Re: Rumour Control.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:"Hi, good morning,

This is your Captain speaking. Just like to control a fee rumours.

There has been a little hiccup. Nothing to worry about. Our ship satisfies all safety regulations. The first class passengers are all safe and the Carpathia is steaming towards us as I speak. To add to your comfort we have reopened all the bars and the drinks are all free. Yes what is it Exile 76?"

"I was just wondering if there are enough lifeboats for us poor devils in streerage?"

"As I was saying, our ship satisfies all safety regulations, the first class passengers are safe, and the drinks are free. Oh look lots of ice from that berg we scraped for your free drinks."
Are you saying that the club is going under imminently and the leadership is misleading the supporters?

There has been a little hiccup. Nothing to worry about. Our ship satisfies all safety regulations. The first class passengers are all safe and the Carpathia is steaming towards us as I speak. To add to your comfort we have reopened all the bars and the drinks are all free. Yes what is it Exile 76?"

"I was just wondering if there are enough lifeboats for us poor devils in streerage?"

"As I was saying, our ship satisfies all safety regulations, the first class passengers are safe, and the drinks are free. Oh look lots of ice from that berg we scraped for your free drinks."
Hooray, another puzzle for the peasants.

Oompa loompa doompety da
Do as I say you will go far
You will live in happiness too
Like the Oompa Loompa Doompety do

Amberexile wrote:

Are you saying that the club is going under imminently and the leadership is misleading the supporters?
No.

I am saying that Ryan has confirmed that there are problems with the WRU.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:

No.

I am saying that Ryan has confirmed that there are problems with the WRU.
In my view you would be better off saying so rather than spouting a load of old claptrap that insinuates that directors are being duplicitous.
Also it was stated at the last open meeting that we are having problems with the WRU so it's hardly news.

neilcork68 wrote:
lowandhard wrote:Imho wouldn’t be a bad idea to get a licence in one of the empty pubs in town and combine it with a club shop there also selling tea, coffee and snacks during the day. Newport seems to love coffee shops, and the inhabitants of the city ( like me ) have always enjoyed a drink! :grin:

Have you seen the rents/ rates the shops have to pay in the City Centre ? That's one of the reasons shops are struggling
Yeah I appreciate that but a multipurpose venue as above has a chance of fulfilling all the rôle we need of a retail outlet, booze, food, soft drinks, shop and ticketing, that should ensure some footfall. After all despite that these shops are allegedly “ struggling “, there is absolutely no shortage of coffee shops and pubs! Perhaps Clarence Place would be a cheaper venue and closer to the ground.

They way I see it is pretty simple. Last season we had a good year financially. The WRU recognised this and have implemented clauses in the poor agreement to extricate more money out of us. The board are disputing it and do not feel they can comment publicly yet.

Give them a break.

Alan G Bryant wrote:They way I see it is pretty simple. Last season we had a good year financially. The WRU recognised this and have implemented clauses in the poor agreement to extricate more money out of us. The board are disputing it and do not feel they can comment publicly yet.

Give them a break.

Just to confirm that I don't blame the current Board for the situation we're in in the slightest

Few more points

Thanks Ryan mate.

Like Rob appreciate you coming on here.

One little problem being that all the points you raised in your initial thread all of us with brain cells new anyway.

The one thing we did not know has now been answered after Owls asked you.

We have been locked out of our proposed shop/ticket office hence Kingsway and the Neon here we now come.

Feel for you and the rest of the lads on the board.
AGB you really do my head in sorry to say
All is okay of course.

Just a little thanks to any Board member who takes the time to contribute on hear.

Keep taking the tablets lads.

I'm just genuinely surprised at the amount of people on this message board who don't think that if people have potentially bad/worrying information about the club that could have serious consequences for us, we should not bring it up or discuss it.

Unfortunately, and i know his intentions were good, a director has posted this thread today but instead of squashing the main rumour (our situation with the WRU) has only added to it.