

FWIW I absolutely love the Amber and Black home and away kits, and think the white third is a weirdly generic rip off of Spain's away kit in 2014, but it's still decent.

The retro 1938 and 1958 hooped shirt is one I'm very surprised we haven't gone for before and it's fantastic.

I bought and wore the home yesterday, would have bought both but as I went to Russia I'm skint til payday.

FWIW we should wear Amber/black/Amber (should ALWAYS be County's first choice colours) and all black away, with White third shorts, and Amber alternate shorts to cover off all eventualities.

I don't mind all amber or black shorts and socks, but amber/black/amber are the traditional colours.

Oh, and "retro" kits don't have to exactly match, they just need to be inspired by previous designs.

Percy plunkett wrote:My problem with it is,it's not really a replica with a different sponsor on it.Would all of us if we were kids,want to wear the same as our favourite player.A little bit nanny state for me.
Already did it with charities on kids' shirts when we had Bet365 on the shirt first season back in the league. Interestingly when I saw someone buying the kid kit on Saturday it didn't have a sponsor. Ruins the design but probably saves us an adidas court case!

Oh yeah and the other thing I was going to mention, the Interbet sponsor is black blue on the third kit as that's their corporate colours, it doesn't really work on the home or away kits so we've used a single colour for the sponsor to fit with the design (and complete the central stripe) on those.